Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2018, 11:52   #6016
BHPian

Hi. Any one using Boat Rockerz 400 Bluetooth headphones?

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01J82IYLW/..._WY9ABb1042004

Planning to pick one from Amazon as there's a good deal. Primary use will be to watch television (Netflix, Hotstar) during late night hours.

Budget is strictly limited to INR 1500/- given the limited purpose.

Thank you.
Old 9th August 2018, 13:05   #6017
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
give him your paypal and if you still don't get it then raise a dispute against the order. The aliexpress folks will step in and you can upload proof and maybe this conversation with the seller as well. It has worked out well for me in couple of cases.
My previous refunds had not been thru paypal. I had acutally raised a dispute last week. The negotiation period ends today, after which Aliexpress should step in. Seller offered credit via paypal, but I have currently asked for return via payment method itself. Let me see how it goes.

the amount is small, but this seller has been dilly-dallying. Keeps saying he recieved information about the package - when all tracking systems say that the tracking # has expired.
Old 9th August 2018, 14:25   #6018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post

Planning to pick one from Amazon as there's a good deal. Primary use will be to watch television (Netflix, Hotstar) during late night hours.

Thank you.
I am using them since few months. Primarily for watching movie and you tube videos. Sound quality is quite good and they are Worth the money. One full charge will give you around 7-8 hour of use.
Old 9th August 2018, 20:05   #6019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I am using them since few months. Primarily for watching movie and you tube videos. Sound quality is quite good and they are Worth the money. One full charge will give you around 7-8 hour of use.
Thanks for your post.

Couple of questions, if you don't mind -

1. Some expensive ones are reported to have sound lag when paired with TV or YouTube. Did you experience the same with this model?

2. After a prolonged usage, say 3 to 4 hrs., is there any discomfort felt?

I am planning on ordering 2 sets.

One, for pairing with in-built Bluetooth of non-smart LG LED TV.

2nd, for someone else who commutes daily between Borivali & Vasai in suburban train.

Thanks.
Old 10th August 2018, 10:29   #6020
Distinguished - BHPian

Very impressed with my recent experiences with the Aliexpress Preferred shipping option using Singapore Post. The cost is nominal and the speeds comparable to much more expensive modes.

I ordered on 30 July, it reached Singapore on 3 August, and am expecting it to be delivered today or tomorrow latest in BLR.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-ali.jpg  

Old 10th August 2018, 11:27   #6021
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Very impressed with my recent experiences with the Aliexpress Preferred shipping option using Singapore Post. The cost is nominal and the speeds comparable to much more expensive modes.

I ordered on 30 July, it reached Singapore on 3 August, and am expecting it to be delivered today or tomorrow latest in BLR.
Are you referring to Aliexpress standard shipping or Premium shipping?
Typically Aliexpress standard shipping is done through Singapore post delivers from China to Bangalore in less than 15 days of despatch.

Last edited by audioholic : 10th August 2018 at 11:29.
Old 10th August 2018, 14:04   #6022
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Are you referring to Aliexpress standard shipping or Premium shipping?
Typically Aliexpress standard shipping is done through Singapore post delivers from China to Bangalore in less than 15 days of despatch.
Apologies did not get the exact name right. Its the Standard one which is so much better that that silly China Post airmail etc.
Old 10th August 2018, 14:28   #6023
BHPian

Fellow coffee lovers, just wanted you all to be aware of this Chikmagalur based online coffee delivery website. I love strong black coffee and a chance online search led me to this site. I buy the French blend filter coffee (75 %coffee 25% chicory) for 300/- per kg including delivery. For me the price is almost the same as 60/40 open mix sold in Blr/South India, but with free shipping all over India, plus bonus is directly from a farm in Chikmagalur. Shipping is via registered normal India post.

Link : Website
http://www.pandurangacoffee.com/index.html

Link : For shopping
https://www.instamojo.com/pandurangacoffee/

(I have zero financial incentive for this post or from the company, and am doing it purely as their six month old loyal customer.)

Last edited by ritz3645 : 10th August 2018 at 14:30. Reason: Link update
Old 10th August 2018, 15:54   #6024
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you.
I used one for about 6 months until someone stole it from my desk at office. I didn't feel like buying it again, so I guess I wasn't completely satisfied with it. Sound quality was just ok. The sound was tinny, but the Skullcandy for which I paid 2500 to replace the boat 400 sounds similar.

The boat is not at all comfortable for wearing for a long time. Well, in 15 mins your ears start paining. The earcups are so tight that it crushes your ears. I tried loosening but did not work.

While switching on, off, connecting etc, a loud jarring voice announces it, which is very very irritating. It's too loud. Build quality is very good and it is not very heavy too. The boat logo looks gaudy though.

Still very vfm at 999 rupees. If you don't have much money to spend get it. My advice - don't go for half measures, spend some money and get a pair that you would keep for a longer time.
Old 10th August 2018, 15:58   #6025
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Apologies did not get the exact name right. Its the Standard one which is so much better that that silly China Post airmail etc.
No need to apologize I was just confused about the name since I had seen a few sellers providing the option of 'AliExpress Premium Shipping' along with AE standard. I have always preferred standard but have no experience with Premium. So when you mentioned the timeline I was wondering if it is the premium one since that should be faster than standard.

