Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2011, 16:54   #2551
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

My IFB washing machine (8 years old) needs motor change, which will come to Rs.5000. I forgot the renew the AMC last year. Does it make sense to repair it or get a new one after exchange?
Old 8th December 2011, 19:15   #2552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
My IFB washing machine (8 years old) needs motor change, which will come to Rs.5000. I forgot the renew the AMC last year. Does it make sense to repair it or get a new one after exchange?
Talk to the service people. In our case also, the same thing happened, but they accommodated by renewing the AMC and changing the motor after a couple of weeks.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 20:32   #2553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Talk to the service people. In our case also, the same thing happened, but they accommodated by renewing the AMC and changing the motor after a couple of weeks.
They gave the same offer to me. They want me to wait for 45 days after taking a new AMC and then raise another complaint. Is that the process you followed? The old AMC expired last year.
Old 8th December 2011, 20:50   #2554
BANNED

^^^ I have bad experience with doing that - the parts replaced under AMC sometimes tend to be refubrished / reused parts.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 09:18   #2555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
^^^ I have bad experience with doing that - the parts replaced under AMC sometimes tend to be refubrished / reused parts.
That is bad. I will get it checked it I am going to replace it.
Old 13th December 2011, 09:26   #2556
BHPian

Hello All,
I am looking for kitchen Chimney and Burner/Hob for my New home.
I visited consumer fair on Saturday in Pune. I inquired with Faber, Hindware Italian collection, Kutchina (South Korean company).
According to tech specs (Metallic Fan and Sealed motor, Automatic cleaning) i am more inclined towards Kutchina but after reading service feedbacks on net, i kept it on hold.
Second preference is Hindware as it has all Metallic fan and filter. but it doesn't have automatic cleaning.
Faber only has Plastic fan which required frequest manual cleaning.

is good gas burner OK like Glenn or something similar or Hob is OK?
I heard that normal gas burner of good company is better regarding Gas consumption.

Need your suggestions please.
Old 13th December 2011, 10:13   #2557
BHPian

Need advice. We have LG FL washing machine which needs regular service. Don't want to approach LG for the same, as they try hard to sell AMC. Washing machine is 7 year old. Motor makes little sound. Is there any service center do these job in Bangalore?
Old 13th December 2011, 10:33   #2558
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Need advice. We have LG FL washing machine which needs regular service. Don't want to approach LG for the same, as they try hard to sell AMC. Washing machine is 7 year old. Motor makes little sound. Is there any service center do these job in Bangalore?
LG is the probably the best service I encountered. Call their toll free number - say you have a problem - someone comes within 24 hours & repairs. The phone operator doesn't even talk about AMC. The service charges are usuallt reasonable. In my last 5 visits from a LG guy, the guy who came mentioned AMC, but didn't really try to hardsell. Even if they do, it's not difficult to push back.
Old 13th December 2011, 11:28   #2559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Hello All,
I am looking for kitchen Chimney and Burner/Hob for my New home.
I visited consumer fair on Saturday in Pune. I inquired with Faber, Hindware Italian collection, Kutchina (South Korean company).
According to tech specs (Metallic Fan and Sealed motor, Automatic cleaning) i am more inclined towards Kutchina but after reading service feedbacks on net, i kept it on hold.
Second preference is Hindware as it has all Metallic fan and filter. but it doesn't have automatic cleaning.
Faber only has Plastic fan which required frequest manual cleaning.

is good gas burner OK like Glenn or something similar or Hob is OK?
I heard that normal gas burner of good company is better regarding Gas consumption.

Need your suggestions please.
Whats the suction power for each chimney ??

You should check on the blue flame and its control for Gas burners. There is significant difference if the burner is designed for blue flame control, food cooks faster and you save gas.

Hob or normal burner is just the design and look aspect, for the hob you will need to cut through your kitchen slab.

Last edited by dadu : 13th December 2011 at 11:30.
Old 19th December 2011, 11:31   #2560
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody have Panasonic refrigerator here? I am deciding between LG, Samsung and Panasonic to replace my old LG single door fridge. We are looking at a size of about 320L. Price is not very different and mostly in the 22-25K range. My wife liked Panasonic NRBU343SS model with bottom freezer, but I am not fully convinced of its durability and servicing aspects. Any experiences?
Old 23rd December 2011, 20:02   #2561
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi all,i had purchased an electric geyser,Usha Verve with a capacity of 15liters.It was installed in my bathroom as per the directions given by the company using their installation guide and on the mounting and screws provided by them.All was well for about 4-5 days till the intervening night of 21st-22nd Dec.At about 3:45am,i was startled out of my sleep by a massive thud and crashing sound.I was unable to understand what had happened.All i heard was water gushing sound.I got up,went to the WC only to see the geyser hanging by the electric cord! The geyser had come out with the mounting after the company provided screws failed.It fell on the wash basin dislodging it from its support and breaking a few hoses.Somehow i managed to shut down the water valve.
I'm posting this here so as to warn my fellow members that the mounting design and screws are faulty on this model.If you are installing this model,use a thicker and longer bolt to fix it.My geyser is now secured with 2 thick and long screws outside the bathroom.
I was wondering,had it fallen down when myself or anyone else would have been inside the bathroom,it could have proved fatal(weight of geyser=14kgs,plus weight of 15liters of water).I'm attaching a few snaps for the reference.
a,b- Crash site
c- geyser model
d- culprit screw
e- Current mount using 2 bolts
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-.jpg  

The Home Appliance thread-b.jpg  

The Home Appliance thread-c.jpg  

The Home Appliance thread-d.jpg  

The Home Appliance thread-e.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2011, 23:37   #2562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
after the company provided screws failed.
The screws failed? Or your wall failed to hold the screws?

Unless the screws actually broke, the latter is much more likely: how was the hole prepared before fixing the screw?

Can't judge scale from a photo, but it's true that screw looks a bit small. How long is it? Also hard to know size/weight of your water heater, but I think I'd want 1.5-inch minimum, and to know that most of that is going into wall not counting the tile layer. I'd also prefer rawlplugs, but the traditional wooden plugging should be ok if done properly.

Screws don't fail: the material they are screwed into does!
Old 24th December 2011, 00:01   #2563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The screws failed? Or your wall failed to hold the screws?

Unless the screws actually broke, the latter is much more likely: how was the hole prepared before fixing the screw?

Can't judge scale from a photo, but it's true that screw looks a bit small. How long is it? Also hard to know size/weight of your water heater, but I think I'd want 1.5-inch minimum, and to know that most of that is going into wall not counting the tile layer. I'd also prefer rawlplugs, but the traditional wooden plugging should be ok if done properly.

One of the 2 screws was broken(i dont have that pic with me).The one here is bent(not appreciable in the snap).It was affixed to a wall without tiles using the wooden block method.The geyser size i've mentioned alongwith its dry weight(as on the carton-14kgs plus the weight of 15liters of water).The screw size was 2inches.(sorry for the snaps,the sizes cannot be made out.)I feel that once one of the screws failed,the other one got bent and was pulled out by the weight.
Old 24th December 2011, 01:08   #2564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One of the 2 screws was broken ...
Please ignore my previous post! <Blush> Especially...
Quote:
... Complete rubbish, it seems

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 24th December 2011 at 01:11.
Old 24th December 2011, 09:53   #2565
Senior - BHPian

Since the Geysers hold a substantial amount of weight (due to water), always use anchor bolts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks