Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2018, 21:14   #6031
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
There is one I was eyeing from JBL, priced at INR 2700/- Do you have any suggestions on that? If Skullcandy was not to your satsifaction, then JBL may not be any better, from whatever limited information I have on these brands and the devices they make

I can very well order these JBL ones for the 2nd person if the experience has been positive.
I've not used the JBL. I did not buy that because it is supposed to be heavy on bass, and the head band did not have padding (my head is bald).

Later in a review I read that Skulcandy is more about style than sound quality.

I mainly use an Audio Technica MSR7 (serious listening), a Senheiser HD 202 (casual listening at home and senheiser cx 180 on travel - all wired. The wireless was for office. Since I listen to my favourite tracks repeatedly, the same track that sound glorious in the AT and acceptable in the Senheisers sound like AM radio in the Boat/Skullcandy. Maybe heard in isolation, it won't be half bad.
Quote:

Is it because they are Noise Canceling models? Just a guess.
Maybe, but it really gets uncomfortable. I remember, I regularly used to keep shifting the earcups.
Quote:

I may go for these for myself, as I am looking for VFM. Additionally, if I dislike the experience, I always have the option of exchanging and going for another product.
Yes, on that perspective, its just a thousand bucks. If you don't like it, you can gift it to somebody.
Quote:

I would be using these only when family is gone. That is the only time I get to watch TV late in the night.
For regular TV, the sound should be just fine. Just not really good for music.
Old 13th August 2018, 10:24   #6032
Distinguished - BHPian

I do not understand why is sorting office of Kolkata post so slow in forwarding the parcel to Bangalore. 5 of my AliExpress order shipped through China post registered mail are stuck there awaiting transferring to Bangalore Sub post office ! All of them are under 25 dollars so no issue of customs duty or such. Is there anyway to escalate this?
Old 13th August 2018, 10:38   #6033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I do not understand why is sorting office of Kolkata post so slow in forwarding the parcel to Bangalore. 5 of my AliExpress order shipped through China post registered mail are stuck there awaiting transferring to Bangalore Sub post office ! All of them are under 25 dollars so no issue of customs duty or such. Is there anyway to escalate this?
You can use pgportal.gov.in to escalate, it works most of the time. But, keep your fingers crossed, as by escalating it shouldn't catch eye of customs.
Old 13th August 2018, 11:04   #6034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The parcels come by train from Kolkata to Bangalore. Hence, you can expect a gap of 5-10 days between the item arriving in Kolkata and it getting scanned at Bangalore Sub FGN post. Even if it would have reached Bangalore, it will be inscanned by FGN post only during clearance time and once they do it, they immediately forward to the GPO or local post office. If it is beyond 10 days then you can escalate it. Else, I would suggest you to wait.
Old 14th August 2018, 19:47   #6035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Flipkart decides to shut down eBay.in. eBay.com decides to start afresh its India operations.
eBay.in ceases to exist in its current form from today. Will its absence be felt?

For me, it had been a trustworthy site that stepped in when/where amazon and Flipkart didn't/couldn't. So, yes. I will miss it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-img_20180814_193835966x1193.jpg  

Old 14th August 2018, 19:53   #6036
BHPian

Quote:
This might sound crazy, I had a parcel stuck at Kolkata for over a month, then I tried unusual route by logging an RTI request to Dept. Of Post seeking reasons for hold up. Very next day it moved to Bangalore office and got delivered. Cost incurred - 10 rupees, worth it only if held up goods is important and urgent.
Old 15th August 2018, 10:38   #6037
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I've stopped China Post shipping only because of this reason. Stick to Aliexpress Standard shipping and it will come through Singapore Post via Chennai. Much faster!
Old 15th August 2018, 10:53   #6038
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
For me, it had been a trustworthy site that stepped in when/where amazon and Flipkart didn't/couldn't.
I was searching for battery of my camera, didn't find on Amaozn/Flipkart/Snapdeal. Searched for it on Google and voila, ebay to rescue. That was one sweet experience.

But I will admit I didn't look at it much since the arrival of Amazon/Flipkart.
Old 15th August 2018, 12:27   #6039
Distinguished - BHPian

I bought stuff like cheap electric clock mechanisms from eBay.
Old 15th August 2018, 13:38   #6040
BHPian

Quote:
eBay.in ceases to exist in its current form from today. Will its absence be felt?

For me, it had been a trustworthy site that stepped in when/where amazon and Flipkart didn't/couldn't. So, yes. I will miss it.
Flipkart is infamous for screwing up whatever it lays its hands on
I always found eBay's purchase protection to be way better than Amazon.in's or Flipkart's.
Old 15th August 2018, 18:12   #6041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I've stopped China Post shipping only because of this reason. Stick to Aliexpress Standard shipping and it will come through Singapore Post via Chennai. Much faster!

I've kind of givenup on Aliexpress the quality has been dicey (a mobile and smart watch had to be returned). Three packages did not reach me.

That said, it wasted my time and energy to followup and return the parcels. However, there was no money lost. Their grievance redressal system really works.
Old 15th August 2018, 20:22   #6042
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
This might sound crazy, I had a parcel stuck at Kolkata for over a month, then I tried unusual route by logging an RTI request to Dept. Of Post seeking reasons for hold up. Very next day it moved to Bangalore office and got delivered. Cost incurred - 10 rupees, worth it only if held up goods is important and urgent.

It's not stuck in kolkata, since those parcels come to bangalore within two days. In the case the destination is bangalore, it's stuck in bangalore to be inspected by customs because of the sheer volume of foreign posts coming via kolkata. So the until the bulk Mail Bag is opened, even though it physically present in bangalore, it won't show up in the public tracking website.

Last edited by aim120 : 15th August 2018 at 20:25.
Old 16th August 2018, 15:17   #6043
Distinguished - BHPian

A seller on Amazon.com (USA) is telling me that the item I want is broken and asking me to cancel the order. I feel that this is wrong, and if they cannot supply, they must inform Amazon.

Perhaps I'm just being awkward here, but am I right?
Old 16th August 2018, 15:59   #6044
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
A seller on Amazon.com (USA) is telling me that the item I want is broken and asking me to cancel the order. I feel that this is wrong, and if they cannot supply, they must inform Amazon.

Perhaps I'm just being awkward here, but am I right?
What do the refund T&C say? Does the seller stand to benefit in some way if it's a customer cancellation instead of seller refusal to service an order?

Either way, you're better off notifying Amazon and let them take care of either getting you your order or money, in full.
Old 16th August 2018, 16:21   #6045
BHPian

ebay's biggest drawback was, it had seller rating and not the product rating. So we never knew the quality of product till it reaches you. So Amazon and Flipkart filled that vacuum, ebay has died the natural death. This is what happens if we don't change.

But we will miss buying some rare item which normally are not sold in other portals.

Last edited by shamanth : 16th August 2018 at 16:25.

Most Viewed