Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2018, 13:17   #6136
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
This is a common issue with amazon now a days. I ordered 2 leather hand bags last month, both arrived without proper packaging (just polythene bag), and bags were damaged. I returned and placed another order and it came without any packaging. Luckily there was no damage second time.

I am an airtel broadband customer, but I do not see amazon prime offer on airtel tv app.
Check the plan if it's eligible and if it is send an email to Airtel tv support and they will add the subscription in Airtel tv app.
Old 29th October 2018, 22:01   #6137
Senior - BHPian

Re: Malpractices in Flipkart's Big Billion sale

Now amazon does a similar thing. They attempted delivery as per the app, didn’t receive any calls from them. I called them thrice to inform them that this is going to happen. I am now loosing faith in online shopping. I hope I don’t have to start a new thread. This watch now costs 30500, it was 26900 when I bought it.

The Online Shopping Thread-677f595e0ac14e95803b06cb759d6fc7.png

Pramod
Old 29th October 2018, 22:14   #6138
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Now amazon does a similar thing. They attempted delivery as per the app, didn’t receive any calls from them....
That ain't a new trick!

I had an urgent package scheduled for delivery today, and it was marked 'Package held due to a payment issue' end of day. No calls, and it was a COD order to be paid in cash so no idea what the 'issue' is. Outright lying with zero accountability, customer service says nothing beyond they'll reattempt it tomorrow.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 29th October 2018 at 22:16.
Old 29th October 2018, 22:19   #6139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
That ain't a new trick!

I had an urgent package scheduled for delivery today, and it was marked 'Package held due to a payment issue' end of day. No calls, and it was a COD order to be paid in cash so no idea what the 'issue' is. Outright lying with zero accountability, customer service says nothing beyond they'll reattempt it tomorrow.
It now says dispatched, which means it’s sent back.

The Online Shopping Thread-c90d472559c54094b488b587c6b33c77.png

I don’t think they might have even shipped it in the first place, nice and fancy way to steal money.

Status before some time, note the status of each article. The above pic shows the status now

The Online Shopping Thread-7bc0a62b2c4b453d97021b46e246745e.png

The Online Shopping Thread-034010479056422ba401302b08705857.png

The Online Shopping Thread-c9390d0bf23f4f98b597849ba10a4c4b.png

The Online Shopping Thread-ecb18600f0624a6d8acb7f5bda126ad9.png

The Online Shopping Thread-1b53340a7cc64f639f22d7d7bcebb707.jpeg

The Online Shopping Thread-ec22fc50c4304ac894bd9f590088923f.png

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 29th October 2018 at 22:22.
Old 30th October 2018, 16:59   #6140
Senior - BHPian

All orders were delivered today

It was surprising that some of it came through Indian Postal service, especially big items. Amazon needs to streamline their transportation and last mile delivery system, all this and multiple calls could have been avoided.

pramod
Old 30th October 2018, 17:34   #6141
BHPian

I ordered a pair of W5W T10 Osram LED bulbs from Amazon few weeks ago.

The order was supposed to be delivered on a Monday before 8pm. Around 7:45pm on that Monday, I get an SMS stating the package has been delivered. Also, the status in Amazon app shows 'Package Delivered. I quickly took the Aramex tracking number and checked the courier partner website to find the same status 'Delivered'.

I immediately called Amazon customer care and told them about this issue. Their reply was simply hilarious and at the same time frustrating "Sir, the courier boys have daily targets for package delivery, so they could have marked your package as delivered. But, they would still have the package with them and deliver it to you on Tuesday"

I told the customer care folks that this is simply unethical on Amazon's part.

Post multiple follow-ups, I finally received the package last week!

Phew!
Old 30th October 2018, 19:23   #6142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
I told the customer care folks that this is simply unethical on Amazon's part.
With mounting losses quality has taken a hike, the 5 billion dollars marked for india marketing is almost over, I had a similar situation, multiple calls ensured I finally got some help and I get a call from the courier guy who was extremely apologetic, I told him if he would have called me before marking the package delivered, I would have had no objections. Each failure is a chance to excel in their customers eyes, these companies simply ingnore this fact.

Looks like major e-commerce providers still see india as a lab. That is the main reason we are constantly getting experimented on. My issue with Flipkart is still open, they are doing a favour on me by refunding my money.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 30th October 2018 at 19:24.
Old 31st October 2018, 14:22   #6143
Team-BHP Support

This famous soap-not-mobile operandi is back!

This has already escalated to the cops since the person for whom the phone was a gift, is a lawyer. I pity the delivery boy though, poor fellow got stuck in the police station for a day.

https://www.gadgetsnow.com/tech-news...w/66439711.cms
Old 31st October 2018, 14:29   #6144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
This has already escalated to the cops since the person for whom the phone was a gift, is a lawyer. I pity the delivery boy though, poor fellow got stuck in the police station for a day.

https://www.gadgetsnow.com/tech-news...w/66439711.cms
From the linked news story:

Quote:
“We have booked [the delivery boy], the regional director of Amazon. [and] directors of the Bengal-based logistics company, have also been booked under sections 420 (cheating), 406 (punishment for criminal breach of trust), 120B (whoever is a party to a criminal conspiracy to commit an offence punishable with death) of the IPC,” he said.
Isn't that bit around 120B a bit excessive? The death penalty?

Quote:
Either way, seems to be a generic section (criminal conspiracy), so covers the whole spectrum.
Yeah, the newspaper just took the first clause of 120B, and not the second one which is what is applicable here!
Quote:
120B. Punishment of criminal conspiracy.—
(1) Whoever is a party to a criminal conspiracy to commit an offence punishable with death, 2[imprisonment for life] or rigorous imprisonment for a term of two years or upwards, shall, where no express provision is made in this Code for the punishment of such a conspiracy, be punished in the same manner as if he had abetted such offence.
(2) Whoever is a party to a criminal conspiracy other than a criminal conspiracy to commit an offence punishable as aforesaid shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term not exceeding six months, or with fine or with both.
Quote:
I once ordered a vacuum cleaner on Amazon and the one that got delivered was clearly used by someone. That person did not even clean it. Could be the vendor itself or a customer who used it and returned it.
Amazon fulfilled? I'm not sure how Amazon handles returns - do they send it back to the seller, and a dishonest seller can just tape it up and send it back as a new item?

Last edited by arunphilip : 31st October 2018 at 14:39.
Old 31st October 2018, 14:33   #6145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Isn't that bit around 120B a bit excessive? The death penalty?
Worth checking when this law was written perhaps. Or rather, the (English) law this section was mooched off of.

Either way, seems to be a generic section (criminal conspiracy), so covers the whole spectrum.

I once ordered a vacuum cleaner on Amazon and the one that got delivered was clearly used by someone. That person did not even clean it. Could be the vendor itself or a customer who used it and returned it.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 31st October 2018 at 14:34.
Old 31st October 2018, 15:43   #6146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I once ordered
A colleague had ordered two t shirts on amazon. While one of them was fine, the other - a yellow coloured piece - had a mark; upon closer (naked eye) inspection, it turned out to be a blood stain .

Of course, no forensic analysis was done to prove/satisfy ourselves that it was indeed a bloodstain. He simply returned it. Someone else will perhaps taste the blood through amazon!

Last edited by dailydriver : 31st October 2018 at 15:46.
Old 1st November 2018, 09:08   #6147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
they are glorified courier services...
That’s a fresh perspective for a change.

A lot of online shoppers - men in particular - would have never shopped in brick and mortar shops for items that they so willingly buy off the net. Online shopping offers avenues of research, comparison, feedback, review and purchase that no physical store can ever offer. More than the ‘trinity’ that you referred to, it is the presence of endless choice and user experiences that has tilted our loyalty in favour of the ‘courier services’. Also, the absence of personal, often unpleasant interaction with patronising salespeople is a big draw. Online shops don’t judge their customers - at least to their face. Try asking for an adult shirt in ‘XS’ or ‘XXL’ at any retail shop and you will understand what I am trying to say. As for the purchase of high ticket items, there is always an element of risk attached - both off and online. Previously, when shops were actually shops and not part of chains (Pai, Girias, UniverCell, Poorvika, Big Bazaar etc), purchasing from them made sense. No longer.

Specially in small towns and cities, purchase options are way too limited and most often expensive. Online sales are a boon for us. All it takes to determine the fit/comfort are a few low value purchases. Once you are sure of that, you are spoilt for choice.

In conclusion, may I request you to come out of the non-online shell and give the karts / zones / deals a chance to impress you.

Last edited by dailydriver : 1st November 2018 at 09:10.
Old 5th November 2018, 14:19   #6148
BHPian

Bad experience: Amazon sells faulty phone once and refurbished phone as new phone next!

Guys,

Just wanted to bring to your notice my recent experiences with Amazon India in the last few months.

Bought a LG V30 during the Independence day sale, and I was delivered a faulty phone with severe color shifting issues and severe heating issues. Returned the phone after a lot of hassle and got a refund, some of it as amazon pay balance.

Last week bought a Galaxy s9 during the recent sale, and I was delivered a phone which had its box seal broken and repasted again. The phone too had a lot of hard buff marks on top of the screen film. This is for a product costing Rs. 41,000.

Right now I'm traveling and not sure what to do with the phone, the phone is excellent otherwise.

After seeing Pramod's Flipkart experience and now this continous bad experiences with high priced items, I think I'm done with online shopping once and for all, except maybe for small priced products.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 5th November 2018 at 14:30.
Old 5th November 2018, 20:30   #6149
BANNED

Is there any alternative to ebay.in for non-electronic, small time stuff. I mean a lot of people used to sell home made stuff, even eatables on ebay. Is there any other site for this now.
Old 5th November 2018, 21:48   #6150
BHPian

The Online Shopping Thread

Guys beware of Flipkart mobile exchange offer. I had ordered a Poco F1 and they had an exchange offer of Rs 3500/ for my OnePlus one. On arrival of the new mobile,this sales guy sends a few pics of my OnePlus . And let me tell you,my mobile is in good condition. But apparently the person at the other end says,there are scratches and not to take the OnePlus as exchange. If they are willing to pay Rs 3500/,you may give them the new mobile. And I had to shell out that money. So there is no exchange,it is just a gimmick. I tried calling that person ,and he never answeres !

Last edited by Rameshdude : 5th November 2018 at 21:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks