Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2018, 19:03   #5791
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Got hit by the duty bug on an aliexpress shipment this week. Dashcam for 100 dollars. Invoice value at 10 dollars. Got asked to pay duty of 1300 bucks. Ouch.
Did you use any expedited shipping method like dhl/FedEx or ems ? Usually china/sg/hk post shipping which is delivered by India post doesn't attract duty unless you're extremely unlucky. I bought a lot of things from aliexpress which includes something cost above Rs 10000.

Last edited by archat68 : 10th January 2018 at 19:05.
Old 10th January 2018, 19:30   #5792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Did you use any expedited shipping method like dhl/FedEx or ems ? Usually china/sg/hk post shipping which is delivered by India post doesn't attract duty unless you're extremely unlucky. I bought a lot of things from aliexpress which includes something cost above Rs 10000.
Same experience here. China / Singapore / India Post (also Aliexpress Standard Shipping, which uses China or Singapore Post as a backend) takes ages but often doesn't attract duty, touch wood.
Old 11th January 2018, 10:31   #5793
Senior - BHPian

Interesting point that. Shall remember that. Thanks for the tip.
Old 11th January 2018, 13:43   #5794
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone had experience with a logistics company called JNET? I had purchased some items in Aliexpress and casually contacted the seller trying to negotiate a faster shipping option compared to the regular CN/SG/HK post and he readily agreed saying he will ship it through air through a different company assuring that the product will reach me in ten days. When they uploaded the tracking details, the company is JNET which I had never heard of before. Any idea how long these people will take to deliver and how will they deliver within India? Looks like I must have just stuck to the regular carriers.
Old 15th January 2018, 16:45   #5795
BHPian

Placed an order for 3M finesse compound yesterday around 7pm, got it delivered today around 11am

Apparently, I'm not an Amazon Prime customer too!
Old 17th January 2018, 14:05   #5796
BHPian

Was browsing through Beebom app and read the news about Xioami Power Adapter 9V on a discounted rate of Rs.449. Since I was hunting for one in AliExpress to power my wireless charger and Xioami power bank, this news came as a lifesaver.

Visited Mi site and the listing was Out of stock and In stock every minute. Got luckier and placed an Order, post which came to know there is a shipping charge of Rs. 50. Neverthless made the payment yesterday and it arrived in style few minutes back. Yet to open the package to see how it is.

Shipping was done via Bluedart and its impressive.
Old 17th January 2018, 20:52   #5797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Till then I think I will stick to NetMeds or maybe try Practo one more time.

Practo call center only operates between 0900 to 1900.
I am sceptical of how medicines are packaged and shipped. Some of the medicines should be shielded from sunlight and should not be exposed to high temperatures. These freight trucks usually become very hot during the day that the medicine may lose its potency. This is the same reason, that medicines are not recommended to kept inside cars as the temperatures can be quite high.

How are these online pharmacy dealing with this during shipping?
Old 17th January 2018, 21:39   #5798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I am sceptical of how medicines are packaged and shipped.
How are these online pharmacy dealing with this during shipping?
You have raised valid points. Never thought about this.

From my dealings with Practo & Pharmeasy, I ordered on their respective sites.
Practo & Netmeds want the prescription uploaded on their site.
Pharmeasy sends a chap to collect the prescription in the morning and it is returned with the medicines when the medicines are delivered.

A few hours later I would get a call from a physician who would ask me the reason I was ordering certain medicines - My father is diabetic and his medicines are prescribed by a doctor. Once the physician okays the order, Practo & Pharmeasy then contact the nearest pharmacy they are tied up with and the medicines are hand delivered that evening or next day.

Netmeds couriers the parcel by air.
Now that Netmeds has opened a centre in Mumbai, I am hoping they hand deliver from Mumbai.
Old 17th January 2018, 23:04   #5799
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

A recent, strange experience on Amazon:
Ordered a small item, a HDMI adaptor < ₹200.

A day before the original/planned delivery date, I received messages saying the item is reaching earlier and will be delivered that day. Sometime past 9pm, I received messages that the item has been delivered and has been received and signed by the customer

I checked outside our home and did not find any package that had been left around, so called customer care and the executive said there had been a "mis-scan", and the status of the order was incorrectly updated as delivered. He also mentioned it would be delivered the next day.

Next day morning, the Amazon delivery agent did deliver the package.

I was wondering.. if they knew there was an incorrect scan why didn't they update the status back as not delivered ?
Old 18th January 2018, 01:24   #5800
Senior - BHPian

My Aliexpress shipment from China has now gone to Sweden, no idea why.

This is the latest staus
Quote:
【CHINA】 Departed from local distribution center 2017-12-21 21:35:00 [CHINAGMT+8]
【Sweden】 The shipment is being forwarded, please wait patiently. 2018-01-15 07:32:00 [SwedenGMT+8]
The only consolation is that I am now able to track the package in IndiaPost tracking site which shows the next location as Mumbai and I have Buyer protection till Feb 7.
Old 18th January 2018, 06:42   #5801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Next day morning, the Amazon delivery agent did deliver the package. I was wondering.. if they knew there was an incorrect scan why didn't they update the status back as not delivered ?
If you look at this thread you will find many such experiences. The understanding is that the logistics providers have an SLA with Amazon and to meet those SLAs they do this. They often also claim that customer house was locked etc to avoid being penalized for delays.
Old 19th January 2018, 11:09   #5802
BHPian

Hi All,

Have ordered a Dashcam from AliExpress in first week of Jan. My first order from any international website.
The order tracking is updated yesterday for the first time as follows:
  • Send item abroad (EDI-received),Air,MUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE; 2018-01-19 19:50:00 [Malaysia]
  • Insert item into bag (Otb),Air,MUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE ; 2018-01-18 20:11:00 [Malaysia]
  • Initial item information received
Looked for this on Google & read some scary responses for previous queries. Including Imposing of Fines & Duties. Nothing clear & accurate on this part.

Price of this Dashcam is 132$, Shipping ~10$ & Discount 2$. Total order value is 140.52$. Any help on this please, what exactly this means & what all should I get myself prepared for?

Thanks,
Saurabh

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 19th January 2018 at 11:11.
Old 19th January 2018, 11:32   #5803
Senior - BHPian

Received my viofo dash cam shipped by Singapore post 2 weeks back. The total cost was over $100, so was ready to pay the duty as needed but thankfully no duty was charged. Have a few more cheaper things lined up for delivery, let's see how it goes. So far liking aliexpress a lot.
Old 19th January 2018, 13:53   #5804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
[*]Send item abroad (EDI-received),Air,MUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE; 2018-01-19 19:50:00 [Malaysia] [*]Insert item into bag (Otb),Air,MUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE ; 2018-01-18 20:11:00 [Malaysia] [*]Initial item information received
Means it has only now been handed over to the Malaysian postal department so they can send it to you over speedpost. In the next 10-15 days it will reach you, with or without a demand for customs duty. If there is duty assessed the postman will give you a receipt and you have to pay him cash.
Old 19th January 2018, 15:20   #5805
BHPian

I tried placing an order at Vicky.in ( I realised poor ratings only after this mistake), Jiomoney notified successful payment but Vicky site says payment failed.

Expectedly, Vicky is not responding to mails/calls. I have logged service request to Jio, what can i expect next ? Please advise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks