Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2017, 15:09   #5641
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

AliExpress is having a sale on 11th November. The discounted pricing applicable for some products are indicated already. Just a heads-up.

I've added some cheap cables, adapters, connectors etc. Do have a look in case you guys have something in mind and can wait for sometime for the things to show up at the doorstep.
Old 5th November 2017, 18:27   #5642

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Has anyone got any experience with fake delivery and fake signature?
Yes, long time back. I do not even remember the site or the product.

But, I do remember that it was resolved by sticking to my guns.
Old 6th November 2017, 01:36   #5643
BHPian

Any idea if the Open Delivery promise by Paytm applies to all products? I have an iPhone on the way and will try to have the courier guy stay so I can inspect the package in his presence. Got to know about this only today after some grocery stuff was delivered today and I got an email stating that delivered under this open delivery promise and hence no returns will be entertained...
Old 6th November 2017, 08:39   #5644
BHPian

Folks, Anyone had any experiences with Vulcan courier. Placed an order for iPhone through Airtel Online store. Form the generated tax invoice got to know the phone is shipped through Vulcan. It was dispatched on 4 Nov from Delhi to Bangalore with an estimated delivery of 9 Nov.
More to it I'm not able to track the shipment with the shared AWB number.
Appreciate any pointers.
Cheers!
Old 6th November 2017, 08:47   #5645
Distinguished - BHPian

@treadmark, I have received one package thru Vulcan. Havent faced issues.
Old 6th November 2017, 15:02   #5646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Folks, Anyone had any experiences with Vulcan courier. P!
If it is Vulcan express, it is a subsidy of snapdeal. I have not had any bad experiences so far but the deliveries have been very slow.

They do update their tracking regularly. You can google for "Vulcan express tracking"
Old 7th November 2017, 11:09   #5647
Senior - BHPian

Had ordered a phone off Amazon on Sunday - scheduled to be delivered on Monday (Prime). Monday morning the status was out for delivery, but sometime during the day it changed to "Delay in delivery due to external factors". I had received an SMS with a phone number, which I called late in the evening (8:30-ish). So apparently this is what happened: the phone was delivered to a different apartment complex (similar name; because both by the same builder) about 5 km away. I drove over to that complex this morning to pick up my package - so all's well that ends well. Have left a 1-star feedback on delivery experience though.
Old 7th November 2017, 11:28   #5648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
So apparently this is what happened: the phone was delivered to a different apartment complex (similar name; because both by the same builder) about 5 km away.
They sort deliveries based on the PIN code, right? Wonder how this can happen.
Old 7th November 2017, 12:17   #5649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
They sort deliveries based on the PIN code, right? Wonder how this can happen.
Both locations have the same pin code. Apartment names are also similar (same builder, as I mentioned). Plus, at the wrong location - they apparently have a protocol wherein e-commerce deliveries are made to an in-premise SPOC who then distributes it within the complex; avoids dozens of delivery executives roaming around. So with hundreds of deliveries in a day I expect a failure in process was inevitable.
Old 7th November 2017, 14:38   #5650
BHPian

Does Amazon approve of a return for a phone if the box is completely unopened? I know they have specified that the return wouldn't be approved if the item is no longer needed but, has anyone had a similar experience?
Old 8th November 2017, 07:51   #5651
BHPian

I had ordered a car/ motorcycle jump starter from Amazon.com in August 24, from a seller who would deliver to India. Delivery was for September 11th which was postponed to September 15th.
Tracking details showed package held in Delhi customs. I waited for 3 weeks for the package to be released. Sent a couple of mails to the Amazon/Seller (who had charged more than other sellers, but was delivering to India), who replied that they do not deal with Customs.
Post Diwali, was hoping to receive some notice from India Post. Waited for another fortnight, and finally contacted a custom clearing agent who got it released in a day after paying 42% duty.
So, the product which costs Rs 7000 (in the USA) landed price in India was Rs 20000, after paying import, shipping, handling charges and custom duty.

Reason for the delay was that they shipped by USPS, which inevitably gets stuck in India Customs.
Had the Amazon/Seller shipped by FedEx /DHL /UPS shipping, I would have received this in 7 days at my house after custom clearing and duty paid.

Lesson learnt. Next time when ordering from international online sites, ask the seller to only ship through FedEx /DHL /UPS /TNT. Duty can be paid from the comfort of your home. And most importantly, you receive your precious merchandise in a week. 😀
Old 8th November 2017, 09:25   #5652
BHPian

Third consecutive bad experience from Printland.in. Their customer service is a joke. First time I ordered a few wedding invitation cards for a colleague, the envelopes they sent were too small. The customer care number displayed on their website gets me the "please check the number you have dialed" response. Shot off a mail, no replies at all. Not even a standard 'thank you for your patience' kinda crap.

Second time a friend ordered a key chain. Item delivered but the edge was damaged. Once again, no replies from the customer care.

Third time, a colleague ordered a key chain on 20th october. Scheduled delivery was 30th, but no news till now. Once again the customer care is silent.

The Online Shopping Thread-stuff.png

Truly great service indeed!
Old 8th November 2017, 11:37   #5653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@treadmark, I have received one package thru Vulcan. Havent faced issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
If it is Vulcan express, it is a subsidy of snapdeal. I have not had any bad experiences so far but the deliveries have been very slow.

They do update their tracking regularly. You can google for "Vulcan express tracking"
Received the shipment, it took three days for a shipment from Delhi to Bangalore and its a pretty decent lead time.
But the online tracking was not updated and it displayed the shipment yet to leave Delhi even after delivery.

I was more concerned because of the bad reviews in Google.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-vulcan.jpg  

Last edited by treadmark : 8th November 2017 at 11:39.
Old 8th November 2017, 13:00   #5654

I want to buy a Nvida GTX 1060 Graphics, Amazon is just too damn expensive, Flipkart and Snapdeal dont have what I want.

Can order from one of the following instead: mdcomputers, primeabgb or IT depot

Thing is I've never ordered from any of these companies before. Anyone advise on above are they OK to deal with in terms of customer service, returns, refunds etc.
Old 8th November 2017, 15:16   #5655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar101 View Post
I want to buy a Nvida GTX 1060 Graphics, Amazon is just too damn expensive, Flipkart and Snapdeal dont have what I want.

Can order from one of the following instead: mdcomputers, primeabgb or IT depot

Thing is I've never ordered from any of these companies before. Anyone advise on above are they OK to deal with in terms of customer service, returns, refunds etc.
I have never ordered from either of them directly, but primeabgb is a reputed seller AFAIK, and is also a seller on flipkart/amazon.
Bought a SSD from flipkart which was actually supplied by primeabgb.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks