Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2012, 15:29   #2851
RAC
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
Hey Guys,
Just saw this product on Flipkart : Flipkart: Milagrow Redhawk Robotic Vacuum Cleaner: Vacuum Cleaner

Anybody here has any idea/experience in using this product? Sounds Funky!

--BB
I remembered reading about this device long time ago......specially about how it slipped thru the customs ....the link to the thread is below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...er-roomba.html
Old 19th April 2012, 16:26   #2852
Senior - BHPian

If you have space, then I suggest you keep the existing one and get another 250L, 350L or 450L refrigerator (what ever the home ministry fancies, you will soon run out of space any way). Two is always better than one - one for daily use one for medium to long term storage. Once you have two, you will be wondering how you managed with only one so long

Two also means that in case one blows you have some capacity. With modern refrigerators it is the electronics which blows due to bad power, and not the compressor motor. Getting a spare electronics module is both expensive and time consuming.
Old 20th April 2012, 12:12   #2853
BHPian

Which of these two would be a better option - 1) A combi microwave oven 2) Solo oven + OTG.
Requirements - Oven would be used for reheating, defrosting and other basic stuff. OTG would be used only for non veg dishes(read chicken).

As of now i have zeroed in on Morphy richards OTG and a Samsung solo. The cost comes upto 11k. Should i go ahead with this or am i better of buying a single combi oven for my needs ? If so which one ?
Old 20th April 2012, 14:03   #2854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_9327 View Post
Which of these two would be a better option - 1) A combi microwave oven 2) Solo oven + OTG.
Requirements - Oven would be used for reheating, defrosting and other basic stuff. OTG would be used only for non veg dishes(read chicken).

As of now i have zeroed in on Morphy richards OTG and a Samsung solo. The cost comes upto 11k. Should i go ahead with this or am i better of buying a single combi oven for my needs ? If so which one ?
I have purchased a LG microwave (MW+grill+convection) about 6 months back. But most of the time, the oven is used only for reheating leftovers. The grill and convection modes are used only once in a bluemoon.

Grill+Convection feature is generally available in bigger capacity models only.

Still, a single combi appliance occupies less space as compared to a solo oven + OTG.

If you have space available for 2 separate appliances, you may go for it. Cost-wise, it works out roughly the same.

Rohan
Old 20th April 2012, 16:53   #2855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_9327 View Post
If you have adequate space in your kitchen, you can go for solo + OTG as OTG gives better results in grilling than combi oven.

If you are not much into grilling and kitchen space is a constraint, go for combi oven.
Old 20th April 2012, 16:54   #2856
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I have purchased a LG microwave (MW+grill+convection) about 6 months back. But most of the time, the oven is used only for reheating leftovers. The grill and convection modes are used only once in a bluemoon.
I have used a microwave for the last 13 years (lots of different ones). In my opinion, for most people who own microwaves in India & abroad, the main use of a microwave is to reheat leftover food.
Old 20th April 2012, 18:14   #2857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Am looking at something in the range of 350 ltrs or above and in the price range 35-40k. Any suggestions ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
LG has 350 litre fridges from around 26-27K onwards, I think. If you are satisfied with LG why look for another brand. LG easily has the best service as per my experience and quality is also good.
Even, I'm looking for 350 l of refrigerator. Preferred brand is LG. My old one is also LG. Another brand is Samsung where I can see only conventional 2 doors refrigerator. I am looking for model F419BLQ. It is less than 350L but it has water dispenser. Which I think is usable during summer and rainy season. It has bottom freezer as well. It will cost me ~35K.

When I went to LG Store this model is not available for display. Anybody using this model? If yes, please provide feedback for same.
Old 23rd April 2012, 08:17   #2858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Even, I'm looking for 350 l of refrigerator. Preferred brand is LG. My old one is also LG. Another brand is Samsung where I can see only conventional 2 doors refrigerator. I am looking for model F419BLQ. It is less than 350L but it has water dispenser. Which I think is usable during summer and rainy season. It has bottom freezer as well. It will cost me ~35K.

When I went to LG Store this model is not available for display. Anybody using this model? If yes, please provide feedback for same.
Most of the latest models from LG isn't available anywhere in Bangalore. I checked for a few models and no one has even heard of it. The LG shoppe also had no clue about the latest launches.

I finally decided on this model of Samsung : RT59FBSL - OVERVIEW | SAMSUNG India . Most places were offering the same price of 53k and no discounts either. Suits my needs and was released last year in November is what I was told.
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:29   #2859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Most of the latest models from LG isn't available anywhere in Bangalore. I checked for a few models and no one has even heard of it. The LG shoppe also had no clue about the latest launches.

I finally decided on this model of Samsung : RT59FBSL - OVERVIEW | SAMSUNG India . Most places were offering the same price of 53k and no discounts either. Suits my needs and was released last year in November is what I was told.
Bottom freezer model was not available and they said only one piece is there in go-down. I denied it. I went for model LG - 408YSQ4 (390 Litres) LG GL-408YSQ4 Double Door Refrigerator - 390 Litres Frost Free Refrigerator with Green Ion Door Cooling Technology - LG Electronics IN from LG Shoppe at Pai Layout, Old Madras Road.

They delivered it immediately in the evening on Saturday.
Old 24th April 2012, 17:24   #2860
BHPian

Hi Folks,
We are in the process of building a new kitchen from scratch and have gone in for a modular setup using Hettich products. Now we need to pick up the following in built components:
1. Three burner Hob
2. Chimney
3. Oven
4. Dishwasher

Checked out the usual suspects like Faber, IFB and Kaff but not sure which one to pick. Looking for high quality components that won't fail on us with a nice stainless steel finish. Budget is roughly 1L. Would be great to get feedback and recommendations. Thanks!
Old 24th April 2012, 17:43   #2861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
following in built components:
1. Three burner Hob
2. Chimney
Past 2.5 years, I'm using Elica hob and chimney in my kitchen. No problem faced till date and both are working fine. Yes, I also have 3 burner hob at my home and Elica has some good models.

Faber, Kaff etc also have three burner hobs but it is small in size (impractical) and in square shape and not usable with all three burners. I selected Elica, it is actually rectangular one and at the same time all three burners can be used.

Refer this page of Elica: http://www.elicaindia.com/product-sh.../built-in-hobs

Last edited by anujmishra : 24th April 2012 at 17:45.
Old 25th April 2012, 10:27   #2862
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,
We are in the process of building a new kitchen from scratch and have gone in for a modular setup using Hettich products. Now we need to pick up the following in built components:
1. Three burner Hob
2. Chimney
3. Oven
4. Dishwasher

Checked out the usual suspects like Faber, IFB and Kaff but not sure which one to pick. Looking for high quality components that won't fail on us with a nice stainless steel finish. Budget is roughly 1L. Would be great to get feedback and recommendations. Thanks!
Hi Vcash,

I am also looking at Hettich for my kitchen. Could you please let me know the total cost for the modular kitchen. My apartment is still under construction, so is there anything that needs to be considered so that installation will be easy?
Old 25th April 2012, 11:56   #2863
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Folks,
1. Three burner Hob
2. Chimney
3. Oven
4. Dishwasher

I have one Faber Cooking range, one Hob and one Chimney 9Hood) for over a decade. Very satisfied. My son bought a 4-burner table top hob from them. Again excellent. In the newer units they have replaced the mains powered ignition with a battery one (handier due to power cuts). I have also just ordered their 9213 dishwasher with another order with finish for the detergent, salt and shine.
Old 25th April 2012, 16:08   #2864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Past 2.5 years, I'm using Elica hob and chimney in my kitchen. No problem faced till date and both are working fine. Yes, I also have 3 burner hob at my home and Elica has some good models.

Faber, Kaff etc also have three burner hobs but it is small in size (impractical) and in square shape and not usable with all three burners. I selected Elica, it is actually rectangular one and at the same time all three burners can be used.
Thanks for the suggestion but it seems that Elica does not have a sales or support network in Jsr. Incidentally, the other brands now have rectangular hobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post
I am also looking at Hettich for my kitchen. Could you please let me know the total cost for the modular kitchen. My apartment is still under construction, so is there anything that needs to be considered so that installation will be easy?
The channels start at around 2k per set. By the time you consider granite, ply, labor and tiles it will work out to about Rs. 4500 to Rs. 5000 per square foot. You can get ready made modular setups for under 4500 psf but then quality can get a bit suspect. Biggest problem is that the premade guys use MDF boards which don't have a shelf life (pun intended) of more than 4 to 5 years. My only tip to you would be to invest in good quality marine ply if you decide to get the kitchen built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have one Faber Cooking range, one Hob and one Chimney 9Hood) for over a decade. Very satisfied. My son bought a 4-burner table top hob from them. Again excellent. In the newer units they have replaced the mains powered ignition with a battery one (handier due to power cuts). I have also just ordered their 9213 dishwasher with another order with finish for the detergent, salt and shine.
Hearing good things about Faber all around. Probably getting the hob and chimney from them. Still undecided on the dishwasher and oven - the sales guy in Jsr does not have support for these products yet. Thinking of getting IFB Sine they are well established but heard very average things about the Neptune DX model. Any other suggestions?
Old 26th April 2012, 09:20   #2865
BANNED

@vcash; I will avoid IFB like the plague. Their service used to be good, but is now atrocious. I used them for over a decade but no more.

Most Viewed