For a small difference in price, AE Standard offers faster service compared to China post, but AE Premium is expensive and I am not sure what carrier they will use. Maybe it could be Fedex or DHL.
Old 10th August 2018, 16:16   #6026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
But it seems now they need a PIN - which neither of us was aware of. :-) She made a frantic call to me, and I pored over the order page on Amazon to finally locate the PIN. Only after entering the PIN into their app did the delivery person hand over the package. I think this system will help in avoiding such situations at least on high ticket size items.
Yes a PIN is indeed required on higher value items on Amazon. I got two phones delivered last month and both times, the PIN number was sent to my registered phone number. It was a simple process where the delivery agent will ask for this number, match it with their records, and then hand over delivery of the parcel. Safeguard against wrong deliveries.
Old 10th August 2018, 17:04   #6027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2. After a prolonged usage, say 3 to 4 hrs., is there any discomfort felt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
The boat is not at all comfortable for wearing for a long time. Well, in 15 mins your ears start paining. The earcups are so tight that it crushes your ears. I tried loosening but did not work.
+1. Was looking for one, and chanced upon an unused one on OLX. But even that small trial was enough to feel the pressing against the ears.

I suggest ones with a larger pad. At the moment, waiting for a pair from aliexpress. The over-the-ear earphone types that can give about 6-8 hours of play - and with ANC.

Last edited by condor : 10th August 2018 at 17:26.
Old 10th August 2018, 20:06   #6028
BHPian

Quote:
I used one for about 6 months - someone stole -didn't feel like buying it again -Sound quality was just ok. The sound was tinny, but the Skullcandy for which I paid 2500 sounds similar.
There is one I was eyeing from JBL, priced at INR 2700/- Do you have any suggestions on that? If Skullcandy was not to your satsifaction, then JBL may not be any better, from whatever limited information I have on these brands and the devices they make - https://www.amazon.in/JBL-T450BT-Ext...hones+wireless

I can very well order these JBL ones for the 2nd person if the experience has been positive.

Quote:
The boat is not at all comfortable for wearing for a long time. Well, in 15 mins your ears start paining.
Quote:
The earcups are so tight that it crushes your ears. I tried loosening but did not work.
Is it because they are Noise Canceling models? Just a guess.

Quote:
Still very vfm at 999 rupees.
I may go for these for myself, as I am looking for VFM. Additionally, if I dislike the experience, I always have the option of exchanging and going for another product.

Quote:
My advice - don't go for half measures, spend some money and get a pair that you would keep for a longer time.
I would be using these only when family is gone. That is the only time I get to watch TV late in the night. During normal days, it's normal routine, and there are no instances where in family / neighbours would be inconvenienced by the sound.

So, I see myself using these not more than 60 days in a year, and hence, decided to try out BOAT for myself, but yes - your point is taken for the 2nd set (JBL, mentioned above).

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
+1. Was looking for one, and chanced upon an unused one on OLX. But even that small trial was enough to feel the pressing against the ears.
Again, noise cancelation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I suggest ones with a larger pad. At the moment, waiting for a pair from aliexpress. The over-the-ear earphone types that can give about 6-8 hours of play - and with ANC.
Couple of requests -

1) Can you recommend with a larger pad available on Amazon or Flipkart?

2) Can you share details on the product you ordered via Ali Express?

Thanks, both.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 10th August 2018 at 20:08.
Old 10th August 2018, 20:31   #6029
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is it because they are Noise Canceling models? Just a guess.
No, not NC. IMO, the structure itself is like that: not wide enough. NC uses a small mic near the speaker to take in ambient sound and adjust the final output from each speaker to cancel the ambient sound.

So, I see myself using these not more than 60 days in a year, and hence, decided to try out BOAT for myself, but yes - your point is taken for the 2nd set (JBL, mentioned above).
It's not about how may days you use, but when you are wearing them you feel the discomfort. Hence I am not in favor of this one.

Quote:
1) Can you recommend with a larger pad available on Amazon or Flipkart?

2) Can you share details on the product you ordered via Ali Express?
The ones with the larger pad are priced higher than what you were looking at. Personally, after trying those Rockerz, I wasnt sure - so looking at Bluedio T Energy (T = turbine) neckband headphone. The low budget ones can be a hit-or-miss and definitely not as clear as the known brands. I see two on Deal of the day right now - good if it works, no major damage if it doesnt.
Old 10th August 2018, 20:57   #6030
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
There is one I was eyeing from JBL, priced at INR 2700/- Do you have any suggestions on that? If Skullcandy was not to your satsifaction, then JBL may not be any better, from whatever limited information I have on these brands and the devices they make

I have the JBL T450 model, which is exactly same as the one mentioned by you but without Bluetooth connectivity. The sound is decent for the price you pay, I bought it for 1900 from Reliance Digital. Do note that the bass is a bit amplified.

But it won't be comfortable wearing longer than 30 mins as there is some discomfort and pain on the ears. So watching movies with these is not a good option.

Most Viewed