Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2019, 17:36   #6421
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

I was searching Braun Clean & Renew catridges for my shaver and all the options on amazon.in were expensive. I have see the price in amazon fluctuating between ~700-3500 and last week it was closer to the higher number. A quick google search led me to another site nykaa.com which was selling the catridges for Rs.763. They had COD option, so I placed the order. The product was shipped immediately and reached me in a couple of days.

PS: Nykaa is an online cosmetics store based out of Mumbai. My initial experience was positive, so thought of sharing. I don't have any commercial interests with the business.
Old 7th September 2019, 18:02   #6422
Distinguished - BHPian

A couple of my things from Ali were sent back by the post office to DIMC because the local post guys were having a tiff with the society guards and refused to come by and deliver.
Does anyone have any clue how to get the shipments now?
Old 7th September 2019, 20:00   #6423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
A couple of my things from Ali were sent back by the post office to DIMC because the local post guys were having a tiff with the society guards and refused to come by and deliver.
Your society is playing with fire; postmen are government servants with exclusive right to deliver a bunch of important documents and papers, and interfering in their duty can invite action under several different laws. All it takes is for one notice under say, the Transfer of Property Act to be undelivered because of this "tiff" for stuff to hit the fan.
Old 7th September 2019, 21:06   #6424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Your society is playing with fire; postmen are government servants with exclusive right to deliver a bunch of important documents and papers, and interfering in their duty can invite action under several different laws. All it takes is for one notice under say, the Transfer of Property Act to be undelivered because of this "tiff" for stuff to hit the fan.
That's understandable and warranted.
However I'm still stuck with goods that have been returned to DIMC.
Old 8th September 2019, 16:27   #6425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
PS: Nykaa is an online cosmetics store based out of Mumbai. My initial experience was positive, so thought of sharing. ... ... ...
Thanks! My electric toothbrush has just died, and was able to get a model that suits me better than what is available on Amazon from this Nykaa. Ordered it late yesterday evening.
Old 8th September 2019, 20:37   #6426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
Hmm, I would say no harm in trying. Even if they paid they have the means (authority? systems?) in place to get the payment back. It is a simple process with not much hassle. Give it a shot.
Thanks again 5hadow. I had a long chat with my credit company's help line. They are not helpful. I will try my luck again with their higher ups before I give up.
Old 8th September 2019, 21:04   #6427
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
I was searching Braun Clean & Renew catridges for my shaver and all the options on amazon.in were expensive.
Though its good you are using those cartridges, I have 3 of those Braun shavers, series 7 & 9, have been washing with dettol, etc. Does the job properly.
Old 8th September 2019, 21:19   #6428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I will try my luck again with their higher ups before I give up.
Well, I had a similar unfortunate incident about three years back and I used an ICICI card. The amount was not much (under 1k) but I was plenty annoyed with the seller for their audacity to openly loot which pushed me to find all means to recover my money and shame them.

This seller was based in Chennai which meant I could not confront them physically. After a couple of calls to their customer service without resolution, they started disconnecting my calls.

Nobody knew what to do, even spoke to a lawyer acquaintance who asked to drop the idea as the expenses and hassle will be too much.

Then a gentleman, right here on t-bhp helped me out. The process was simple:

1. Contact the payment gateway. Explain. They should know that a merchant associated with them is a cheat.
2. Contact the credit card provider. Explain.

In my case, the credit card provider helped me. I even got a call from some higher-up of the seller very politely asking me to take back my complaint and offering full compensation and the product. Obviously, I gave him an earful and never withdrew my complaint. I got my money back in a month or so after registering my complaint.

TL;DR - Keep at it.
Old 9th September 2019, 09:30   #6429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
Well, I had a similar unfortunate incident about three years back and I used an ICICI card.

In my case, the credit card provider helped me. I even got a call from some higher-up of the seller very politely asking me to take back my complaint and offering full compensation and the product. Obviously, I gave him an earful and never withdrew my complaint. I got my money back in a month or so after registering my complaint.

TL;DR - Keep at it.
Thank you so much. All right. I won't give up and pursue this to its logical conclusion. Thanks again
Old 9th September 2019, 23:49   #6430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Though its good you are using those cartridges, I have 3 of those Braun shavers, series 7 & 9, have been washing with dettol, etc. Does the job properly.
Thanks for the tip. Using dettol never crossed my mind.
Old 17th September 2019, 02:12   #6431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was searching Braun Clean & Renew catridges for my shaver and all the options on amazon.in were expensive. I have see the price in amazon fluctuating between ~700-3500 and last week it was closer to the higher number. A quick google search led me to another site nykaa.com which was selling the catridges for Rs.763. They had COD option, so I placed the order. The product was shipped immediately and reached me in a couple of days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Thanks! My electric toothbrush has just died, and was able to get a model that suits me better than what is available on Amazon from this Nykaa. Ordered it late yesterday evening.
I ordered the Oral-B toothbrush at Rs.3,800. When it arrived, I found that there was a label with that MRP, and another one showing a reduced MRP of Rs.3,199.

I dashed off and email to the effect that, yes, I had agreed to buy at 3,800, but an MRP is an MRP is an MRP, and that, as a matter of law, they should not sell above that.

They replied to the effect, sorry, and refunded the Rs601.

I suppose I'm happy. I got the toothbrush I wanted (It's an old model, but maches what I had before and will fit travel box I got before) and a surprise "discount." But they are still advertising the item at the same unreduced price.
Old 24th September 2019, 11:48   #6432
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Just a heads up - BigBasket has increased it's free delivery from minimum 1000 to 1200. Realized it only after I finished ordering and got hit with a delivery charge
Old 24th September 2019, 13:28   #6433
Senior - BHPian

Anyone dealt with an online company called 'Asuskart.com'?
If yes, please share your experience.
Old 24th September 2019, 16:37   #6434
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Has anyone purchased meat/fish from https://www.freshtohome.com/ - what's your feedback?
Old 24th September 2019, 16:50   #6435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Has anyone purchased meat/fish from https://www.freshtohome.com/ - what's your feedback?
I regulalry use it here in Bangalore, more for the convenience of it rather than for anything else.

So far so good. No complaints.

Most Viewed