Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2019, 11:59   #6406
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post
Is there anything that needs to be done from my end to get the consignment moving from Chennai?
I was facing a similar delay, with my package not moving after reaching Chennai on 29th July. However, today it is showing as out for delivery. I hope you have also received your dash cam.
Old 20th August 2019, 15:05   #6407
Senior - BHPian

Couple of days back, ordered a pair of carbon brushes for washing machine from Banggood. This is the first time I have ordered something online beyond our country's borders.
Went for the India Mail option.
Lets hope it does not get stuck anywhere.
Old 20th August 2019, 15:38   #6408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Couple of days back, ordered a pair of carbon brushes for washing machine from Banggood.
I received my first order via courier from Banggood yesterday. Considering the customs issues with aliexpress, they seem to be a viable alternative.
Old 21st August 2019, 16:51   #6409
Senior - BHPian

During the recent Flipkart sale, I had ordered a new laptop as the price (47k marked, 33k after discount & exchange) appeared particularly good after exchange of my current laptop (14k discount).

During delivery, the delivery person put my current laptop under such scrutiny, that would put jewelers looking out for fake gems to shame. After nearly 15 mins of scrutiny, he declared that he cannot accept the current laptop, as there is slight discoloration on the speaker grills (between the screen and keypad), and one of the keys in the keypad is jittery (the delete key, which is functional nonetheless).
He mentioned that I can take the delivery of the new laptop by paying the 14k balance, which I refused.

My question is does flipkart expect us to turn in brand new laptops under the exchange scheme? A 9 yr old used laptop is bound to have some signs of usage, and there was no bar on how old the laptop can be.
I now think these exchange offers are all eyewash and are just bait & switch schemes.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 2nd September 2019 at 00:18. Reason: minor typo
Old 21st August 2019, 20:44   #6410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
My question is does flipkart expect us to turn in brand new laptops under the exchange scheme? A 9 yr old used laptop is bound to have some signs of usage, and there was no bar on how old the laptop can be.
I now think this exchange offers are all eyewash and are just bait & switch schemes.
The exchange carried out by flipkart is more of a scam because they want a perfect device in brand new condition so they can sell on their 2gud refurbished website but you should try on cashify, you will get a far better deal from them even after you mention the wear and tear on the device.
Exchange policy of Amazon is far better than flipkart.

BTW when flipkart had just started exchange scheme I had exchanged few phones which were in rough condition but they were working.
Old 22nd August 2019, 10:33   #6411
BHPian

I ordered Brown Scapulars from Brownscapular.net in the month of May by paying USD 31.50 So far there is no delivery and all my mails to their site have not been answered. I never thought a religious site would be a bogus one. I paid through Credit card. What are my options to complain ?
Old 22nd August 2019, 11:12   #6412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I never thought a religious site would be a bogus one.
Well, religion is the largest and the longest ongoing fraud in this world.
Old 22nd August 2019, 17:45   #6413

Quote:
I ordered Brown Scapulars from Brownscapular.net in the month of May by paying USD 31.50 So far there is no delivery and all my mails to their site have not been answered. I never thought a religious site would be a bogus one. I paid through Credit card. What are my options to complain ?
Good job on using that credit card.

Now, ask your credit card issuing credit card bank to stop this payment. There will be a Customer Dispute Form that you will need to fill up and then they will take care of this. Do not worry.
Old 22nd August 2019, 19:55   #6414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Exchange policy of Amazon is far better than flipkart.
Amazon too has started that kind of scrutiny, and to top it off, they also separately charge a 100 rupees for the check to be carried out.
I had a fully functioning 1.5 year old Mi A1 to exchange with the Mi A2, with just the power button functioning, but not working in one particular angle.
The phone was rejected for exchange. I am fine with that too, but the way he was evaluating the phone was very rough. Mi A1 is a metal body phone and he was pressing real hard on the back of the phone for whatever thing that he wanted to check. My father had to ultimately shout at him on the way he was handling it (since I was in office).

So yes, exchange at even amazon is turning out to be heading the Flipkart way.
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:17   #6415
Senior - BHPian

Shipments worth a few hundred crores struck at various custom offices, reports today's Times of India.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-img_20190823_1411072250x1143.jpg  

Old 30th August 2019, 23:43   #6416
BHPian

I had ordered a pair of sunglasses from Ali Express and they had been in India since 7th August but was stuck in customs at the Kolkata Post office.

I finally received the package today and they had levied a customs duty of Rs.1,362/- on an item worth $20? It just doesn’t make sense. I refused to accept the package and now I plan to approach the Delhi Customs Office with a letter. I would’ve paid the duty if it were 500-600, but how can there be 100% duty on sunglasses? This is just tax terrorism.

Has anyone been in a similar situation before? Or how can I effectively resolve this issue? Further, what office should I visit for the reassessment?
Old 30th August 2019, 23:47   #6417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
I had ordered a pair of sunglasses from Ali Express and they had been in India since 7th August but was stuck in customs at the Kolkata Post office.

I finally received the package today and they had levied a customs duty of Rs.1,362/- on an item worth $20? It just doesn’t make sense. I refused to accept the package and now I plan to approach the Delhi Customs Office with a letter. I would’ve paid the duty if it were 500-600, but how can there be 100% duty on sunglasses? This is just tax terrorism.

Has anyone been in a similar situation before? Or how can I effectively resolve this issue? Further, what office should I visit for the reassessment?
What was the declared value on the package? was it nominal like $2-3? was it marked as a gift? If so, the tax may include fine for undervaluing an import.
Old 6th September 2019, 12:58   #6418
BHPian

Urgent Help Required. Please see my quote below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Please Help. This is the first time I'm ordering from Aliexpress. Order date was 29.08.2019, Item : VIOFO Dash Cam.

I've received following SMS, The link given is not a secure site. Should I upload the documents as mentioned here? They say have to communicate within 24hrs. The docket number they've mentioned does not match with the docket number shown at Aliexpress site, also the courier there is shown as EMS.

"Dear ******,
Your parcel with docket number: *****883 for (car camera_1) is expected to arrive. Since this is coming from outside India, as per Govt. regulations, we request you to furnish your KYC. To submit your KYC, click on the link http://gakyc.in/
ID PROOF, ADDRESS PROOF: AADHAR CARD (Front & back), VOTER ID (Front & back ), PAN CARD, PASSPORT
Note:- If KYC documents are not shared within 24 hrs then the shipment will be held in customs. Also. please note that it's a DDP shipment no extra duty and charges involved here. For further queries please reach us on kyc@gaticn.com"
Old 6th September 2019, 18:09   #6419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
Good job on using that credit card.

Now, ask your credit card issuing credit card bank to stop this payment. There will be a Customer Dispute Form that you will need to fill up and then they will take care of this. Do not worry.
For some odd reason, I didn't get an alert for this message. I visited this page only now. Sorry about that. After so many months, how can I raise a dispute now ? The credit card company would have paid and now my only recourse is to complain to BBB. Any clues ?
Old 6th September 2019, 19:20   #6420

Quote:
Any clues ?
Hmm, I would say no harm in trying. Even if they paid they have the means (authority? systems?) in place to get the payment back. It is a simple process with not much hassle. Give it a shot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks