Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2021, 12:34   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice

It’s really frustrating now, with the limits. Thanks Vaibzi, I’ll try this and see if it indeed works.

Ever since the height limit came in, my flying enthusiasm has dropped drastically. Now, all hopes in this workaround.
Old 10th January 2021, 14:34   #137
BHPian

I finally bought the DJI Tello Combo in August 2020. The still photo quality is good but the video quality is only acceptable. The range is quite limited and the drone stability is an issue, it does not inspire a lot of confidence. I plan to get a USB powered Wifi Range extender and a third party app to increase the range and height.

Now I understand why there is such a price difference between the Tello and Mavic Mini. However, for just 11k, the Tello is value for money for people like me who are just experimenting with drones and aerial photography.

After learning how to use the drone and understanding the basic flight controls I used it during an outing to Burudih Dam, Ghatsila.
Some still shots below.
The village kids were quite amused by the drone
The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice-20200906145531.jpg
My highway cruiser amidst the Burudih backdrop
The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice-20200906145552.jpg
ashish2135 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 19:13   #138
BHPian

I was contemplating buying DJI Tello knowing all its limitations. But then on my recent trip to Goa I saw a couple using DJI Mavic Air and I was floored seeing its stability in strong sea breeze along with the video and still capability. Now DJI Mavic Air 2 is also available but I am yet to see it retail on Amazon. I would say spending 25k extra on Mavic Air is definitely worth it. Tello is more like a toy and I am sure photography enthusiasts would outgrow it soon due to sub par video/still capability.

If you are remotely interested in acquiring a drone anytime soon and looking at Tello as a starting option I would highly recommend upgrading your purchase to Mavic Air/Air 2.
Maverick Avi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 19:20   #139
Senior - BHPian

The DJI Mavic’s are retailing at astronomical prices these days. The Mini Combo is almost at a Lakh in Amazon. Not sure what’s causing such a steep increase in prices these days.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 07:14   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
It’s really frustrating now, with the limits. Thanks Vaibzi, I’ll try this and see if it indeed works.

Ever since the height limit came in, my flying enthusiasm has dropped drastically. Now, all hopes in this workaround.
This works.
I will post a few pictures taken last week for you guys to believe. The workaround is quite easily available on the internet.
Pardon me for the boring pictures, I just got hold of my mini 2 just last week, and I will be taking nice pictures soon and share here, this was from the first high flight.
Attached Thumbnails
The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice-85b36a66624e4c6ebf786a89c0e519d9.png  

The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice-73ab975090ea48f5b76bf07056329997.png  

The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice-6387afeb0e074eb68bfceaf3a0b3cb9a.png  

arpanjha is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 12:10   #141
BHPian

Some pictures I took this morning
Attached Thumbnails
The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice-7802de8e0fb6495d945768217441c3d9.jpeg  

The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice-97895c4837704df2b37dadb8d8f206e7.jpeg  

The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice-d16a2a0f9f98441ea1a22a5386bf982d.jpeg  

arpanjha is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 13:16   #142
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Some pictures I took this morning
Those are some really great pictures. May I know what is the place?

Edit: Found it. Vivekanand Setu. https://www.google.com/maps/@22.6525.../data=!3m1!1e3

Last edited by ottocycle : 9th May 2021 at 13:18.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 15:25   #143
BHPian

Here is a small video compilation I made from this morning. Hope fellow Bhpians like.
arpanjha is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 13:27   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
This works.
I will post a few pictures taken last week for you guys to believe. The workaround is quite easily available on the internet.
Pardon me for the boring pictures, I just got hold of my mini 2 just last week, and I will be taking nice pictures soon and share here, this was from the first high flight.
From where did you get it in India? I am finding it hard to find it in retail. And what is the cost?
Maverick Avi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 23:10   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
From where did you get it in India? I am finding it hard to find it in retail. And what is the cost?
I got it through a friend. I have confirmed sources who have got it from S. K. Electronics in Mumbai and M. M. Photography stores in Kolkata. Should cost you around 52-60k for the fly more combo. For details you can PM me.
arpanjha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 20:21   #146
AZT
BHPian

Good article I came across today.

Over-regulation has clipped the wings of drones in India
Quote:
Most of us think of drones in a purely recreational context. We see them as user-friendly gadgets with which amateurs can shoot Spielberg-esque aerial footage and which can be raced over dizzyingly-challenging courses using first-person-view headsets. But drones have a utility far beyond the recreational.
Read more - https://www.livemint.com/opinion/col...772152040.html - Paywall
https://newzhawker.in/index.php/2021...indian-drones/ - Free
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 21:47   #147
BHPian

I've always wanted to record birds eye view of our beautiful landscapes and surroundings in the country. The idea of buying a drone and learning to capture cinematic shots has been bugging me for long. But I was never in a situation to buy one of my own. Now with the pandemic around, and a little too much time to think, I kind of decided to buy an entry level drone. The first option which came into my mind was the obvious DJI Mini 2. My plan is to get it from Dubai and bring it through my relatives as it is way cheaper. I had several questions relating to import of drones, carrying them on flight, customs etc. but all these are secondary concerns at the moment.

My major concern is the height which it can fly. I'm sure most of you would be aware of the 15m altitude limit for nano drones in India. This is a bummer and it makes no sense to buy the Mini 2 if it does not let you go any higher. Are there any workarounds for this? I did find some methods on YouTube but it seemed cumbersome and was only a temporary solution.

Bhp'ians, would love to get your opinions on this.
Old 10th August 2021, 20:37   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Any feedback/views on this site www.xboom.in for availing DJI Mavic Mini 2 drones?

Mavic Mini 1 fly more combo: 59k
Mavic Mini 2 fly more combo: 69k

They are offering multiple payment options including cash on delivery. Bangalore (and Delhi offices) based so might actually work out. Will try giving them a call tomorrow, but any feedback is appreciated.
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 22:42   #149
BHPian

I shot a few videos today around the eastern fringes of the city of joy Kolkata, complied them on the iMovie app. Proper full HD content. The quality is appreciable when watched on an HD TV or similar. Hope you all like.
It was all shot at the government restricted 15M height.
arpanjha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 22:33   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Any feedback/views on this site www.xboom.in for availing DJI Mavic Mini 2 drones?

Mavic Mini 1 fly more combo: 59k
Mavic Mini 2 fly more combo: 69k

They are offering multiple payment options including cash on delivery. Bangalore (and Delhi offices) based so might actually work out. Will try giving them a call tomorrow, but any feedback is appreciated.
Any update Ninja? Finally when are you getting yours?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks