Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: MacOS users, what do you prefer for a pointing device?
Mouse (regular mouse or magic mouse) 34 31.19%
Trackpad 75 68.81%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2020, 16:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: MacOS users : Mouse vs Trackpad?

Nice & Clean Setup !!
Which USB C Monitor is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
USB-C Monitor Desk Setup[/b] and since I had a budget in mind, I really couldn't afford to spend any more money on Apple's Magic Trackpad, though it was my first pick. I realised I'd also be losing out on TouchID and the TouchBar, which frankly becomes second nature after many years of use. Despite the cost, I really wanted to keep the setup clean, and so I decided to get a Wireless Mouse and Keyboard
Mugen_Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 08:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

I actually use both but use trackpad most of the time on my iMac and also my MacBook Pro. Any precision work that required pressing and holding the button along with movement is better done on the mouse but that apart, I dont really use mouse with Mac's at all.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 09:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Nice & Clean Setup !!
Which USB C Monitor is this?
MacOS users : Mouse vs Trackpad?-img_20200917_104305.jpg
It's a Lenovo Thinkvision P24h-20 USB-C Monitor and it was an accidental find to be honest. I was looking for a monitor with a multi-angle and height adjustable stand and had almost decided on a Dell P2419H since the USB-C Counterpart Dell P2419HC was north of Rs. 23000 or so, until I found this on Lenovo's site.

Standout points for this monitor :-
  • USB-C Power Delivery - Laptop Charges and Transmits Stream with just ONE Thunderbolt cable.
  • USB Dock Built-In (4 USB Ports)
  • Gigabit Ethernet Port Built-In
  • 2560 by 1440 Colour Callibrated 99% sRGB Panel
  • Tilt-Pivot-Swiwel-Height Adjustable Stand

The only downside is a small bug in the power delivery system which makes me turn OFF and ON this monitor after a while, but other than that, it is the best monitor you could buy for a USB-C MacBook, if one is on a budget. The best offerings are nearly half a lakh rupees. It's been a joy to work with!
fluidicjoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 16:53   #19
BHPian

I've been on the Mac ecosystem since 2003. A bunch of G machines, MacbookPros, MacPros, Air.. the entire range except the iphone. Both in work & personal space I have to deal with a Mac &/or a mouse on a daily basis. My preferred go-to was indeed the magic mouse.. over the years. I regularly use all the gesture swipes and shortcuts that's available on it.

Two years ago, got a gift from a friend that I've included in my collection, a vertical mouse. By JTech. They have a entire range of stuff available.. but are not officially available in India currently.

The usage has helped ease some strain off my wrist. THAT is very noticeable. It's great in the apps that I use for my work, has 5 mappable buttons, and I pretty much have the possibility to finish my work without even touching the keyboard. But its a bit clunky to be used inside the Mac OS.

So, I work with two different mouse.. one for the OS, and the other for my work apps. I have tried to use the pad at some point, but never quite got used to the fact that I had to move an empty hand with a pointed finger. I like the feeling of some weight while I'm using the mouse. The new ipadPro and pencil are part of my workflows.. sidecar and 'touch' gets handled there.

Attaching some pictures of the mouse setup.
Attached Thumbnails
MacOS users : Mouse vs Trackpad?-img_20201122_095346.jpg  

MacOS users : Mouse vs Trackpad?-img_20201122_095354.jpg  

MacOS users : Mouse vs Trackpad?-img_20201122_095247.jpg  

MacOS users : Mouse vs Trackpad?-img_20201122_095312.jpg  

MacOS users : Mouse vs Trackpad?-img_20201122_095323.jpg  

Shanmd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 16:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
Attachment 2083769
It's a Lenovo Thinkvision P24h-20 USB-C Monitor and it was an accidental find to be honest. I was looking for a monitor with a multi-angle and height adjustable stand and had almost decided on a Dell P2419H since the USB-C Counterpart Dell P2419HC was north of Rs. 23000 or so, until I found this on Lenovo's site.

Standout points for this monitor :-
  • USB-C Power Delivery - Laptop Charges and Transmits Stream with just ONE Thunderbolt cable.
  • USB Dock Built-In (4 USB Ports)
  • Gigabit Ethernet Port Built-In
  • 2560 by 1440 Colour Callibrated 99% sRGB Panel
  • Tilt-Pivot-Swiwel-Height Adjustable Stand

The only downside is a small bug in the power delivery system which makes me turn OFF and ON this monitor after a while, but other than that, it is the best monitor you could buy for a USB-C MacBook, if one is on a budget. The best offerings are nearly half a lakh rupees. It's been a joy to work with!
I will compare both models at current price levels.

Thanks for information and update.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks