Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2020, 01:56   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: 2.7 lakh dispute with Tata Cliq

If one looks at the name (or title?) of the two Youtube videos, it goes like this:
"Unboxing 1 - 20201110 233439 1"
"Unboxing 2 - 20201111 000243 1"

Does it imply the date & time when these videos were recorded?

If yes, and there is indeed a 3 hour gap between the two videos (10 Nov 11:34 PM to 11 Nov 02:43 AM), then my friend your case is weak.

EDIT: From the opening post, I could infer that you received the parcel on 7 November but opened it 3 days later.

Last edited by self_driven : 18th November 2020 at 02:18.
self_driven is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 02:41   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
"Unboxing 1 - 20201110 233439 1"
"Unboxing 2 - 20201111 000243 1"

Does it imply the date & time when these videos were recorded?

If yes, and there is indeed a 3 hour gap between the two videos (10 Nov 11:34 PM to 11 Nov 02:43 AM), then your case is weak.:
It's more like

23hrs 34mns 39sec
00hrs 02mns 43sec

About 25 minutes.

It's normal for us to play devil's advocate under the given circumstances and find flaws in the posts. However given low quality of packaging and the pathetic condition of brown wrapper, I am not entirely convinced that there might be something amiss from OP's end.

Given the extereme mental agony such issues brings, we need to give OP some breather so he can get this sorted out. If OP can find sometime, it will be helpful if he can post:

1. Raw footage with voice along with timestamp
2. Answer some of the questions raised by respectable members
3. Share screenshot of the link to this thread shared by you with Tata

However, these can wait and not so urgent. What is more important is, for you to be strong, focused and staying calm. We want to see resolution to this agony at the earliest.
doxinboy is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 04:00   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Didn't notice that until you pointed out, yes you are right the first video itself is not continuous.

Secondly on closer look the sticker position in the first video and second video itself there is a variation. In the first on the letter "S" as seen in arrow mark doesn't match the same place on the second video. The sticker residue seen on the second video doesn't match the one in the first video
What you point out seems to be correct. My guess is that Vikas stopped recording at the end of the first video and then opened the box. After discovering the VIAO inside, he decided to complete the unboxing video for evidence purposes and so repacked it and sealed back the tape himself.

This would also explain the time gap mentioned by the next poster.
samaspire is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 06:57   #64
Senior - BHPian

What is a normal reaction when a person realises his ENTIRE lifetime savings has been stolen?

Carry on taking a video as if nothing has happened?

There is not even a shake or change in angle (on receiving a heart shattering shock) in the camera / filming when the old laptop is seen @ 0.19 (it's as if that is what is expected) - the camera is ROCK STEADY ALL ALONG - the OP just reaches for the laptop and puts it out of the box and the video just continues back to the box and the OP is opening the rest of the compartments as if nothing has happened.

This is not a normal human response - how does a person react when he realises he's been pickpocketed or his house has been burgled or his lifetime's savings been stolen? Can the person remain calm and continue taking a video with a rock steady camera?

If the OP had received a "heart shattering" experience as he refers to it this would have not been the way the video would have continued. It points to quite a lot of things that don't seem quite right.

Apart from (1) the break in the video (2) the difference in the position of the sealing tape (3) the time difference of 25 minutes to take still photos (again something that doesn't seem right), the fact that (4) there's absolutely no reaction in the video when one receives a "heart shattering experience" of "one's lifetime savings been stolen", points to the need for further investigations to determine who's at fault.

Last edited by AMG Power : 18th November 2020 at 07:24.
AMG Power is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 08:28   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
It's more like About 25 minutes.
Oh yes. How stupid of me!

I sincerely apologize for jumping to unwarranted conclusions without checking my facts.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 08:42   #66
Team-BHP Support

Unfortunately, judging by the time gap in the unboxing clip and the reactions, the OP’s credibility is questionable. This won’t hold any water if it was to be submitted as a proof in the court of law.
Gannu_1 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 08:59   #67
Senior - BHPian

I would have either dropped my phone/kept it aside, started calling customer support. But different strokes for different folks. My reaction and others' reaction could be entirely different. I would back a fellow BHPian in this matter. But yes, the onus to prove this to Tata Cliq is on him (Which is unfortunate)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
What is a normal reaction when a person realises his ENTIRE lifetime savings has been stolen?
Old 18th November 2020, 09:18   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

All of this would be a non-issue if only people's trust in the "online" marketplace was a little lesser, but no, since online shopping is en vogue, almost anyone who puts even an old wine in a new bottle becomes an overnight billionaire by use of social media, which has taught us all a lesson that it's not the product or the quality that sells, but marketing - otherwise Mi and its other 2 million co-brands wouldn't have taken India by storm.

How many times have I heard/read this, bricks and stones in place of iPhones, fake or first copy watches, clothes, shoes etc, used laptops and phones of genuine brands repackaged as new but with varying product ID from the box, returned defective goods resold as perfect condition inventory etc, I'd figure surely the consumers have lesser tolerance than that?

Now I'll meet with a barrage of replies saying others experiences were nothing short of perfect, ten times over and that brick and mortar stores are for boomers and "who goes out shoppin' anymore??", yeah save those replies for someone else buddy, compared to the errors in online delivery, in-store experiences are nearly faultless as we open/inspect and take home the product and in most cities and towns, the nearest story for a product you desire is not more than 10 kms away, at least as far as electronics are concerned.

Physical retail stores are the LAST bastion for consumer protection, I've never shopped online until today and I've never had to write online about fraud/deception.. there are some things in life that are just beyond change, since humankind's inherent nature is in cheating/cutting corners to get ahead, I for one will always laugh at online shopping.

I thought I overspent for a ThinkPad at less that half the cost of yours, OP, it is indeed a HUGE price paid for a non-working, discontinued, brick of a laptop you got and I hope you recover the money as soon as possible, DO NOT accept another piece from those cheaters, they don't deserve your business. From your posts it's apparent that what you paid is a rather large sum for you, I think you should settle for a cheaper laptop and upgrade the specs yourself like adding RAM and SSD, or better yet buy a PS5 with 10 games if gaming is your end goal, it'll work out to less than 1/3rd the cost.
dark.knight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 09:33   #69
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the sealing tape that is being cut - it is obvious that the tape was opened earlier and then resealed. Either they sent an opened laptop or the creator of the video opened it and resealed it.
reignofchaos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 09:38   #70
Senior - BHPian

I refrained from posting on this thread so far, because I had my doubts on the veracity of the allegation. Basis what we have seen so far, all the evidences posted so far by the OP DO NOT Meet the requirements of the Evidence Act. If this matter goes to court, it'll not be in favour of the OP.

Furthermore, the companies that have had their reputation tarnished as a consequence, would almost certainly have an option to bring forth reputational damage proceedings against the OP.

My sincere advice to the OP would be to desist from further online engagement and meet a lawyer in case he wants to take this matter further.

Furthermore - I request the MODS to consider stopping this thread from rolling further considering that the allegation is in doubt and there is likelihood that we (the forum) may have been made an unwitting party to the perpetration of a fraud, considering this forum's reach and audience.

Last edited by roy_libran : 18th November 2020 at 09:43.
roy_libran is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 09:46   #71
BHPian

https://consumeraffairs.nic.in/theco...rce-rules-2020

Please read the new Consumer Protection Act and E-commerce Rules passed on 23 July, 2020 which offers a great ease for consumers and bargaining power as compared to previous consumer court and protection practices.

https://consumeraffairs.nic.in/theco...rce-rules-2020

Go through these rules and take legal action accordingly. The current government has taken great steps and simplified the process to empower consumers against such scams.
steadfast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 09:54   #72
Senior - BHPian

- Ideally people do not make unboxing videos unless they are vloggers / into similar act
- The unboxing is without audio
- There is a break between two videos, why it was not a single video?
- Even the break is significant (25 minutes)
- If courier company / their staff switched it, they could have parked brick or soap, why a broken / non-functional laptop instead?

This can well be a forensic case study; I have doubt over the claim made here.

Last edited by moralfibre : 18th November 2020 at 14:26. Reason: TYpo
i74js is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 09:55   #73
Senior - BHPian

Did the OP repack the item after seeing what was inside ? It does look like it.
Also, can he post the video with audio ?

I would give benefit of doubt to the OP. Still, there is some cheating being done and only law enforcement can do the right thing here. Team-bhp has been used wrongfully in the past.
srishiva is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 10:07   #74
Senior - BHPian

The whole thing looks suspect right from the packaging to the condition of the outer brown box and the black cardboard box. I don't want to take sides, but if indeed the customer got this package, it is quite possible that Tata Cliq didn't bother to check the product returned by another customer and decided to blindly ship the same.

As some BHPians pointed out, there are a few question marks about the video too, but understandable if he was using the same phone to capture images of the product.

What worries me is the level of fraud (someone clearly has malicious intent during this incident) in the Indian society. I feel lucky that the laptop I gifted my mom for her birthday last month came home in good condition.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 10:17   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post
* Have filed a grievance on National Consumer Helpline on 12th November, but it is still in process since then.

* Have filed a complaint on Cyber Crime Portal on 12th November, but no action till now.
Dispute resolution process on Consumer helpline portal is very slow. Sometimes it could take months to resolve a issue. I would suggest you to try your luck with "pgportal". I have used both of these portals, if you have any doubts you can message me personally anytime.
Meanwhile try to find out emails of the customer relationship officers of this company and its parent company and start to mail every single one of them.
pawank is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks