Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2020, 17:17   #121
BHPian

re: 2.7 lakh dispute with Tata Cliq

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Didn't notice that until you pointed out, yes you are right the first video itself is not continuous.

Secondly on closer look the sticker position in the first video and second video itself there is a variation. In the first on the letter "S" as seen in arrow mark doesn't match the same place on the second video. The sticker residue seen on the second video doesn't match the one in the first video
Nice catch!

I wish I could sympathize with the OP here but this single mistake is proof enough that it is a fraud that is being perpetrated on us fellow BHPians. I choose not to believe the OP until he is able to explain this.

2.7 lakh dispute with Tata Cliq-scrshot1png.jpg
civic-sense is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 17:21   #122
Team-BHP Support

These stickers are normally printed by CHA (clearing agents) and pasted at the time of custom clearance. It's mandatory to have MRP / date of Import etc. so I won't read too much, a genuine mistake, nothing to do with this case.

I had a similar experience many years ago, Blue Dart delivered an empty packet instead of an iPhone shipment, and BlueDart guys were sure that they have delivered correctly. Thankfully, Amazon was relatively new, and they issued a complete refund. During this time, because of our corporate relations with BlueDart, we could locate the missing handset. They conveniently declared that they found this at their warehouse.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 17:25   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Nice catch!

I wish I could sympathize with the OP here but this single mistake is proof enough that it is a fraud that is being perpetrated on us fellow BHPians. I choose not to believe the OP until he is able to explain this.

Attachment 2082018
Why are you comparing the seal on left and right side? You can see in both videos the seal is moved towards the left hence the tape glue residue will only be on right side and it will be fine on left side.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 17:30   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Why are you comparing the seal on left and right side?
If you mean the red arrows, they point 2 different contents.
Position of 'S' in left image and glue residue on the right image.
Mr.Boss is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 17:37   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Secondly on closer look the sticker position in the first video and second video itself there is a variation. In the first on the letter "S" as seen in arrow mark doesn't match the same place on the second video. The sticker residue seen on the second video doesn't match the one in the first video
I have refrained so far on commenting on this thread. But one thing that I expect from OP here is, if he has really unboxed it first time without capturing the video and did the unboxing for the second time to record it, he should come and clear this thing.
Because, as evident from these pictures, it looked like he removed the tape from the box and put it back between the first and second video.
kavensri is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 17:40   #126
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Nice catch!

Attachment 2082018
Just that you know, I only pointed out the difference in the video, never in any of my posts I accused the OP of any wrong doings.

I have said just a few posts ago that the youtube video now is moot at this point, Now I BELIEVE THE OP, read my subsequent post about package weight here.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post4934021

I think the sticker position change is due to this as explained by another member
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post4933912

BTW expensive item such as a phone etc that I buy online is always recorded. I just unbox in front of a cctv Ip camera. So that I don't have to ask some one to record or me trying to unbox with one hand.
I do not record unboxing if the item is sold by cloudtail but if the package looks damaged or tampered, I take it straight in front of a cctv camera and for capturing minute details I use the phone camera while the cctv is continuing to record.

Last edited by aim120 : 18th November 2020 at 17:43.
aim120 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 18:03   #127
Senior - BHPian

I will not comment on the authenticity of the OP here. Maybe he saw it the first time without a video and thought 'let me stich it back and record a video as a new unboxing,, its completely fine as long as he says he did that.

No one is obliged to open a parcel with a camera in hand, the company has to take his word for it or have a process where things are opened in front of their employees and then signed off.

Vikalp, about your issue, Vikas Purhoit responds to almost every LinkedIn post he is tagged in, you can go to his profile and check his history of replies. Make a LinkedIn post and tell him the entire scenario, that is your best bet to get some balls rolling in the right direction. Its only the head of the clan that can give you instant relief, rest all the routes will take sometime.

About you feeling depressed and horrible, I can understand, its a very big amount, its almost the ex showroom price of an Alto and it would take months and years for some of us to collect that to buy something like a laptop but don't fret, for such large organizations, this is chillar and to not tarnish their name, they will come to a resolution at the speed of light even if it means giving you a refund and not a laptop.
humyum is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 18:51   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I have refrained so far on commenting on this thread. But one thing that I expect from OP here is, if he has really unboxed it first time without capturing the video and did the unboxing for the second time to record it, he should come and clear this thing.
Because, as evident from these pictures, it looked like he removed the tape from the box and put it back between the first and second video.
Exactly! And even the theory of resealing the box for the sake of taking the video is full of holes.

One, it means that the OP shot the opening of the outer packaging, but stopped shooting after that and proceeded to open the ASUS box without video, discovers the VAIO laptop, put everything back, resealed the box, switched on the camera and start shooting again. Does not explain why he stopped shooting after he opened the outer packaging.

Two, the OP opened the ASUS box by peeling the tape, then saw the VIAO laptop, puts everything back, reseals the box, switches on the camera, and this time he decides to cut open the tape. Ain't that fishy? Clearly he had peeled the tape with the intention of resealing it.

Quote:
I have said just a few posts ago that the Youtube video now is moot at this point, Now I BELIEVE THE OP, read my subsequent post about package weight here.
I get your point, but it does not matter. Now that the seeds of suspicion are sown, it is for the benefit of all of us to get an explanation from the OP.

About the weight, no way a laptop of the last century would weigh less than 2kg. I had owned laptops in that decade, and they easily weighed around 3kgs. So if it was indeed the VIAO in the box, and the weighing is accurate, it could not have been 2kg. Probably, Delhivery applies uniform shipping rates for laptop shipments which they cap at 2kg.
civic-sense is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 19:39   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post

Steps already taken: -

* Have posted on Twitter tagging Tata Cliq: Link to Tweet

* Have filed a grievance on National Consumer Helpline on 12th November, but it is still in process since then.

* Have filed a complaint on Cyber Crime Portal on 12th November, but no action till now.

Please can somebody tell what should I do further to get my money back? I would be highly obliged.
That's shocking to say the least!!
Do tag TataCliq CEO and the CCO to your Twitter post.

Vikas Purohit (@vikaspurohit)
Dharmarajan K (@dharmarajan_k)

And if needed, Mr. Tata himself.

Ratan N. Tata (@RNTata2000) | Twitter

Last edited by HammerHead : 18th November 2020 at 19:41.
HammerHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 19:39   #130
BHPian

I think we should not judge OP based on the video recordings. I would give him this benefit of doubt just because I went through similar experience couple of months back with marshall speaker worth 40k rupees, and I didnt record anything. Thankfully amazon took return without much hassle but they could have just blamed me saying I switched the packaging, fake speakers etc.
Comrade is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 19:57   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
That's shocking to say the least!!
Do tag TataCliq CEO and the CCO to your Twitter post.

Vikas Purohit (@vikaspurohit)
Dharmarajan K (@dharmarajan_k)

And if needed, Mr. Tata himself.

Ratan N. Tata (@RNTata2000) | Twitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Vikalp, about your issue, Vikas Purhoit responds to almost every LinkedIn post he is tagged in, you can go to his profile and check his history of replies. Make a LinkedIn post and tell him the entire scenario, that is your best bet to get some balls rolling in the right direction. Its only the head of the clan that can give you instant relief, rest all the routes will take sometime.
Sir, I emailed Mr. Vikas Purohit, one Ms. Shivani replied on his behalf, saying they need time to investigate this and will revert back to me asap.
Vikalp is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 19:58   #132
BHPian

This is an interesting thread. I have never thought of video recording any of my online purchases when unboxing. I think the excitement gets the better of me.

This however begs the question, what are the safegaurds in place as a buyer (or as a seller) on an online platform in case someone claims they received an empty box? I have heard people receiving real stones in place of the actual product. How would things proceed then? I cant think of the fool-proof process, other than maybe credit/purchase history. But then there are so many first time buyers and so easy to register a new acccount.

I mean we live in a place where a lot of people dont think twice when ruining public property or exploiting a loophole in a process, how is it that the online shopping is not prone to this?

P.S. I am in no way trying to insinuate any opinion on the OP here. I am just curious.
Old 18th November 2020, 20:10   #133
BHPian

This honestly has me quite perplexed as someone who routinely buys high ticket items on Amazon and Flipkart. I've never recorded an unboxing of any kind but looking at situations like these, I think maybe it is...

I do hope we give OP the benefit of the doubt though instead of trying to pick holes in their story. If they're indeed scamming, I doubt they'd invite a spotlight on themsevles by trying to rally support in such a public manner in a forum they joined more than 2 years back -- doesn't really seem to be the most straightforward way to move forward.

I hope everything works out for you, OP. I really do.
lordtottuu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 21:13   #134
Team-BHP Support

Vikalp!

A member who is currently not participating on the forum has stepped in and forwarded the link and details of your issue to some very senior management of Tata Cliq. Hopefully, help is at hand shortly

Good luck!
ajmat is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 21:20   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Vikalp!

A member who is currently not participating on the forum has stepped in and forwarded the link and details of your issue to some very senior management of Tata Cliq. Hopefully, help is at hand shortly

Good luck!
Sir, thank you and the said member very very much! I am highly obliged!
Vikalp is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed