Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2023, 07:09   #271
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice

I only realised today that I hadn't shared my first drone video on this thread. Thanks to those who encouraged and guided me on this thread.

benbsb29 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 18:00   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Had a blast shooting some beach side clips from my Mavic Mini.
Amazing location, almost thought its out of India Mini doesn't have forward sensors so auto tracking is disabled by default. However 3rd party apps like Rainbow support that on any drone at your own risk, didn't try it personally though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I only realised today that I hadn't shared my first drone video on this thread. Thanks to those who encouraged and guided me on this thread.
Great footage
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 17:53   #273
BHPian

One more of my video compilation made at Netherlands last year with my Mavic Mini 2. I was at Rotterdam for a day, and I did not want to miss the view from above, although it was very windy, cold, chilly & drizzly. At one point you can even see the footage shaking, I tried to control and minimize, but still early days. Hope you all like and keep encouraging me for more.

arpanjha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 00:02   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Breached the 200m Barrier today and flew close to 1000ft ie little more than 300m Can't appreciate the mavic mini any better. Thinking of upgrading to a Mavic Mini 3 if I can get a good price for the Mini. I would like to explore more places and make use of the collision avoidance the drone offers.

A picture at 1000ft height from today's shoot:
The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice-fd48220a29e6475394585e070c4af721.jpeg
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 18:37   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Breached the 200m Barrier today and flew close to 1000ft ie little more than 300m Can't appreciate the mavic mini any better. Thinking of upgrading to a Mavic Mini 3 if I can get a good price for the Mini. I would like to explore more places and make use of the collision avoidance the drone offers.

A picture at 1000ft height from today's shoot:
Attachment 2433132
Meanwhile I am doing 500M from my 2nd outdoor flight itself, thanks to rainbow Unfortunately with the latest app & firmware update, I need to retry the hack multiple times before it takes affect. Mini 3 Pro has collision avoidance while Mini 3 doesn't. Also avoid getting Mini 3 as of now as altitude hack is not implemented properly yet and the only way to do so is by connecting it to PC every single time before flight.

Samfromindia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 17:28   #276
BHPian

Trying to remove the 15M ceiling with the Rainbow App but for some reason it does not recognize my drone =(

Any solutions?
I've just updated the firmware and apparently the new updates don't allow the old hacks?
Old 9th April 2023, 23:27   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk24 View Post
Trying to remove the 15M ceiling with the Rainbow App but for some reason it does not recognize my drone =(

Any solutions?
I've just updated the firmware and apparently the new updates don't allow the old hacks?
Is it so? Is the Rainbow app not working at all? If so I'll ensure not to update the firmware, it's been a while I took out my drone.

I usually use Rainbow app to bypass the 15M limit and then again move back to DJI app. I find DJI app more user friendly.
Old 20th April 2023, 11:18   #278
BHPian

I got the 120m limit removed from my Mini 3 Pro. No firmware update and not using any 3 party apps or hacks. Just follow the below steps. Do note I did it with Smart RC with the latest DJI firmware updations.

1. Flew it for some time to get Home point locked.
2. Landed it. Went to the first page, "Safety page".
3. Switched off the drone.
4.Now Smart RC shows Max altitude as 15m ( try scrolling up/down the page), when the drone got disconnected from RC.
5. Set the Max altitude to 500m. A prompt comes up, Agree or not Agree. Selected Agree. But Max Altitude reverts back to 120m.
6. Repeat the above steps(4 & 5) two to three times but the Max altitude revets back to 120m each time.
7. Switched on the drone, it automatically connects to RC.
8. Now tried changing the Max Altitude parameters to 500m. Now it worked. I also kept Max distance as No limit.

I would like to thank this YouTuber (@Everything Cracked) for helping me out. He was pretty helpful in the comment section, answering all my questions. His method did not work for me per se, but with slight tweaking, the end result was 500m limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Meanwhile I am doing 500M from my 2nd outdoor flight itself, thanks to rainbow Unfortunately with the latest app & firmware update, I need to retry the hack multiple times before it takes affect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk24 View Post

Any solutions?

Last edited by Vasuki : 20th April 2023 at 11:22.
Vasuki is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 11:49   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
I got the 120m limit removed from my Mini 3 Pro. No firmware update and not using any 3 party apps or hacks. Just follow the below steps. Do note I did it with Smart RC with the latest DJI firmware updations.

His method did not work for me per se, but with slight tweaking, the end result was 500m limit.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=f3YCUKZ7blI&t=191s
Check out the below videos for permanent hack to 120m height limit. Appears to be working fine for Mini 3 PRO with DJI RC.

Last edited by Amyth Prabhakar : 21st April 2023 at 11:51.
Amyth Prabhakar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 20:01   #280
BHPian

A big firmware update from DJI for Mini 3 PRO and Mavic 3 Series Drones

Dji has released a new firmware update which now integrates the DJI FPV Goggles Integra and the motion controller with Mini 3 PRO and Mavic 3 Classic/PRO version of drones.

This is a great update for Mini 3 PRO owners and gives/brings the experience of DJI Avata to non FPV drones.
I was expecting such features in future drones like the Mini 4 PRO or Mini 5 PRO.
It is good that Dji has brought them to the existing drones.

It is now just a matter of purchasing the hardware, the goggles and the motion controller which seamlessly integrates with Mini 3 PRO.

This allows Mini 3 PRO owners to do incremental upgrades to the hardware instead of buying a new FPV drone and also works out cheaper in the long run.

Here is the new Firmware update:

The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice-fw.jpg
Amyth Prabhakar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 07:02   #281
BHPian

Does anyone travel with drones on domestic flights? I have done it before previously on a Vistara flight but I'm not sure if it's really allowed or not - reason being, I asked the customer support once and they said I cannot carry, neither as check-in nor hand baggage. But the website said otherwise, so I decided to go ahead with it as I did not have any other option at that time. I'm not sure what's the general civil aviation guidelines on this.

I'm going on a vacation to Meghalaya and would really like to take the drone with me.
logicalidiot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 01:08   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
Does anyone travel with drones on domestic flights? I have done it before previously on a Vistara flight but I'm not sure if it's really allowed or not - reason being, I asked the customer support once and they said I cannot carry, neither as check-in nor hand baggage. But the website said otherwise, so I decided to go ahead with it as I did not have any other option at that time. I'm not sure what's the general civil aviation guidelines on this.

I'm going on a vacation to Meghalaya and would really like to take the drone with me.
I always carry drones in domestic flight and recently even on a cruise. How to carry is discussed extensively in previous posts, please go through that. If you separate out the contents, there is no way they can detect what you are carrying.
Old 3rd May 2023, 22:32   #283
BHPian

Glimpses of my recent trip to Lakshadweep @Agatti Island. Forgot to turn on Cine mode, movements are not cinematic. More videos of the Island & Cruise on my channel. Will write up a TL if I get time later

The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice-dji_fly_20230419_122120_37_1681934262451_photo_optimized.jpg

The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice-dji_fly_20230419_122536_45_1681934205732_photo_optimized.jpg

The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice-dji_fly_20230419_122128_38_1681934261523_photo_optimized.jpg

The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice-dji_fly_20230419_122042_34_1681887320458_photo_optimized.jpg

The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice-dji_fly_20230419_122048_35_1681934264362_photo_optimized.jpg

The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice-dji_fly_20230419_122034_33_1681934265386_photo_optimized.jpg

Last edited by Samfromindia : 3rd May 2023 at 22:34.
Samfromindia is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 11:03   #284
BHPian

Does anyone here know where to get the Dji drones repaired and serviced in Bangalore ? Looking for real good trustworthy service center for Dji drones.

My mini 3 pro propellers got damaged after hitting a tree and I was able to replace one of the front right propellers successfully. The screw on the second propeller blade, was quite tight and it required me to put more pressure and while i did that the screw head broke and the screw body is now stuck inside the shaft/tube. Is there a way to remove it ?

I spoke to my friend and he said there is nothing that can be done now and he suggested me to get the entire right side arm replaced along with the motor and propellers.

Are the parts available here in India ? Ali Express has the parts but not sure if they are original and can be sourced to India easily.

I googled and called up a few drone repair guys and they said they don't have the parts and it is not easy to repair as the entire drone needs to be disassembled, the mother board removed and the wires need to be re-soldered on the ESC board.

I am in deep trouble here.

A pic of the broken screw inside the tube.

The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice-img20230427wa0012.jpg

Clip System for propellers are any day better than the screws and much easier to handle during replacements. These tiny screws are so delicate that even a small pressure will break them.

Last edited by Amyth Prabhakar : 12th May 2023 at 11:16.
Old 21st May 2023, 03:02   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyth Prabhakar View Post
Does anyone here know where to get the Dji drones repaired and serviced in Bangalore ? Looking for real good trustworthy service center for Dji drones.
This popular drone Youtuber from Bangalore recently crashed his drone and given it to repairs. DM him for contact and he may be able to give you references.

Alternatively contact JE Electronic Kolkata for drone repair estimation. They support repairs over courier however option in Bangalore should be best for you.

Meanwhile Drone Hacks have successfully created firmware level hack for latest version of Mini 2 which removes 500M altitude limit, FCC Mode for superior range and NFZ removal

https://drone-hacks.com/birdmap
The Drones Thread - Reviews, Tips, Advice-dh.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks