Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2018, 11:47   #5956
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Guys, can I get some suggestions for an online photo printing service please?

Planning to order a few frames from Amazon and get some snaps printed so I can decorate the drawing room wall.

I have dealt with Vistaprint once for some stickers but that's about it. Even they do photo prints but not sure if there are others which offer similar prints for cheap or better quality.

Please let me know! TIA.
I had used Zoomin a couple of years back. They had some really good offers going on so turned out to be quite VFM. Service was also good.

Btw, check with your local photographer too. They will not be too expensive.
Old 29th June 2018, 12:49   #5957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Sir, with all due respect [...] I happen to handle food products for an FMCG company.
Under these circumstances it is I who should backtrack. You obviously have the experience within the industry.

Quote:
I have used Vistaprint and Printstop. Nothing really to choose between the two. Support has been fine, prints have been good etc.
Old 29th June 2018, 12:59   #5958
BHPian

I bought a pair of shoes on Amazon but since I did not like the fit, I returned it. When the return was picked up, the agent just collected the pair and left the shoes box with us only. Is it a common practice? How will these be delivered to the next customer? In a plastic bag?
Old 29th June 2018, 13:19   #5959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I bought a pair of shoes on Amazon but since I did not like the fit, I returned it. When the return was picked up, the agent just collected the pair and left the shoes box with us only. Is it a common practice? How will these be delivered to the next customer? In a plastic bag?

In a new box of course. The box given to you is assumed wasted though you might've kept it intact.
Old 29th June 2018, 13:32   #5960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Never happened to me. They always take back the outside packaging be it a box or some paper. Anyways what matter is you get refund on time
Old 30th June 2018, 23:06   #5961
BHPian

My recent order for a Mi universal remote was charged duty and was delivered when I was abroad. Just checked the package and the reason it caused the customs to probably open it is because the shipping label wrongly describes the content as a mobile phone and valued it at USD 45, while the actual cost was USD 23. I have raised a dispute now with aliexpress. I am not sure how they will handle this.
Old 1st July 2018, 17:58   #5962
Senior - BHPian

I searched for "ATM Card" and "Debit Card" but couldn't find needed thread. Mods, please move this post to relevant thread if required.

I want to use SBI Premium Debit Card of Current Account for doing cardless transactions.i.e. Doing payments on any POS (especially Petrol Pumps) without physical use of card. Is it possible?
Means is it possible to just enter the 16 digit Card Number and Pin and you are done?

The Card has Smart Chip integrated in it.
Old 1st July 2018, 20:48   #5963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Doing payments on any POS (especially Petrol Pumps) without physical use of card. Is it possible?
Means is it possible to just enter the 16 digit Card Number and Pin and you are

Possible, but insecure.

1. For whatever reason if card doe not work, POS operator can fallback to validation via Card Number + Expiry Date +CVV No.
2. If card is enabled for international transactions, operator can leak details and someone can purchase misuse it outside India (RBI rules do not apply in this scenario and PIN is not mandatory).
Old 1st July 2018, 21:13   #5964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I want to use SBI Premium Debit Card of Current Account for doing cardless transactions.i.e. Doing payments on any POS (especially Petrol Pumps) without physical use of card. Is it possible?
Means is it possible to just enter the 16 digit Card Number and Pin and you are done?

Fill your paytm wallet through your SBI Debit Card at your convenience and pay through paytm at Petrol Pump. Most pumps (at other places) accept paytm now. No need to enter even 16 digits at merchant location.
Old 1st July 2018, 21:18   #5965
BHPian

Quote:
I searched for "ATM Card" and "Debit Card" but couldn't find needed thread. Mods, please move this post to relevant thread if required.

I think Samsung pay works.
Old 2nd July 2018, 09:52   #5966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please let me know! TIA.
I have used Vistaprint for printing some photos in poster size.

The prices were very less compared to neighborhood studios, print quality and packing were also good.

Only issue I remember was with the courier partner (Blue Dart) who delayed the shipment by falsely reporting as door locked.

Rohan
Old 2nd July 2018, 13:20   #5967
Senior - BHPian

When paying for a purchase online using credit/debit cards, amazon.in always requires me to save the card details. There isn't any way to bypass this. After paying through a card, I go to the Manage Payment Options menu and delete the details. Today, since I wasn't available to receive a COD package, I requested my colleague to collect the same. He paid for the package by swiping his debit card. Ten minutes later, I receive the following message:

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20180702_130832.jpg

PS: My focus here is on the process of addition of the card to my account and not on amazon's mistake of considering someone else's card as mine . The opt out facility is good though.
Old 2nd July 2018, 14:26   #5968
Senior - BHPian

I ordered a band online, cost USD 90. Shipping charges 23.25 USD - Total 113.25 USD. (approx 8k INR)

Today the delivery person came and said that there is a demand for INR 3500 for customs for this.

Any suggestions on how to handle this ?
Old 2nd July 2018, 15:23   #5969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
I ordered a band online, cost USD 90. Shipping charges 23.25 USD - Total 113.25 USD. (approx 8k INR)

Today the delivery person came and said that there is a demand for INR 3500 for customs for this.

Any suggestions on how to handle this ?
Pay up, what else?

I think the duty is about 35%, so seems like the customs department put a value of 10K for your band. Presumably it shipped without an invoice (otherwise they'd have used the invoice value unless it is way out of whack).
Old 8th July 2018, 16:34   #5970
BHPian

Has anyone used PAYTMall for any perishables, like Whey Protein? I am looking at their site for the first time. They have rather enticing PayTM cash back offers that give almost 30-35% cash back as PayTM money. Works our rather well for few items i usually buy from Amazon. However, none of these products on PAYTMall have return or replacement option so i am a bit hesitant to buy because of getting fake supplements. Does anyone have any prior experience with PAYTM mall?

Most Viewed