Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2020, 20:15   #31
BHPian

Re: Pulse Oximeter recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Slightly

Earlier this year, my father bought a Honor 5 band which has SpO2 monitoring feature
The heart-rate monitor on the band is pretty
I too bought a Honor band 5 last week for around Rs 2099 and the much needed SpO2 function was activated after a firmware update. Not sure if it's showing accurate reading but something is better than nothing.
Attached Thumbnails
Pulse Oximeter recommendations?-img20200705200932.jpg  

vijith is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 07:33   #32
BHPian

Dear Sir,
It was purchased through Amazon only.
Ordered somewhere in the last week of June and the item reached us by the end of first week in July.
Thanks.
Old 6th July 2020, 07:51   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuniswami View Post
Dear Sir,
It was purchased through Amazon only.
Ordered somewhere in the last week of June and the item reached us by the end of first week in July.
Thanks.
Dear sir,
A correction... that is, the order was placed on 23rd June and the item reached us on 30th June. The item was available in the Amazon site on the date of ordering.
Thanks.
Old 6th July 2020, 11:18   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
I am a Urologist, and from my observation and experience, I want to advise all of you who are using this device to make sure the red light inside the clip flashes against your nail rather than your finger pulp on the other side.

Countless paramedical and medical staff make this error in the wards, giving me inaccurate results of the person's/patient's vitals.
Thanks for a very useful tip - but what's the logic ?
Old 6th July 2020, 14:30   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100BHP View Post
I'm afraid I do not remember the science behind it, but clearly remember this solid instruction when we're were demonstrated it many years ago in medical school.

It should also be noted that the dominant hand's middle finger, followed by the thumb are the two most accurate digits to record the readings.

And, nail polish, mehndi, nail bed disease like an abscess or blood clots etc have the potential to falsify the readings.
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 16:12   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100BHP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
I'm afraid I do not remember the science behind it, but clearly remember this solid instruction when we're were demonstrated it many years ago in medical school.
I was unable to find anything about the correct orientation of the finger in the instruction manual of my Choicemmed MD 300. I am guessing there is enough processing power in modern oximeters to compensate for orientation related differences in sensing. I took a few readings each, inserting my finger the usual way and then the other way. All readings were exactly the same with my finger in either orientation. I can claim this only in the case of the Choicemmed MD 300 pulse oximeter, and I am not sure if it applies to all portable oximeters.
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 16:27   #37

The oximeter I bought from my parents was Beurer P030 for Rs 3799,a made in Germany product came with 2 years warranty ,it was sold out on amazon , managed to find the last few on Paytm mall. Bought over the other Chinese ones available as it would be accurate and reliable
This particular model not available but higher model P080 is available on Amazon and Flipkart but pricy at Rs 9999

Disclaimer : I am not affiliated with Beurer or Paytm in anyway
Tomthumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 19:26   #38
Senior - BHPian

The Oximeter in the Samsung S8 works well. My family is healthy at 99%. Use it and lets reduce the demand for these products (a Rs 999 product (in Nov) is being sold at a usurious Rs 4800, just not done).
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 20:49   #39
BHPian

I have ordered ABM(Acer BioMedicals)Pulseoximeter yesterday through a dealer in Crawford market. It will be delivered in few days. Got it based on friends recommendation who is using it. The company is Indian, dont know about the product is made in India or Imported. It has a one year warranty. The company makes various hospital equipments as per the website, and the guy who is selling claims the company equipments are used in many hospitals, though no source to verify that claim. Will update with images once I receive the product.
MRP: 3900INR
Buying price: 1300INR.
PS: Not affiliated to the company in anyway.
ynike99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 22:20   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
I was unable to find anything about the correct orientation of the finger in the instruction manual of my Choicemmed MD 300. I am guessing there is enough processing power in modern oximeters to compensate for orientation related differences in sensing. I took a few readings each, inserting my finger the usual way and then the other way. All readings were exactly the same with my finger in either orientation. I can claim this only in the case of the Choicemmed MD 300 pulse oximeter, and I am not sure if it applies to all portable oximeters.
I can confirm the same for my device.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 09:53   #41
BHPian

I ordered a Meditive brand oximeter through Amazon.in for my parents. States in the product description that it is FDA approved and MADE IN INDIA per the comment section. Seems to have customizable alarms and claims to be the only one that can read and display up to 100% for SpO2 value.
Old 7th July 2020, 22:27   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

For emergency and cases where Oximeter isn't around, this app also works great if your phone has a Heart Rate Monitor sensor:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...meter&hl=en_IN

I've verified its readings against a normal oximeter.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: Have also ordered Dr. Trust Oximeter(Rs. 4400) as per recommendations here.
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 17:54   #43
BHPian

I have bought the MEDTECH Fingertip Pulse Oximeter OG03 from Amazon for Rs 1850/- a week ago.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The results are so far accurate and product quality is good. But reviews are not great on Amazon. caveat emptor.

Last edited by RaceHorse : 9th July 2020 at 17:57.
Old 12th July 2020, 20:35   #44
Senior - BHPian

A surge of cases in my Sister's building meant a call for a reliable Oximeter. I suggested this very model, and she ordered it online, paying Rs 4,750 (Blue colour). How's this device performing? She has an iPhone and not Samsung, else she could have taken a reading using the Oximeter app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Got the Dr. Trust oximeter in 1 day flat. Initial impressions are of sturdy quality and robustness. Should last well beyond these accursed times
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 20:42   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I suggested this very model, and she ordered it online, paying Rs 4,750 (Blue colour). How's this device performing?
Flawlessly so far. Robust metallic build quality, already been dropped once. Possibly heavier than the more plastic models, so need to be careful while measuring.

Only peeve is that some rubberized protection would have been useful to protect it.

Overall, highly recommended.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks