Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2020, 11:47   #91
BHPian

re: 2.7 lakh dispute with Tata Cliq

The last time I received a printer from amazon, I recorded the entire video (wife recorded, I was opening box) and was talking all the time of what I was seeing. For high ticket items, I have started to do this. Recently, in the flipkart sale, my dad got a samsung phone for 12K or so and we made the delivery guy sit and we recorded video when we opened the phones.

But couple of weeks back, my brother ordered some deo as there was some offer about 2 package for some 120 Rupees or so and in the amazon box, there were indeed 2 boxes of deos but only one has the actual cannister. We did get another deo after complaining to amazon but yes even for small items, people scam in online shopping.
raksrules is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 11:49   #92
Senior - BHPian

I was refraining from commenting but now seeing that other members are raising concerns, I would say that from one perspective this seems like a rather elaborate plan to fleece concerned ecommerce site.

I sincerely hope this is not the case and our platform is not being made a part of some nefarious scheme.
BANDHAV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 12:00   #93
BHPian

I think it will be sorted soon! I am sure they are not going to leave you in the lurch! Hold on a few more days, and do keep us updated!
Old 18th November 2020, 12:05   #94
BHPian

I also checked the warranty details in ASUS page using S/N from the box.

OP bought it in November and warranty starts from September. Ref,
Attached Thumbnails
2.7 lakh dispute with Tata Cliq-asuswarranty.png  

smnrock is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 12:11   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
What you point out seems to be correct. My guess is that Vikas stopped recording at the end of the first video and then opened the box. After discovering the VIAO inside, he decided to complete the unboxing video for evidence purposes and so repacked it and sealed back the tape himself.

This would also explain the time gap mentioned by the next poster.
This is the only reason of the two videos. When I saw the original box, I was somehow assured that everything is good till now so insides would be fine as well and in the eagerness stopped the video and proceeded to take the still images and then noticed the tampered seal and before opening the box started the second video of unboxing.
And that is my only mistake, I don't know what else should I do to prove it.

I have already filed in the cyber crime department and am liable to the penal action if any wrong is found. I would leave at them to do the forensic study of the evidences, rather than the "experts" here.

I am just a normal guy with a day to day job and a family to take care of, cheating is not my profession, nor would I dream to do something like this.

Just received an update that The cyber crime complaint has been transferred to the police station of my area. This is good and I would let them do the work now.

Here is the Google drive link with the audio for those wondering where the audio went: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...8s?usp=sharing

The jerk in the first video is the jerk when I went to pickup the camera. The camera was fitted on to a gorilla pod which was wrapped over a big cushion
Vikalp is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 12:15   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post
Hello everyone,
Being in the IT field with needs of video processing, code compiling etc. and similar tasks I needed to upgrade my laptop and had ordered one - (Product Link) from online shopping website TATA CLIQ on 2nd November 2020 for Rs.2,67,840.
Can you please share the following
1. Weight specified on Outer packaging
2. Weight specified on Actual packaging of laptop( Inside box )
3. Weight of laptop that you apparently received
4. Weight of laptop that you apparently should have received

From the video I saw weight of package as 2 Kg

But from the product page you linked the weight of laptop is specified as 2.99 Kg

Am I missing something here?? or is it some kind of new anti-gravity packaging technique.
Attached Thumbnails
2.7 lakh dispute with Tata Cliq-video.jpg  

2.7 lakh dispute with Tata Cliq-product-page.jpg  

The Mechanic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 12:15   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
I also checked the warranty details in ASUS page using S/N from the box.

OP bought it in November and warranty starts from September. Ref,
Does that mean that the product was registered even before I ordered?
Old 18th November 2020, 12:21   #98
BHPian

Quote:

I have already filed in the cyber crime department and am liable to the penal action if any wrong is found. I would leave at them to do the forensic study of the evidences, rather than the "experts" here.
Opinions are free in India and just like on news channels, automotive experts become forensic and legal experts without a blink. My point remains- why should a customer even record a video of the unboxing? Is it even mentioned somewhere?

Even the company won't want to go to a court over this.

Also, the laptop if stolen can be traced as soon as it connects to the internet, which it would because Windows won't start otherwise. Hope the police know all this and take this case forward. But I was surprised to see car experts becoming forensic experts. Great variety of talents.

I have no opinion about the veracity of this post or the videos, but I do feel that someone won't post his real name, address, twitter id etc. if they were faking stuff.

Last edited by Cessna182 : 18th November 2020 at 12:24.
Cessna182 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 12:25   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mechanic View Post
Can you please share the following
1. Weight specified on Outer packaging
2. Weight specified on Actual packaging of laptop( Inside box )
3. Weight of laptop that you apparently received
4. Weight of laptop that you apparently should have received

From the video I saw weight of package as 2 Kg

But from the product page you linked the weight of laptop is specified as 2.99 Kg

Am I missing something here?? or is it some kind of new anti-gravity packaging technique.
Thank you sir, this is another evidence, I still have the whole packaging, the bubble wrap and cardboard carton in which it was packed, I can weigh it now.
I know the laptop itself weighs 3kg, I scoured days on reddit and watching youtube videos researching it before I bought it.
I will do the weighing now.
Vikalp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 12:30   #100
BHPian

This is a fascinating thread. I have generally restricted my online buys to low value items under the Rs 4-5k range. I will closely stick to that going forward.

To the OP, I hope this is resolved soon and to your satisfaction. Whatever happens, look around you and realize that money is a very important thing but not the only thing. The pandemic has made us realize the value of our health and relationships.

To members skeptical about the OP's story and intention: please note that life is not black and white. What we can say with calmness and in hindsight is very different from being in the situation (and perhaps goofing up). Think about your own life and what you could have done differently in some moments.

Having scanned the OPs past posts, he does not come across as someone who will come up with this elaborate ploy. And I will generally plop for the underdog over the corporate. The latter have an enormous army of instruments at their disposal including limited liability and compensation clauses while all the OP can really do is yell really loud (digitally speaking).

On a side note - I bought my parents a new LED TV from Reliance Digital during the 15th August weekend sales. I used my ICICI card as Reliance was offering significant discounts on that
- The salesman was in a rush to complete the sale, despite me telling him that there is no need to rush. He used a non-ICICI POS and I was charged the full amount.
- The store guys including the Accounts chap then asked me to re-swipe the card on the ICICI machine assuring me the refund of the first transaction on the non-ICICI POS.
- 1 month of follow up resulted in the refund - of the Second transaction - the one made on the ICICI POS.
- 3 weeks of follow up later the Account chap at the store gave up on his Bombay based bosses and transferred money to me via his own PAYTM account.

I say all this to point out how quick these corporates are to take our money but to get money out of them is incredibly hard so I will support a fellow individual citizen any day.
Spaced Out is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 12:36   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Ideally that should be the case, but it could be also possible, that ASUS starts its warranty as soon as it imports in to the country and later updates the warranty based on the invoice date.

But personally i bought a lenovo laptop from amazon couple of years before and the laptop i received had usage marks which was difficult to capture in camera. Initially amazon did not honour my return request, but i found it was registered couple of months before. When i sent the warranty details from the Lenovo website, amazon accepted the return request.

Last edited by smnrock : 18th November 2020 at 12:43.
smnrock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 12:40   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
My point remains- why should a customer even record a video of the unboxing? Is it even mentioned somewhere?
You learn from others' experiences. In the early days of e-commerce (esp. Flipkart), there have been several instances of people receiving bricks or soap bars inside phone boxes. I've myself received a used, old vacuum cleaner through Amazon. But that was Amazon who replaced it no questions asked within a minute of lodging a complaint. Since, I record a video of the unboxing as well, on the rare occasion I order an electronic / big ticket item. This way, I've been able to prove a small furniture piece I received through Evok was received damaged.

In the absence of consumer protection laws and a rare but prevalent mentality to cheat, it is a fairly reasonable practice to record the unboxing so no one can blame you.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 12:55   #103
J4J
BHPian

Quote:
I also bought an Asus laptop. It registers during manufacturing/importing date and if we have a valid invoice, they consider that date. Else, manufacturing date is considered.

I saw the video, the seal was indeed tampered so this box was opened before.

Why do the customers have to provide proof of unboxing?
Can we demand the same from the company during packing and shipping the product? If not, then how can they demand same from us.

Or the best case scenario is that companies should make unboxing in front of delivery boys mandatory.

In such cases, it becomes very difficult for the customer to prove his/her innocence.

I also had ordered a monitor. I shot the full unboxing video and everything looked brand new. After that, I placed it on the table, added the stand and when i powered it ON it had panel damage with a 1cm line (I stopped recording after I found the product was new). I was literally on the mercy of the support team who luckily approved for replacement. When I asked them that I want new box to be opened in front of me, powered ON and then only I'll accept the delivery, they politely refused.

Also frequent replacements are not good either. I think they also judge a customer with these.
J4J is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 12:57   #104
BHPian

I cannot comment on this particular case. But I think multiple videos may be a common thing. In fact I always do multiple videos. Basically I stop recording after each stage. (I mean outer cover, inner box, switch on etc). Sigh of relief after each stage. Of course the gap is not as large as in this case.
I have never had any issue though.
Old 18th November 2020, 12:59   #105
BHPian

In my humble opinion, let us not play judge. Help Vikalp get solutions, and then its upto the ecommerce site and the courts to further the matter. Certainly not our jurisdiction.

And you might not like my opinion, but let's not turn the tbhp site into an igniting board for every issue each one of us faces, unless we've confirmed with witnesses. It will only reduce site value in the long term.
I myself was confused by the lack of audio, and the 25 minute difference in recording. But the things mentioned may have happened, they're just not for me (or majority of us) to say...

Secondly, no its not quite that easy to trace a stolen laptop as people say here. Remember, it could well remain off the internet for a long period. Windows 10 is a spyware, we all know, but not the same can be said for Windows 7, which is still perfectly installable on new systems (despite the update cramp by MS).
Not to mention Linux distributions which leave no trace online as long as you decide to.

Yes, our processors by Intel, AMD, ARM, etc are very much hacked from factories itself to send data at -3 kernel level, but they just run a Minix closed source OS, which can't help with tracing the hardware much, its built to serve UN purposes, terrorism-detection and all I guess.. And still they need open Wifi around. No one knows what it does though. Ok, I guess I spoke too much.
Samarth 619 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks