Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2018, 09:40   #5881
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
When shopping with AliExpress, it would be safer to give it 30-60 days as long as your purchase protection is active.

If the item has been dispatched, it will be delivered within 60 days. Don't expect tracking to be updated regularly, especially once it reaches Indian customs.
Yes - they almost always deliver before the purchase protection ends, so I am not concerned about the items yet. But this is the first time I am seeing that the tracking is not getting updated - usually, the tracking gets updated at least when the item departs China and when lands here.

On a positive note, I got one of the items delivered yesterday, so even though the tracing is not getting updated, the item was in transit

--Anoop
Old 4th May 2018, 10:09   #5882
BHPian

Does anybody know any body higher up in Flipkart?. These baffons have messed up my account. The customer care is useless. I have wasted countless hours on phone with no avail.
Old 4th May 2018, 11:12   #5883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
Does anybody know any body higher up in Flipkart?. These baffons have messed up my account. The customer care is useless. I have wasted countless hours on phone with no avail.
Unless you are facing several thousand rupees in monetary loss, why bother? Vote with your feet. Go elsewhere.
Old 4th May 2018, 11:53   #5884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Unless you are facing several thousand rupees in monetary loss, why bother? Vote with your feet. Go elsewhere.
I am facing a loss. Thats why. Otherwise i wouldn't have bothered like you said.
Old 4th May 2018, 16:14   #5885
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am facing a loss. Thats why. Otherwise i wouldn't have bothered like you said.
Can you outline the issue here...
Old 4th May 2018, 16:52   #5886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Can you outline the issue here...
I bought a mobile (z2 force) on 13th April. It was delivered on 16th. There is a moto mod offer for Re 1. It showed up in my account under "Reward" few days back.

Now the problem starts. I click on the reward and the product page of moto mod appears. It shows price as Re 1.

Now when i click on buy now, on the next page (Order Summary) the price changes to Rs. 5999(the original price of the product).

Here is the kicker. On the Order summary page under Login my old number appears as logged in.

Initially i thought may be i have logged in from old number nope i am logging with my current number.

After some trial and error i found that i have two accounts with both the old number and the new number. Both numbers are linked. If i change the address in one of them it changes in the other account also.

Orders are also synchronized. The only thing thats not synchronized are :

1) Support Tickets
2) Rewards

Unfortunately i see the rewards in my account with new number. and on payment page flipkart automatically logs me in with my old number account.

Thankfully i have access to the old number. Other wise these buffoons would give access to my account to someone else too.

The customer care is as usual useless( Thats the most mild word i have for them.)

Today i posted this on their face book page with screenshots. Lets see what happens.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-flip1.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-flip2.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-flip3.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-flip4.jpg  

Last edited by ckranjan : 4th May 2018 at 17:06.
Old 4th May 2018, 17:19   #5887
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
But this is the first time I am seeing that the tracking is not getting updated
This is what happened to me. I think it was even shown as flying to India, but everything stopped there.

Contact the seller. They may be helpful. Mine was
Old 4th May 2018, 18:58   #5888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
tracking is not getting updated
All my last 4 to 5 items that came from Aliexpress were never updated on the tracking. I got them all though. But all of those were not that expensive.

The tracking on the dashcam though was spot-on so I think they don't update the tracking on small items.
Old 4th May 2018, 19:10   #5889
Senior - BHPian

The ₹50 cashback in amazon.in for payments made using Amazon Pay had an interesting twist in my case. My order consisted of multiple items, each of which was (individually) eligible for the cashback offer. But the total cashback for a particular account during the offer period being restricted to ₹50, I was curious to see how the offer would be applied. As soon as the items started shipping, the cash back started pouring in bits and pieces - ₹6.09, ₹2.84, ₹5.22 & ₹35.85. Never have I been paid fifty bucks in a stranger or staggered manner; but I am happy I got what was promised .

As an aside, I must admit that but for the new age online shopping avenues, life would have been a bit more complicated. I remember spending the best part of a day bus hopping in Bengaluru to reach a God forsaken place to pick up a set of NCERT books for a friend. The shopkeeper had even forced us to buy a cloth bag to carry them in, at what we felt was nearly extortionist price. Today, those and a lot more reading materials are landing at my doorstep at discounted rates; no postage, free returns and if you are so inclined - a promise of reverse pickup for being sold as used books.
Old 12th May 2018, 16:19   #5890
Senior - BHPian

Ordered for a $50 tpms on aliexpress a few days ago and this is the tracking info I saw today on 17track . Does this mean a customs problem and the item being returned ? I saw an "import clearance failure" message on the aliexpress tracking.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-1image.jpg  

Old 12th May 2018, 16:49   #5891
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Ordered for a $50 tpms on aliexpress a few days ago and this is the tracking info I saw today on 17track . Does this mean a customs problem and the item being returned ? I saw an "import clearance failure" message on the aliexpress tracking.

The items have just left Singapore. There is no chance the product having inserted into a bag on 10/05 in SG can reach Chennai and get cleared from Customs immediately and returned. I guess the mistake is at the Indian end and they have acknowledged the arrival of a different package into your tracking number. From SG it will typically reach Chennai in 4-7 days and then Bangalore in another 4 days.
Old 12th May 2018, 17:08   #5892
Senior - BHPian

Having similar issues with Aliexpress shopping done during the sale period. Got a few items, rest are still at "insert item into bag" for more than a month now!

Shall give it a week before contacting the seller and ask for refund or to extend protection period.
Old 15th May 2018, 10:39   #5893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anybody know any body higher up in Flipkart?
Try this. Works wonders.

'binny@flipkart.com'
Old 23rd May 2018, 12:30   #5894
BHPian

Quote:

Today i posted this on their face book page with screenshots. Lets see what happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Try this. Works wonders.

'binny@flipkart.com'
The reward issue has been resolved. It took some time and threatening but i have got the moto mod now.

The account issue still remains unresolved and its a bug in their account management system.

I dont think i will be ordering anything from flipkart in near future.
Old 23rd May 2018, 12:45   #5895
Senior - BHPian

I think some people are abusing Amazon's return policy heavily. I had ordered a toy, and it came to me in heavily used, horrible condition! I wonder how the packer who saw that used toy didn't think twice before packing.

Thank God the seller was cloudtail, so the return is smooth. But seems people are abusing the easy returns policy, and return things after abusing them within the return period - just like in US.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd May 2018 at 15:53. Reason: Spacing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks