Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2021, 09:33   #61
BANNED

Re: The Keyboard Thread : Pics, advice, recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
How long did it take to deliver from the date of ordering? Wondering if Covid had same say in custom clearance time.
Actually the whole experience was smooth for me.

• Ordered on 28th Nov
  • Epomaker shipped the item via Yenwen special line on 1st Dec.
  • It reached Malaysia on 3rd Dec
  • From Malaysia it was further connected to destination via Malaysia Post/India post and a new tracking number was generated. Using the new tracking number I could see much detailed status on india Post website.
  • The item reached Mumbai port on 18th Dec
  • Reached and cleared by customs on 19th
  • Further connected to destination city on 20th
  • Delivered on 21st Dec.

So all in all a good experience for me. You can read epomaker FAQs as well. They were pretty responsive over email.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 10:32   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_addict View Post
Inflation has not killed it. TVS have changed the key types to a cheaper one & have completely destroyed the original product.

Linus Tech reviewed it in 2018.

Buyer beware!
The Whites on the pro version are actually very good. If someone wants a robust, cheap, no nonsense keyboard the pro is a good option
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 00:03   #63
Senior - BHPian

On a wireless spree got this Logitech wireless MK270r keyboard-mouse pair on Amazon. Didn't want to get a bluetooth keyboard, after my experience with the Logitech K480 which frequently gets disconnected from device.

Had earlier used only the Logitech dongle based wireless mouse, which was quite stable as opposed to other bluetooth mice I've used.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 19:11   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Both the Magic Keyboard with the number pad and without are identical, except for the number pad on the side, that is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Go for it. You won't regret it.
Thanks I went ahead and bought the Apple Magic Trackpad 2 & Apple Magic Keyboard with Numpad as I had to return the silver trackpad and keyboard back to office.

This grey one looks so much better and the keys are also much more silent/less wobbly than the one on my earlier standard magic keyboard 2 (Without numpad).

Daresay this is the best apple keyboard I have used and i have used the below apple keyboards at length at one time or another in past few years -

1. Apple MBP/Macbook Air 2014 - with scissor switches
2. Apple MBP 2016 - with butterfly switches v1
3. Apple MBP 2017 - with butterfly switches v2
4. Apple MBP 2020 - with scissor switches (new)
5. Apple Magic Keyboard 2 2018 (without numpad)
6. Apple Magic Keyboard 2 with numpad 2021

New Setup pics as below. Now am going to try to get the grey MBP from office to complete the black/grey look of all parts, this silver MBP 13 2016 has served me well for over 4 years now.
Attached Thumbnails
The Keyboard Thread : Pics, advice, recommendations-pxl_20210109_092256176.jpg  

The Keyboard Thread : Pics, advice, recommendations-img_20210109_144332.jpg  

dhruvwali is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 19:38   #65
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
Daresay this is the best apple keyboard I have used
Likewise, man. This is surely the best keyboard I have ever used. Such a pleasure to type on it, as overpriced as it may be. Best part is, moving from this to the Macbook is more or less a seamless experience as the two keyboards are almost the same.

Using anything else after this is a no-no. My Dell Latitude's keyboard now feels like a typewriter
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 20:12   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Likewise, man. This is surely the best keyboard I have ever used. Such a pleasure to type on it, as overpriced as it may be. Best part is, moving from this to the Macbook is more or less a seamless experience as the two keyboards are almost the same.

Using anything else after this is a no-no. My Dell Latitude's keyboard now feels like a typewriter
I was strongly considering the logitech MX keys at 99$ from USA, they are supposed to be great too, but then went ahead with these.

Will probably end up getting the MX Keys for my wife and then decide which one to use between them later
Old 11th January 2021, 13:09   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Daresay this is the best apple keyboard I have used and i have used the below apple keyboards at length at one time or another in past few years -

1. Apple MBP/Macbook Air 2014 - with scissor switches
6. Apple Magic Keyboard 2 with numpad 2021

Quote:
I was strongly considering the logitech MX keys at 99$ from USA, they are supposed to be great too, but then went ahead with these.

Will probably end up getting the MX Keys for my wife and then decide which one to use between them later
How does it compare against the old scissor switches? I like the keyboard of the older MBs and want something similar, which supports windows. With the current travel situation, getting something from abroad doesn't look feasible any time soon.
Old 11th January 2021, 14:45   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
How does it compare against the old scissor switches? I like the keyboard of the older MBs and want something similar, which supports windows. With the current travel situation, getting something from abroad doesn't look feasible any time soon.
I like these more than the older scissor switches since they had too much travel for me and the new butterfly switches are too shallow.

I dont like mechanical keybaords and these are far from that experience.

I dont think you can go wrong with this if you liked the MBP scissor switches earlier, these only improve on them.
dhruvwali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 18:35   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
...ended up buying the Redragon Shiva K512 for 2,000 bucks.
Could you share how has your experience with this keyboard been? Would you recommend it to someone as their main keyboard for some coding, a bit of Excel, JIRA, etc (and almost no gaming)?

I am considering picking this up as a replacement for my ~7 year old Logitech K200.
Old 17th June 2021, 18:52   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hey, it's been a good experience thus far. Feels good to type but you might want to consider the the g3-g6 keys at the left side which might affect your typing.

For the price paid i am happy with this
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 19:32   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Hey, it's been a good experience thus far. Feels good to type but you might want to consider the the g3-g6 keys at the left side which might affect your typing.

For the price paid i am happy with this
Thank you for the quick response, it helps a lot.

Some of the honest YouTube reviews mention the same thing - the macro keys take some time to get used to initially.

I will most likely buy it - especially since it looks amazing and fits nicely in my budget.

Cheers!
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 12:42   #72
BHPian

Team, can you please suggest a decent Mechanical Keyboard with Red switches for max. Rs 5000? Any brand would do. Required for the usual WFH office work.
I have never used a mechanical keyboard, so ideally I would like to try it out before putting in the cash. Where in Chennai can I touch and feel it before buying? Can I try Ritchie street? Or any recommended stores?
Thanks.
Old 10th August 2021, 13:16   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Came across this thread today only. Never knew that a keyboard thread also exists!

For regular work, I use TVS Gold mechanical keyboard. This is the original version which has Cherry MX blue switches and is a pleasure to type on. I have been using it extensively since last 5 years and it’s the best keyboard I’ve used so far. Has stood a good deal of abuse that I have put it to. I think TVS shifted to Chinese Long Hua switches sometime in late 2016 or 2017. For some, that was a deal breaker.

Another keyboard I use sometimes is HP K500F which is an RGB gaming keyboard. Not quite as good as a mechanical keyboard in terms of feel but still good enough. Being backlit is a plus but I would have preferred white instead of RGB (but couldn’t find one).
Attached Thumbnails
The Keyboard Thread : Pics, advice, recommendations-71912e616a2843bca8469d0bb772ca65.jpeg  

Last edited by saket77 : 10th August 2021 at 13:17.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 23:38   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Team, can you please suggest a decent Mechanical Keyboard with Red switches for max. Rs 5000? Any brand would do. Required for the usual WFH office work.
I have never used a mechanical keyboard, so ideally I would like to try it out before putting in the cash. Where in Chennai can I touch and feel it before buying? Can I try Ritchie street? Or any recommended stores?
Thanks.
I think there's a model in Cosmic Byte which comes with Red switches, although not the Cherry ones but Outemu ones.

For getting the feel of the keyboard, you can check the I.T Depot, though I'm not sure whether their physical store is still open. Last year they claimed the shop was closed and they're operating only online for the moment, so I got the Logitech MX master G3 from them online. So you can call them up and check.

Secondly there's a gaming PC assembly shop in Pallikaranai named Rig Veda. I'm sure their shop is open. So you can call them up and drop by to get a feel of the keyboards.

Third option is Ritche St, although I don't think you'll have the luxury to test the keyboards there. If you're sure of what brand/model you need, you can enter most of the shops and name the model, and they'll get it for you.

I got my Ant E Sports mechanical, tenkeyless keyboard in one of the shops in Ritche Street.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 10:52   #75
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

Any one is using DELL KM7120W Wireless Keyboard & Mouse?

https://www.amazon.in/Dell-Multi-Dev...tronics&sr=1-1

I am looking for multi device keyboard and mouse combination for home office setup. I hear that Logitech K480 key is noisy and sticky so thought of K380. The Logitech K380 and Logitech M590 Keyboard mouse combo also costs close to 5.5K. So was wondering if it is worth getting KM7120W.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks