Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2008, 21:38   #136
Senior - BHPian

I have just picked up a Vertex 2KVA Servo Stabiliser souped up to audiophile standards like thicker cables, better terminals, double stage filteration, EMI/RFI protection etc, etc.

The picture on my Panny 80D has to be seen to be believed! The colour, Contrast, and the Black levels have all seen dramatic improvement. The SD signals (Tata Sky) seems to have 'firmed-up' and become more solid! DVD signals upconverted to 720p and passed thru a HDMI cable is purely brilliant!

I am completely satisfied and recommend this wholeheartedly - get yourself the best possible servo - it makes a HUGE difference! (Be careful - there are a lot of cheap ones out there)

I have a Panny which pulls 350 W at full power (120-160 typical usage), an AVR which pulls 500 W , A DVD player that pulls say 10W, and am going to add a sub which will nened 300W . So this is a total draw of 1160W IF everthing is running at full power . Guess a 2KVA is enough for this?

Last edited by kb100 : 3rd December 2008 at 21:54.
Old 4th December 2008, 04:27   #137
BHPian

KB: Can you post the pic of the Servo and also give the dimension of the same? How much did it cost you?

Its really interesting to know you Pana's PQ improved after this which till know I never thought is possible.

From your figures I think 2KVA is enough. Usually we go 15% more than the max draw to be on the safe side.
Old 4th December 2008, 05:33   #138
Senior - BHPian

What now, another new one on teambhp ICEbergs, tyre/alloy icebergs, LCD TV iceberg, Stabilizer icebergs too!

ps:jk
Old 4th December 2008, 14:46   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
KB: Can you post the pic of the Servo and also give the dimension of the same? How much did it cost you?

Its really interesting to know you Pana's PQ improved after this which till know I never thought is possible.

From your figures I think 2KVA is enough. Usually we go 15% more than the max draw to be on the safe side.
Universal Electronics - Home

This is a company formed by ex-KryKard staff. They are one of the few people who will work with you to customise this to you own set of requirements.

Please note that the one I have is a souped up version - with better innards customised for AV requirements. It cost me 11,503/- for 2KVA - I am told 3 KVA would be around 12.5 k. Their regular one will be about 1.5-2k lesser. It looks exactly like the snap on the link above (the product on the left)

Please PM me if interested and I will give you the contact number of the company person.

The PQ is wonderful - even my 5 yr old daughter kept saying the picture is 'Blacker' - the contrast! And all the tickers on the bottom of the screen, logo's, etc. need to be seen to be believed! SOLID lettering! Wonderfully easy on the eyes! An isolation transformer I am told will futher improve matters - but my current level of equipment does not warrant it. The best option, I am told, is a double converting online UPS - this will however cost more than my Plasma!
Old 4th December 2008, 15:38   #140
Senior - BHPian

Cheap route to getting the thrills of a lasik procedure eh ? Heheh
Old 10th December 2008, 09:47   #141
BANNED

How can we select the right stabilizer for a home appliance based on the power rating of the appliance ?

Can someone please describe a universal calculation process ? I'm a moron when it comes to electricals !
Old 10th December 2008, 09:48   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
How can we select the right stabilizer for a home appliance based on the power rating of the appliance ?

Can someone please describe a universal calculation process ? I'm a moron when it comes to electricals !
For which appliance do you want.
It merely depends upon the current rating !
Old 10th December 2008, 10:24   #143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
For which appliance do you want.
It merely depends upon the current rating !
I want it for my fridge. BUT, is there any calculation process that can be used irrespective of the appliance.
Old 10th December 2008, 14:50   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

I am no electrician either, but if we know the number of kilowatts that the device is rated at then we will know what stabiliser to buy for it.

In practice, it is not necessary to know even this, because unless your fridge is unusually big, it will be enough to tell a good electrical shop that you want a stabiliser for fridge. If you want to spend more on a higher-rated stabiliser then they probably will not object --- but, for fridges and AC units the time delay function is important, protecting the compressor from short cuts, it being damaging to power them off then on again quickly.
Old 10th December 2008, 22:00   #145
Team-BHP Support

Want to buy new fully automatic machine.
Should take around 5.5-6Kgs
Should have drying function(though total 100% dry is not really a need)
Should have a water heater inside(I think stainless steel drum will be needed).

Can somebody suggest something in 15-16K range max?
We have an old sumeet fully automatic front loader, are there any exchange schemes going on?
Old 10th December 2008, 22:27   #146
BHPian

Check the IFB models from their site. Use compare-india for getting approx market price. You should get one in this range. There was also some exchange offer going on with the IFB models.
BTW Washing machines have very poor resale/exchange value.
Old 11th December 2008, 00:31   #147
Team-BHP Support

Ok.. Anybody can suggest me a good repair center for fully automatic front loaders in Noida?
Old 11th December 2008, 01:37   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Ok.. Anybody can suggest me a good repair center for fully automatic front loaders in Noida?
so you already have one?

wats the problem with the one you have!
Old 11th December 2008, 11:26   #149
Team-BHP Support

It does not dry now, the clothes come out dripping wet after drying cycle. Earlier they used to come out just moist(this is not 100% dryer). After taking out clothes there is still water in drum. I suspect the drain circuit has an issue
Old 11th December 2008, 13:20   #150
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I'm planning to buy a 230L frost-free Double door fridge. Prefers Samsung & Whirlpool brands.

So which one should I purchase taking into consideration A.S.S, quality & features ?
Any opinions about my query ?

Most Viewed