Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2018, 15:27   #5806
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Means it has only now been handed over .... you have to pay him cash.
Many thanks for your inputs. Was indeed a relief.
Current status updated to (same status at India Post & Aliexpress) -- Arrived at Destination Country.
  • Transfer from office of exchange (Inb),Air,MUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE >> 2018-01-22 14:30:24 [India]
  • Receive item at office of exchange (Inb),Air >> 2018-01-22 11:00:35 [India]
  • Item held by Customs Others>> 2018-01-22 11:00:00
  • Item processed at India>> 2018-01-22 11:00:00

Regards,
Saurabh
Old 30th January 2018, 00:01   #5807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
My Aliexpress shipment from China has now gone to Sweden, no idea why.

This is the latest staus

The only consolation is that I am now able to track the package in IndiaPost tracking site which shows the next location as Mumbai and I have Buyer protection till Feb 7.
So my parcel arrived today after a 40 day world tour. The packing was decent and the item is in good shape. The best part was no customs duty
Old 30th January 2018, 07:18   #5808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
So my parcel arrived today after a 40 day world tour. The packing was decent and the item is in good shape. The best part was no customs duty
Thats because the shipping method would be Swedish post. In my experience both Swedish post and Netherland post arrive earlier compared to China post even though they go to their home country during transit. These parcels also clear customs sooner.
Old 30th January 2018, 23:20   #5809
BHPian

Looking for a power-bank for USB charging which supports "pass through charging" (meaning the power bank continues to charge/provide power to the connected device, while recharging itself at the same time from wall outlet).

Any suggestions?
Old 31st January 2018, 11:33   #5810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Looking for a power-bank for USB charging which supports "pass through charging"
https://www.amazon.in/Karbonn-Polyme...4039TNT18DJJ9D

I have the linked one. It charges while I charge my iPhone. I too had a similar requirement and can vouch for fulfilling your criteria.
Ignore the price on Amazon. I think I bought on paytm at less than 1000.

Edit: Purchased for Rs 974 and got a further cashback of Rs 285.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 31st January 2018 at 12:02.
Old 1st February 2018, 16:03   #5811
BHPian

I’m having an interesting experience with Ali Express at the moment. I wanted to replace the thin transparent film that you find on the bottom few inches of the inside of the car door. You know, the area where your foot would scrape while getting in or out of the car? The film that came with the new car was showing its age and came off during the last service, so I looked for something from Aliexpress since the local shops I visited didn’t have it.
So I ordered one that looked promising, it came and I tried to install it, with no luck. It just wouldn’t stick to the moulded plastic of the door, nor would it stick to the plastic part of the scuff area in the footwell next to my seat. So I messaged the supplier, asking him to refund my money as I was dissatisfied with his product. He tried to justify his product, saying no one else had complained, that I should first clean the area, etc., to which I didn’t agree and insisted on a refund, else I would put a negative feedback and raise a dispute. So he asked me to give a 5 star rating and a good feedback and he would refund the money. Well, I replied that I wasn’t worried about the money but would not accept substandard products, nor would I give false feedback which others would rely on. So I gave him an option: either refund the money and I won’t say anything more, or else I would escalate the issue, including an email to Jack Ma as well.
He promptly replied that he would refund the money and could I please give him my paypal details. So now I’m waiting for the refund.
The amount wasn’t much, just 12.68 USD but I was pissed off not being able to use the 5metres x 40cms of film that I waited so long for, and the fact that he wanted me to give a false feedback. So this is a heads-up to all of us not to rely on the feedbacks that accompany all the products on Aliexpress. This is not to say that all the products are bad, though. I have ordered quite a few items from them and am satisfied for the most part, but finally its ‘caveat emptor’.
Cheers

Last edited by FarPatel : 1st February 2018 at 16:05.
Old 1st February 2018, 16:20   #5812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
I’m having an interesting experience with Ali Express at the moment. I wanted to replace the thin transparent film that you find on the bottom few inches of the inside of the car door. You know, the area where your foot would scrape while getting in or out of the car? The film that came with the new car was showing its age and came off during the last service, so I looked for something from Aliexpress since the local shops I visited didn’t have it.
So I ordered one that looked promising, it came and I tried to install it, with no luck. It just wouldn’t stick to the moulded plastic of the door, nor would it stick to the plastic part of the scuff area in the footwell next to my seat. So I messaged the supplier, asking him to refund my money as I was dissatisfied with his product. He tried to justify his product, saying no one else had complained, that I should first clean the area, etc., to which I didn’t agree and insisted on a refund, else I would put a negative feedback and raise a dispute. So he asked me to give a 5 star rating and a good feedback and he would refund the money. Well, I replied that I wasn’t worried about the money but would not accept substandard products, nor would I give false feedback which others would rely on. So I gave him an option: either refund the money and I won’t say anything more, or else I would escalate the issue, including an email to Jack Ma as well.
He promptly replied that he would refund the money and could I please give him my paypal details. So now I’m waiting for the refund.
The amount wasn’t much, just 12.68 USD but I was pissed off not being able to use the 5metres x 40cms of film that I waited so long for, and the fact that he wanted me to give a false feedback. So this is a heads-up to all of us not to rely on the feedbacks that accompany all the products on Aliexpress. This is not to say that all the products are bad, though. I have ordered quite a few items from them and am satisfied for the most part, but finally its ‘caveat emptor’.
Cheers
I think you are referring to the PPF films which are available on Ali. They dont stick well on plastic due to the various interior dressing solutions used over time. You need to give a good clean with IPA and only then they will stick. Even after that, it can be peeled off easily. They are best suited for painted surfaces and flat plastics. On textured plastic they dont work well.

Leaving that apart, I dont think you need to do any dealing directly with the seller. Just raise a dispute and request for refund. You will get your refund directly back to your payment method and the seller need not do it via Paypal. Simple and easy. It also works in case the seller isnt responding. Hence, just raise a dispute and describe your issue clearly.
Old 1st February 2018, 16:26   #5813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I think you are referring to the PPF films which are available on Ali. They dont stick well on plastic due to the various interior dressing solutions used over time. You need to give a good clean with IPA and only then they will stick. Even after that, it can be peeled off easily. They are best suited for painted surfaces and flat plastics. On textured plastic they dont work well.

Leaving that apart, I dont think you need to do any dealing directly with the seller. Just raise a dispute and request for refund. You will get your refund directly back to your payment method and the seller need not do it via Paypal. Simple and easy. It also works in case the seller isnt responding. Hence, just raise a dispute and describe your issue clearly.
Thanks for the input, but I ordered this because this product, as well as all the similar products, showed it being used on the moulded plastic of the doors and scuff areas. Anyway, I've given my paypal account, so if it does not get refunded in a day or two I'll raise a dispute.
I did check that the film stuck well on painted surfaces but I don't need it for that so, too bad for me.
Old 2nd February 2018, 13:05   #5814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
I did check that the film stuck well on painted surfaces but I don't need it for that so, too bad for me.
Have you tried using cling wrap for solving your need based usage? Or try wetting the surface using a water spray, put the film on and then use a hair dryer.
Old 12th February 2018, 23:59   #5815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Have you tried using cling wrap for solving your need based usage? Or try wetting the surface using a water spray, put the film on and then use a hair dryer.
I think for a cling film to work it needs to be wrapped around an object and come into contact with itself, which would not be the case here. Also, I can't think of the hair dryer option since I'm on the 2nd floor. Anyway, the pictures for this item clearly show it being applied easily on the door sill as well as the lower part of the door itself, which was misleading.
Old 23rd February 2018, 19:30   #5816
Senior - BHPian

It feels really odd to be posting something like this.

A new online shopping avenue called www.sarvapooja.com is offering a Final Rites Kit.

The eponymous product is priced at ₹2,950/- and contains 38 items, viz:
Quote:
a stretcher, tripod, white cloth, shawl, mat, garland, two pots, earthen diya, camphor, cotton, wick, incense sticks, vibhuthi (sacred ash), gaumutra (cow urine), perfume, rosewater, Gangajal, honey, rice, rope, white thread, janoi (sacred thread), nada chhadi (holy thread), black sesame, black and white abil powders, kumkum, gulaal, tumeric, sandalwood powder, cow dung, chandan (sandalwood) chips, murmura (rice puffs), matchbox, oti che saman (objects required for a pooja), betel nut and blade.
Although the website is up and running, there is no option to order the items online. One must either call one of the numbers displayed on the site or can go to any of the buying locations in Mumbai, Pune, Thane and surrounding areas to buy the same.

Weird but certainly useful.

The Online Shopping Thread-screenshot_20180223193357297_com.whatsapp.png

News

Last edited by dailydriver : 23rd February 2018 at 19:36.
Old 24th February 2018, 08:23   #5817
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
It feels really odd to be posting something like this.

A new online shopping avenue called www.sarvapooja.com is offering a Final Rites Kit.

The eponymous product is priced at ₹2,950/- and contains 38 items, viz:
Since the delivery is offline, am going to post this slightly off-topic message.

Antim Sanskar - 9870585851. Have used their services many times for deaths in the circle. If someone passes away, just call them and they arrive with an ambulance, stretcher, garlands, all the pooja stuff etc. and will transport the body to the crematorium. They have always arrived on time (sometimes within 1 - 2 hours of calling). Cost is Rs. 5,000 which is better than sarvapooja as it includes the ambulance & their own staff which help out with the formalities & logistics.
Old 25th February 2018, 17:35   #5818
Senior - BHPian

A few of us have ordered this microfiber towel set from Amazon, although at slightly different rates. When searacer932 posted that they are going for just ₹ 599/-, I thought of checking them out.

They were available for that price only as a lightning deal but since all available units were (presumably) claimed, I was asked to join a waiting list.

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20180225_171515.png

Funnily enough, they were available freely to be bought at a regular price of ₹ 603.36/-.

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20180225_171556.png

Had I been looking to buy the towels, would I have waited for the queue to clear or buy them at the regular price? I will let Amazon take a guess .

PS: Currently, they are being sold at ₹ 585.47/-. Add (Subtract rather) the ₹ 50/- cash back for paying via Amazon Pay and one can get 36 MF towels at less than ₹ 15/- per piece.
Old 27th February 2018, 21:07   #5819
Senior - BHPian

Sufferred my fist online shopping setback when a package from aliexpress, apparently travelling fine over international waters, went missing after clearing customs in Kolkata RMS.
Waited till the stipulated time (raised a complaint in the meantime with dept of posts, with answer from the local post office being that they did not receive the package from RMS) and then put in a dispute in Aliexpress.
Got refund from Aliexpress within 24 hrs.
So I would say the blame squarely lies with India post, with Aliexpress doing it's part to ease the pain.
Old 27th February 2018, 22:40   #5820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
So I would say the blame squarely lies with India post, with Aliexpress doing it's part to ease the pain.
You may still get it, I've had packages come pretty late. I have shipped a few times without tracking and gave up hope but still got packages as late as 75 days later.

Most Viewed