AMG Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 13:36   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Apple iPhone 12 launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
Apple issues warning to iPhone 12 users on potential issues
Thank you AMG Power for the update.

I feel MagSafe is a superb new money making machine for Apple and this is besides the ton of other assessories which they are selling showcasing the compatibility.

If you think about it, MagSafe is something you don’t require at all (at the moment for sure). It’s based on Qi charging which will not charge your phone at more than a 15W charging speed. Sure, it’s double the charging speed of most normal Qi chargers, but not essential for the purpose. Simply buy a 18/20W or higher fast charging brick with a cable and charge your iPhone much quicker.

Apple’s marketing team is also really amazing, hats off to them. They could sell snow to an Eskimo

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 20:08   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Pre-ordered a 12 Pro for the wife (22 Oct), made the mistake of doing that with Flipkart (to avail the ₹ 5K HDFC flashback discount offer). They are supposed to deliver tomorrow and its still not packed & picked up for delivery from seller.
This seems to be the case with Authorised Apple Premium Resellers as well. I pre-booked a 12 Pro through the Unicorn Online Store on 23rd Oct and till date I have got no update on when the phone will reach me. I visited the Unicorn Store today and apparently the Gold and Pacific Blue colours are the highest demand and so run out of stock. They have other colours available though. It will apparently take another week for new stock to arrive.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 20:20   #109
Senior - BHPian

Guys, did you check out the iPhone 12? What did you think of it. I had a chance fiddle with it today. I'm finding it fatter than desired. The 11, and iterations before, that were a joy to hold
Old 31st October 2020, 20:29   #110
Senior - BHPian

I don't see anyone complaining about the bathtub notch. None of the YouTube reviewers seem to have a problem with it too. However for an Android phone, forget a bathtub, even a teardrop notch is a big crime. Reviewers are not ready to accept anything less than a punch hole camera. This really baffles me.
As for me, I'm probably not buying an iPhone anytime in the near future. My wife had an iPhone 4 and I had an iPhone 6+. We just prefer the convenience (as well as the price) of an Android.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 11:31   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I don't see anyone complaining about the bathtub notch. None of the YouTube reviewers seem to have a problem with it too.
Since the notch is 3 years old, you will find rants on it, around the iPhone 10 time reviews. Everyone has moved on/gotten used to it.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 13:36   #112
BHPian

Quote:
I don't see anyone complaining about the bathtub notch. None of the YouTube reviewers seem to have a problem with it too. However for an Android phone, forget a bathtub, even a teardrop notch is a big crime. Reviewers are not ready to accept anything less than a punch hole camera. This really baffles me.
We cannot blame all of them either. iPhone has an Infrared FaceID sensor, Flood Illuminator and DOT projector. These parts need unobstructed view in front(same reason why screen guards for iPhone have a gap on FaceID sensor). But on an Android phone we don't find these and keeping that in perspective, except for a punch-hole, all other notches look ugly.

I'm not an Apple sympathizer. Actually I hate Apple's money making tactics and never used an iPhone. But this, I kind of agree with Apple's point-of-view.
Old 2nd November 2020, 15:23   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Since the notch is 3 years old, you will find rants on it, around the iPhone 10 time reviews. Everyone has moved on/gotten used to it.
Android has moved on to pop up cameras and then to punchole cameras. What I'm saying is why everyone is okay with Apple dishing out an outdated look at an exorbitant price but pouncing on any budget Android phone for doing it at a low price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
We cannot blame all of them either. iPhone has an Infrared FaceID sensor, Flood Illuminator and DOT projector. These parts need unobstructed view in front(same reason why screen guards for iPhone have a gap on FaceID sensor). But on an Android phone we don't find these and keeping that in perspective, except for a punch-hole, all other notches look ugly.

I'm not an Apple sympathizer. Actually I hate Apple's money making tactics and never used an iPhone. But this, I kind of agree with Apple's point-of-view.
My point was different as explained above.
Old 2nd November 2020, 16:26   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Android has moved on to pop up cameras and then to punchole cameras. What I'm saying is why everyone is okay with Apple dishing out an outdated look at an exorbitant price but pouncing on any budget Android phone for doing it at a low price.

My point was different as explained above.
I guess it also due to the competition, with android you can buy a phone without a notch or even a teardrop camera. With apple there is no second choice, it's take it or leave it, so no point discussing it.
Old 2nd November 2020, 17:23   #115
BHPian

Quote:
What I'm saying is why everyone is okay with Apple dishing out an outdated look at an exorbitant price but pouncing on any budget Android phone for doing it at a low price.
If I had to mince your statement, not everyone is okay, which is why you are complaining!
Many reviewers want to be in Apple's good books, hence ignore. Some have moved on or else they would be called repetitive.
But I do get your point and my view( an iOs worshiper) would be, I ignore it or have gotten used to it or it never bothered me in the first place. There are some things which you love and you tend to ignore the minor kinks. Or it could be a case of ' I have paid so much, I better adjust to it'.
If someone has found an alternative, good for them ,but someone like me who refuses to find alternatives or adjust to alternatives, we tend to live with it.
Old 2nd November 2020, 18:17   #116
Team-BHP Support

Briefly checked out the iPhone 12 at local reliance store, felt it very snug to hold. Maybe the flat sides do help and surprisingly light to hold too. Screen is very nice and the camera as usual brilliant. Only the sticker price in India is a bummer, especially now that the pack does not come with charger or earpods, apple should have reduced the price at least by 10k and made the retail price more inline with other countries.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 19:03   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe because there is more than just a selfie camera in that notch.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...ense-microsoft

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd November 2020 at 19:43. Reason: cos > because
Old 2nd November 2020, 20:15   #118
Senior - BHPian

An inside look at the iPhone 12 Pro Magsafe Charging Magnets

Last edited by Venkatesh : 2nd November 2020 at 20:16.
Venkatesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 08:04   #119
Senior - BHPian

'One More Thing'! They're not done yet. Steve Jobs' words immortalised in a classy way
Attached Thumbnails
Apple iPhone 12 launched!-screenshot-20201103-7.31.02-am.jpeg  

Old 3rd November 2020, 14:40   #120
Senior - BHPian

https://www.indiatimes.com/technolog...ap-526624.html
Looks like iPhone12 spells trouble for Apple. Wipes $430 Billion from Its Market Cap
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks