Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2020, 03:14   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Apple iPhone 12 launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
A number of iPhone 12 owners have been complaining about excessive standby battery drain. iPhones are known for their excellent standby battery life and they tend to lose around 1-2% even after remaining idle for over 8-10 hours. However, iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro owners are experiencing a standby battery drain of as high as 20-40%.
Oh! I posted on this very subject on the other iPhone thread. I reckon will start posting here for all iPhone 12 related topics

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post4952502 (The iPhone Thread)

On the contrary, my experience has been pleasant. The iPhone 12 Promax battery is unbelievably powerful and just won't drain out at all. In fact, my battery % loss for overnight (7 hours) is in 2-3% range

It could be for a certain OS version update. Have you also experienced the same?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 20:28   #152
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to avoid a Spigen case (On my 12 Pro Silver) because it put marks on my Gloss Black iPhone7, in the past. But then I noticed the new one with PU protection inside. Picked up this sturdy case since I was missing that 'kicker stand'. First impressions are good (Rs 2034). I needed a solid 'non-plasticky' case to attach to my RAM quick Grip on the bike. If not this I'd have bought UAG
Attached Thumbnails
Apple iPhone 12 launched!-img_6494.jpg  

Apple iPhone 12 launched!-img_6493.jpg  

Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 09:32   #153
Senior - BHPian

The magnetic case is a boon when you cant carry your wallet around
Attached Thumbnails
Apple iPhone 12 launched!-cf96376c75ca40738ad21741364ebb83.jpg  

Sebring is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 13:32   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The magnetic case is a boon when you cant carry your wallet around
How do you charge via MagSafe charger when you have this case on?
Old 17th February 2021, 13:46   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
If the wallet sticks, then the mag safe charger should also stick and work. As things stand today, even conventional wireless charger are able to charge at a gap of 2-3mm between the device and charger.
roamer012 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 19:29   #156
Senior - BHPian

To be honest, I have not tried MagSafe charger as yet. But this isn't a permanent fixture. Just held in place using magnets, so can be moved while charging
Quote:
Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 23:15   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

I finally received my iPhone 12 Pro today.
Backed up my old. IPhone 6S, copied all data and installed the various special stuff from work.

Took about 3 hours, but went very smoothly.

So far I am pleased with it!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 23:17   #158
Senior - BHPian

I'm a Spigen lifer, but their new cases are just not there. Got my first Ringke case and this one is great. Its lighter, trendy with graphics and the back is just right. It was a hit at my Gym today
Attached Thumbnails
Apple iPhone 12 launched!-img_0839.jpg  

Sebring is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 16:24   #159
BHPian

Quote:
I'm a Spigen lifer, but their new cases are just not there. Got my first Ringke case and this one is great. Its lighter, trendy with graphics and the back is just right. It was a hit at my Gym today
This looks wicked and those graphics add a ruggedness feel to the cover. Currently, I am using Spigen rugged armor and while I have nothing against them but I would love to try out covers from other brands that are equally competent. How would you rate this when pitted against Spigen or UAG?
drive_angry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 23:26   #160
Senior - BHPian

I'd rate this better than Spigen. Its sleeker, stronger, lighter, culmination of three different materials. I have no experience with UAG. Would love others opinion on this?
Quote:
This looks wicked and those graphics add a ruggedness feel to the cover. Currently, I am using Spigen rugged armor and while I have nothing against them but I would love to try out covers from other brands that are equally competent. How would you rate this when pitted against Spigen or UAG?
Sebring is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 00:05   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
I finally received my iPhone 12 Pro today.

So far I am pleased with it!

Jeroen
Congrats on your new possession! 12 Pro is a HUGE upgrade for us 6’s & 7 users. The generation gap is indeed very significant.

Quote:
I have too heard / read good reviews about the Ringke cases. They’re indeed impressive.
Infact, I was planning to get one, but ended up buying the Amozo case for relatively half the price of Ringke. A simple transperant case with black bumper. Happy with it so far. Maybe my next pick will be a Ringke.

Your case looks badass!

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 24th February 2021 at 00:07.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 00:37   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Congrats on your new possession! 12 Pro is a HUGE upgrade for us 6’s & 7 users. The generation gap is indeed very significant.
No mistake, I am a huge Apple fan. But even so, I will be honest, I don’t see much of a difference in practice. My most important reason to upgrade is that the battery was becoming a real problem and the screen was damaged.

So the camera is a bit better and has some more features. But other than that I am not impressed really. It is essentially the same phone with some small changes. I don’t like the face recognition, I prefer the thumb print identification but that will probably fade over time.

It’s really amazing I paid over Euro 1200 to get more or less the same gadget.

(Luckily my employer pays most of that). the iPhone 6 lasted me for 6-7 years with one battery and one screen update/repair, so I am not complaining.
My (company) subscription will be upgraded to include 5G in May, so I am looking forward to that. Although I must admit I rarely find myself needing more bandwidth being on 4G or on WiFi.

But still. What is new? I have been looking at some youtube video’s but in all honesty what those nerds are talking about is simply not relevant for somebody for who a mobile phone is just a tool.

If anything I hope this one will last me for at least 6-7 years. Buying and upgrading to new phones is just a total waste of money and time these days.

I have also upgraded to the latest iPad recently. The improvement in performance was at least noticeable. But in all honesty again, I upgraded because my old iPhone battery was on its last legs and the display was cracked and I had it repaired once already. So again, a huge lay out with remarkable little concrete practical improvements. Not as little as the iPhone, but still.

What is interesting that apparently I can skip 6-7 years of continuous new model introductions, to find that the new model I buy after such a long period, really isn’t all that much more brilliantly than my original old device. Not sure how Apple does that, but I still fall for it. Take my money as the saying goes!!

Jeroen

Jeroen

Last edited by Jeroen : 24th February 2021 at 00:42.
Jeroen is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 05:03   #163
Senior - BHPian

^^
My friend said the same after upgrading from the his iPhone SE (1st gen) to the new iPhone 12.

Speed on his 5 year old phone had got better with the iOS 13 & iOS 14 updates and was comparable to the new flagships.
Old 26th February 2021, 19:39   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

I picked up this nice cover for my iPhone 12 Promax to go with my new acquisition

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4990969

Unlike most BMW accessories even from third parties, this was quite cheap and costed just $14 and quality is fantastic (Perfect weight as I don't like heavy phone covers and prefer the transparent ones, Have a spigen that I love)

Super happy with this purchase and I will be alternating between this one and Spigen
Attached Thumbnails
Apple iPhone 12 launched!-img_8657.jpg  

Apple iPhone 12 launched!-img_2940.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 12:32   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Upgraded to 12 Pro Max and got the same case. While the cover looks mad but in terms of fit and finish, I personally feel it is not there yet. I have 7 day return period and will see if I want to continue or get an additional one. Thanks for an awesome recommendation though!
drive_angry is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed