Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2020, 09:14   #1
BHPian

Unable to access my new CCTV setup from my smartphone

Hi,

I just agot a new wireless CCTV setup with wireless NVR and installed it myself to a major extent.

Before purchasing this setup, I enquired and got a quote from a local guy for around 4 to 6 cameras. I was given quote for 4 and 6 cameras (HD cameras, not IP along with 4 channel and 8 channel DVR, HDD and cables). For this setup, the cameras and the DVR need to be connected via cables and as many cables based on the no of cameras. I want to avoid this cable mess and started searching for other options including wireless. When enquired with the same local guy about various options including wireless cameras, wireless DVR along with cloud storage, no proper response was given.

So, while searching over Internet for wireless options, I came across a complete setup with a 8 channel wireless NVR and 4 wireless cameras without hard disk on Amazon for around 27.5K. I waited for some time as I'm not sure of it. Suddenly one day the same item was shown with Prime tag and price as 19999 and only 1 left in stock by a different seller. I immediately bought it and was delivered 2 days back. I also ordered for 2 TB WD surveillance hard disk and got it yesterday. Not during the current amazon sale, its available around 24700.

I was able to connect the 4 wireless cameras with the wireless NVR successfully and was able to see the cameras live on the connected TV via hdmi cable.

To access the cameras on mobile, I installed the Ezviz app, registered and tried to add the wireless NVR via the QR code scanner. It's detecting, and aski G if it's powered on and connected to router via lan cable butt finally not connecting. This is where I'm stuck now.

All the 4 wireless cameras are connected to the wireless nvr using the WiFi of nvr. They are in IP range 192.168.7.x series.

My router is in 192.168.68.y series. Is this an issue or should I have some thing called static IP for this wireless nvr to access cameras on the mobile anywhere..

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B082LR1T4C/..._v4mlFbJGQFSRJ

The above is the setup I bought. Hope its a better one.

Need inputs. Sorry for the long post.. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 7th August 2020 at 09:15.
vvrchandra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 10:47   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Unable to access my new CCTV setup from my smartphone

The Ezviz cameras are normally the easiest to setup and you don't need any static IP or Ip configuration details.
I hope you have connected your WIFI cameras to the NVR and are able to see the feed from the cameras on your Local LAN. If you are able to to do that, then proceed with the next steps.
1) Install the EZVIZ application on your mobile device (Both Android and Apple Versions are available)

2) Register with you email ID and create your EZVIZ account.

3) Then it will ask you to associate your cameras & NVR to your account. To do this, you have to switch on the Camera and follow the instruction in the app to pair each camera - which can be done by either of two ways - a Sound signal which it uses to transfer the settings data or by manually scanning the QR code on each camera to get the info.

4) After this the cameras will be configured to connect with your WIFI

5) Once the camera configuration is complete, you will be able to see the camera feeds on your mobile device

6) To connect to your NVR, you need to follow the same process and scan the QR code to associate it with your account. Also the NVR needs to be physically connected by a LAN cable to your Internet router to have 24/7 access to the internet so you can watch the mobile feed.

Once all the cameras and NVR are paired to your account, you should be able to see the feeds.
I hope that you have also put in MicroSD cards into the Cameras (at least 64 GB) and formatted them.
Hope that you have installed the 2TB in the NVR correctly and formatted it.

If the NVR is not able to connect to the Internet, you can try connecting your Cameras directly to Wifi and they will also be able to stream directly without using the NVR. The NVR is required only for Longer recording duration.
If you keep your cameras only on Motion based recording, 64GB memory cards are able to store upto 2 weeks of Motion based recordings (I have EZviz cameras - 2 # in my place)

One situation where you may not be able to access the cameras, is when the cameras are already paired to someone else's account (some customer ordered the cameras/ NVR and associated to their account and then returned the products) in this situation, the cameras cannot be paired to anyone else's account unless they are removed from the first account - in this scenario, you will need to ask for a replacement. Or you could try writing to EZVIZ support to delete the camera's from existing user account.

Last edited by Behemoth : 7th August 2020 at 10:56.
Behemoth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 11:09   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The Ezviz cameras are normally the easiest to setup and you don't need any static IP or Ip configuration details.
I hope you have connected your WIFI cameras to the NVR and are able to see the feed from the cameras on your Local LAN. If you are able to to do that, then proceed with the next steps..
Thanks for the quick response.

The 4 ezviz wireless cameras are connected to the wireless nvr via WiFi of NVR in which the 2TB hard drive is installed. All the 4 cameras are configured to NVR and am able to see the feed from the cameras on TV. The cameras do not have a SD card as they are connected to NVR which has hard drive.

I connected the nvr to TV via HDMI cable( I don't have a separate monitor. Laptop cannot be used here to connect NVR).

At the end of setup a QR code came up to add the NVR to the app. I've already installed the app, registered it earlier. When I tried to add using the + icon, a QR code scanner came up to scan the QR code on the TV screen. It's the same under the NVR also.

Here I'm facing issues. It asks if the NVR is powered on, then if it is connected to router using lan cable. After this, when I click continue, it searches and couldn't succeed in adding the nvr to app. Any clues here..

Should I add the NVR to app first or the individual cameras to app which are already configured to NVR.

The only wired connection is between the wireless nvr and router using a lan cable to access the cameras over mobile. No wired connection between cameras and nvr as both are wireless.

Hope you got the situation.
Attached Thumbnails
Unable to access my new CCTV setup from my smartphone-screenshot_20200807111628_gallery.jpg  

Unable to access my new CCTV setup from my smartphone-screenshot_20200806214750_ezviz.jpg  

Unable to access my new CCTV setup from my smartphone-screenshot_20200806214858_ezviz.jpg  

Unable to access my new CCTV setup from my smartphone-20200806_214701.jpg  

Last edited by vvrchandra : 7th August 2020 at 11:23.
Old 7th August 2020, 11:54   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Thanks for the quick response.

The 4 ezviz wireless cameras are connected to the wireless nvr via WiFi of NVR in which the 2TB hard drive is installed. All the 4 cameras are configured to NVR and am able to see the feed from the cameras on TV. The cameras do not have a SD card as they are connected to NVR which has hard drive.

I connected the nvr to TV via HDMI cable( I don't have a separate monitor. Laptop cannot be used here to connect NVR).

At the end of setup a QR code came up to add the NVR to the app. I've already installed the app, registered it earlier. When I tried to add using the + icon, a QR code scanner came up to scan the QR code on the TV screen. It's the same under the NVR also.

Here I'm facing issues. It asks if the NVR is powered on, then if it is connected to router using lan cable. After this, when I click continue, it searches and couldn't succeed in adding the nvr to app. Any clues here..

Should I add the NVR to app first or the individual cameras to app which are already configured to NVR.

The only wired connection is between the wireless nvr and router using a lan cable to access the cameras over mobile. No wired connection between cameras and nvr as both are wireless.

Hope you got the situation.
The problem to me seems to be the internet connection between the NVR and the Router. Try plugging in a different network cable and also try a different LAN port on your Router. Also, check the connectivity to the internet with the cable with your laptop to see if the Internet connection from the same cable is working. If you internet is working fine, the NVR should be able to connect to the cloud. Once it is connected to the cloud and you have entered the QR code, it should be able to associate the NVR to your account.

In the Management console on the NVR, check the Configurations. Hope you have the Admin password and settings for the NVR console (over LAN).
In that, reset everything to default (in case someone has changed any of them). There are some settings in the Cloud connectivity which are generally pre-configured but people can change them manually.
It could also be that the NVR is already associated to someone else's account and that's why you will not be able to connect it to your account - Was the NVR box sealed when you got it?

There is another workaround which you can use to access your cameras - you can configure them to connect to your wifi and then access them through the Ezviz app, without going through the NVR. The NVR seems to be the problem area in your case - try resetting it to default and also write to the EZViz support team to check if it is already associated with someone else's account.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 14:12   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm using hikvision nvr and mobile / laptop access was possible only when the IP series of NVR, Camera & router are same
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 14:19   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

All the 4 wireless cameras are connected to the wireless nvr using the WiFi of nvr. They are in IP range 192.168.7.x series.

My router is in 192.168.68.y series. Is this an issue or should I have some thing called static IP for this wireless nvr to access cameras on the mobile anywhere..
Your cameras and NVR are on a different subnet, give them all static ip including the NVR and put them on the same subnet as the router.
DIY410 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 16:01   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY410 View Post
Your cameras and NVR are on a different subnet, give them all static ip including the NVR and put them on the same subnet as the router.
Should I change the wireless cameras IP address to match the routers IP address series. I guess the NVR assigns the ip addresses to WiFi cameras.

Since my router assigns ip address in 192.168.68.xx series, should the WiFi cameras and nvr also be in same series. Where can I change this. Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 7th August 2020 at 16:09.
Old 7th August 2020, 17:01   #8
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Should I change the wireless cameras IP address to match the routers IP address series. I guess the NVR assigns the ip addresses to WiFi cameras.

Since my router assigns ip address in 192.168.68.xx series, should the WiFi cameras and nvr also be in same series. Where can I change this. Thanks.
Yes, all should be in the same subnet. If you cannot change the subnet in the nvr to match your router. Then you can change the router subnet to match the nvr. Those settings are typically under lan settings.
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 17:54   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

No this is not necessarily the case. The cameras are connected to nvr wifi and are on that network. That will be a separate subnet from your wifi network. The NVR is then connected with the wired Lan connection to your Router. So the Wired connection subnet needs to be the same as your routers Lan subnet. But normally it should happen automatically by DHCP - check if DHCP is on in the NVR console.
Old 7th August 2020, 18:18   #10
BHPian

Quote:
No this is not necessarily the case. The cameras are connected to nvr wifi and are on that network. That will be a separate subnet from your wifi network. The NVR is then connected with the wired Lan connection to your Router. So the Wired connection subnet needs to be the same as your routers Lan subnet. But normally it should happen automatically by DHCP - check if DHCP is on in the NVR console.
Just a quick update. I just got everything to work now. I'm on it since last 1 hour.

Just did a reset of NVR and all is fine now. The 4 wireless cameras are connected to wireless nvr under 192.168.7.y series even now. I tried to change to router IP range, but they are reverting back. So left as it is.

I'm able to add the NVR to the app without any issue now. The only difference between the setup yesterday and today was I just connected the wireless nvr to router via lan cable at the beginning. Yesterday I remember it was connected in between as it said optional in the quick start guide.

The NVR is connected to the router in the router IP range via lan cable.

Even did a firmware update of nvr via the app.

I'm able to see the 4 cameras now. Should I add the individual cameras also using QR code to the app or is the NVR addition just fine as I could access the cameras in the app. How to perform the firmware update for the cameras, if any.

Thanks to all those who have helped me out.

Edit..

I'm able to add the individual cameras also using the QR code of each camera. Also updated their firmware.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 7th August 2020 at 18:39.
Old 7th August 2020, 22:38   #11
BHPian

Is it fine if I switch off the router during night times (which I do daily) even with this new CCTV setup. The NVR and the cameras will be on. I guess the recording will happen since nvr is on along with cameras.

I should be able to access earlier footage, if required, when connected to the router. Hope I'm not missing anything here.
Old 7th August 2020, 23:01   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is it fine if I switch off the router during night times (which I do daily) even with this new CCTV setup. The NVR and the cameras will be on. I guess the recording will happen since nvr is on along with cameras.

I should be able to access earlier footage, if required, when connected to the router. Hope I'm not missing anything here.
Though you can, but I would not recommend it. Every time the internet connection goes out, the ISP allots a new dynamic IP to your router when it reconnects. The NVR which has a virtual Domain mapping in the Cloud DNS then has to be reconnected automatically to the new IP. Most of the time this happens within 2-3 minutes but sometimes I have seen it take longer too (3-6 hours). So if 24/7 reliability is required, dont switch it off. But if 24/7 remote access is not essential , you can switch it off.
Old 8th August 2020, 08:45   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Though you can, but I would not recommend it. Every time the internet connection goes out, the ISP allots a new dynamic IP to your router when it reconnects..
My router has some thing called 'Address Reservation' by which a device can get the same IP always. Is this recommended in such a scenario. Attached is the screen shot for the same. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Unable to access my new CCTV setup from my smartphone-screenshot_20200808084259_deco.jpg  

Old 8th August 2020, 09:06   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My router has some thing called 'Address Reservation' by which a device can get the same IP always. Is this recommended in such a scenario. Attached is the screen shot for the same. Thanks.
Yes if you have this feature it will be good. But it still depends on the Isp as their servers allocate the IP address and only when you have a Plan with static IP , will it remain unchanged.
However with a Dynamic IP plan, When the router is switched off for 8 hours, The IP may change because of Dynamic IP allocation by ISP. Still it is worth trying - so do try it and see if the address reservation feature is able to hold the same ip when it reconnects next day.
But what I feel this address reservation feature is on your LAN side only and not for the WAN side.

Last edited by Behemoth : 8th August 2020 at 09:09.
Old 8th August 2020, 10:06   #15
BHPian

Quote:
.. But what I feel this address reservation feature is on your LAN side only and not for the WAN side.
What I spoke of address reservation is on lan side. Is the static ip you mentioned on wan side? If so either I should get a static ip from ISP so that wan IP doesn't change even if router is switched off OR I should never switch off the router with dynamic IP. Hope my understanding is correct.

Most Viewed