Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2020, 13:22   #1
BHPian

2.7 lakh dispute with Tata Cliq

Hello everyone,
Being in the IT field with needs of video processing, code compiling etc. and similar tasks I needed to upgrade my laptop and had ordered one - (Product Link) from online shopping website TATA CLIQ on 2nd November 2020 for Rs.2,67,840. I received the parcel on 7th November 2020 via Delhivery Courier. When I opened it, it contained an old and broken laptop covered in dust and insects crawling inside. The original laptop was not there instead a scrap old laptop with everything broken was inside. I was shell-shocked.
Since then I am trying to get my money back and have called numerous times to the TATA CLIQ helpline number, but every time they say "we have informed the concerned department and we will contact you back", but no one has contacted me so far.

I had also recorded the unboxing video of the parcel and sent them the very first day but still I don't see any positive reply from them and I am scared to death and on the verge of mental breakdown. Being backed by Tata brand I though it would be free of scams and that's why went for such high valued transaction online. I am very worried now.

Steps already taken: -

* Have posted on Twitter tagging Tata Cliq: Link to Tweet

* Have filed a grievance on National Consumer Helpline on 12th November, but it is still in process since then.

* Have filed a complaint on Cyber Crime Portal on 12th November, but no action till now.

Please can somebody tell what should I do further to get my money back? I would be highly obliged.

Thank you.

Unboxing videos:

Last edited by GTO : 17th November 2020 at 15:18. Reason: Adding videos
Vikalp is offline   (70) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 13:37   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2.7 lakh dispute with Tata Cliq

Did you pay by credit card? If you did, contact your bank and hold payment until resolution. Talk to customer care, its called dispute resolution.
Red Liner is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 13:39   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Did you pay by credit card? If you did, contact your bank and hold payment until resolution. Talk to customer care, its called dispute resolution.
Sadly my credit card didn't had the limit to carry out the transaction, so had to pay upfront from the bank account.
Vikalp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 14:11   #4
BHPian

I am sorry Vikalp, you have to undergo this fraud. What is traumatizing is the product is of high value. You are doing the right thing. Please continue the social media onslaught and upload the video on youtube and post it everywhere. They will be able to track and identify the fault lines, but please dont stop posting on social media until you get your money back. Also find the personal twitter handle of higher ups and tag. Hope your issue is resolved soon and you get back the money.
doxinboy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 14:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post

I had also recorded the unboxing video of the parcel and sent them the very first day but still I don't see any positive reply from them and I am scared to death and on the verge of mental breakdown. Being backed by Tata brand I though it would be free of scams and that's why went for such high valued transaction online. I am very worried now.

Thank you.
Tag PMO India on twitter. Also make a official complaint on PMO website stating all the details of complaints you have already made and their status.
mercedised is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 14:20   #6
BHPian

Well if you have recorded the unboxing video, just file a case at your nearest Consumer Court. You don't need a lawyer to fight the case. Just fill the application, pay the fees and send a notice to the company. They might reply after getting the notice otherwise you have to proceed with the case in court.
This is the only option for you if the company is not responding to other modes of complaint. And since you are on the verge of mental breakdown, don't forget to mention a decent amount as compensation!
CarNerd is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 14:23   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
* Have posted on Twitter tagging Tata Cliq: Link to Tweet

Please can somebody tell what should I do further to get my money back? I would be highly obliged.

Thank you.
I sincerely hope the messages posted by you on feeling depressed and ending your life is just to get the message ahead and not really your current mental situation. Things will get sorted out. And in the end (despite the delays to the final outcome), remember this is just a gaming laptop, a high-end luxury item that should not be EVER equated to even contemplating such negative thoughts.

Give yourself some patience and continue on the steps that you are have already taken up. If I had contacts @Tata Cliq, I would have shared the same. Hopefully someone on the forum is able to do so. But till then, ease up on the pressure and thoughts.
ninjatalli is offline   (58) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 14:33   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
I am sorry Vikalp, you have to undergo this fraud. What is traumatizing is the product is of high value. You are doing the right thing. Please continue the social media onslaught and upload the video on Youtube and post it everywhere. They will be able to track and identify the fault lines, but please dont stop posting on social media until you get your money back. Also find the personal twitter handle of higher ups and tag. Hope your issue is resolved soon and you get back the money.
Thanks will upload on Youtube and find higher authorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Tag PMO India on twitter. Also make a official complaint on PMO website stating all the details of complaints you have already made and their status.
Have tagged PMO twice but to no avail. Will try complaining at the official PMO website. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
Well if you have recorded the unboxing video, just file a case at your nearest Consumer Court. You don't need a lawyer to fight the case. Just fill the application, pay the fees and send a notice to the company. They might reply after getting the notice otherwise you have to proceed with the case in court.
This is the only option for you if the company is not responding to other modes of complaint. And since you are on the verge of mental breakdown, don't forget to mention a decent amount as compensation!
Thanks will look into the consumer court route as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I sincerely hope the messages posted by you on feeling depressed and ending your life is just to get the message ahead and not really your current mental situation. Things will get sorted out. And in the end (despite the delays to the final outcome), remember this is just a gaming laptop, a high-end luxury item that should not be EVER equated to even contemplating such negative thoughts.

Give yourself some patience and continue on the steps that you are have already taken up. If I had contacts @Tata Cliq, I would have shared the same. Hopefully someone on the forum is able to do so. But till then, ease up on the pressure and thoughts.
Sir, I was saving for this upgrade for years, that's why it is more traumatizing. I'd be able to buy such expensive things only once in a lifetime and getting scammed that one time is nothing less than a heart shattering experience. I am trying to cope as much as I can. Let's see what happens, thanks.
Vikalp is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 14:45   #9
BHPian

This scam is becoming very common. Tata Cliq had decent customer service earlier, not sure about what's happening now. You will get your money back, that is for sure.

I would suggest tagging the relevant folks from Tata Cliq on LinkedIn as well. I don't understand how this happened with Tata Cliq though. They were not a marketplace which means that the product went out from their own warehouse. It is possible that the courier company folks switched the laptop.

Be calm for now.
Cessna182 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 14:47   #10
BHPian

Sad to know of this, please stay strong. It is indeed a huge amount however at the end it is still money and not something that can not be replaced. Sooner or later, you will get what is rightfully yours.

Please try raising a grievance on this portal, https://pgportal.gov.in along with all the other steps that you have already taken. I have used this portal once and it did work for me, however my issue was not half as big as yours.
Engine_Roars is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 15:33   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
This scam is becoming very common. Tata Cliq had decent customer service earlier, not sure about what's happening now. You will get your money back, that is for sure.

I would suggest tagging the relevant folks from Tata Cliq on LinkedIn as well. I don't understand how this happened with Tata Cliq though. They were not a marketplace which means that the product went out from their own warehouse. It is possible that the courier company folks switched the laptop.

Be calm for now.
Thanks for the Linkedin idea, will find Tata Cliq employees there.
Don't know who switched the original product, the seller who shipped it has attached the e-way bill and proper original receipt of the product. I just hope Tata CLiq guys find the culprit and I get my money back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Sad to know of this, please stay strong. It is indeed a huge amount however at the end it is still money and not something that can not be replaced. Sooner or later, you will get what is rightfully yours.

Please try raising a grievance on this portal, https://pgportal.gov.in along with all the other steps that you have already taken. I have used this portal once and it did work for me, however my issue was not half as big as yours.
Thanks, will file a complaint at pgportal too. I have used pgportal earlier too, and it works in most cases.
EDIT: Filed complaint at PGportal.

Last edited by Vikalp : 16th November 2020 at 15:45.
Vikalp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 16:34   #12
BHPian

Quote:
I am scared to death and on the verge of mental breakdown.
Hey Vikalp. I am really sorry that you have to face such an issue involving so much money.

Like others suggested, please continue your fight and don't give up.

I totally understand how it feels to be cheated. I've recently bought a used Intel core i7 processor for 7.5k on OLX and the person cheated me. The processor was non functional and the person did not lift my call later. I was very annoyed with that incident. I tried selling the processor on OLX, but mentioned every buyer that it had issues. Well, I didn't want to be a cheat and so ended up keeping a useless processor and giving my long time savings to some idiot. But with time, I slowly got over it. Took more than a month to get over the fact that I just handed over 7.5k to someone for nothing. I can imagine how it feels to lose something in Lakhs.

But trust me man, these things aren't worth the mental breakdown. Please don't let them affect your health, physical or mental.

You have proof of purchase and a video of unboxing too. So you have substantial evidence that you bought a product from so and so seller and since the payment is via online route, you also have evidence that can't be altered by anyone. So it is just a matter of time before you get justice. I, on the other hand bought used with cash and so it was a dead end. So cheer up because your aren't on a dead end.

I know things seem to move pretty slow as of now, but that is how we perceive things when we lose something. Just give these issues some time and you'll see yourself with your money or with a new functional laptop soon.

Life is way beyond money and possessions. These are mere human creations and we shouldn't breakdown because of them. So yeah, you recieved a bad product and it's extremely expensive. But don't break for that. Just consider these few weeks as bad weeks of your life and let them pass. Don't at all let them affect you mentally. Be courageous and bold. Things will get back to normal.

I hope you get over this issue without any hiccups. Since you are not the one at fault, things will surely get better. Try writing to the CEO or some high head in Tata. Go to their website and hunt for e-mails or contact pages. You'll surely find them. They too can get things going. Attach pics and videos to everyone you write this to. Also CC the mails to the concerned authorities (IAS Cadre) of the state where CLIQ Jurisdiction comes under. I've had personal experiences where if the complaint is genuine, they do step in and respond. It takes weeks, but things surely move forward.

Just give it time and don't at all let it affect your health.
Take care man !

Regards
saisailendra is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 18:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

oh man. really sorry to hear this. could this dastardly deed be done by the delhivery team somewhere down the line?
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 18:36   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

First up, just relax. Sure this might be a substantial blow to your finances but trust me, everyone goes through such losses at some point or the other. But you cannot let this one negative experience mess up your head.

It's not over yet. You are doing all the right things. Try a few more which people have suggested here. I am sure you will be able to recover the amount, given you have all the evidence of the fraud with you.

Lastly, discuss this within your family if you haven't done this already. You don't need to go through this alone. Having someone you can discuss or talk to always helps.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 19:22   #15
BHPian

Quote:
I had also recorded the unboxing video .........

Steps already taken........
Dear Vikalp, you have already done the right things!
In addition I would suggest the following
a) visit your local police station, and check if you can lodge a FIR or atleast a written complaint.
b) Keep the media attention up(like the twitter post/ this TBHP post etc.), also try writing to your local news paper. You never know which channel wakes up the right persons.

It is natural to be worried at the prospect of losing hard earned money.

Thank your presence of mind in having recorded evidence of the fraud.

Do not worry, have patience. I'm sure this would be resolved - but this may take time since this would involve police etc.

Wishing a speedy resolution!!
whitewing is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks