Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2012, 10:47   #2866
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Past 2.5 years, I'm using Elica hob and chimney in my kitchen. No problem faced till date and both are working fine. Yes, I also have 3 burner hob at my home and Elica has some good models.
Unfortunately, my experience is not the same. The installation was shabby. Elica sent another guy to fix the issues but as per him the original installer had not installed some components and I need to pay for them again. The first guy was no more with the company...

A few months back, a technician who came for cleaning the chimmney used some abrasive cleaner damaging the glossy finish. Again another guy came to handle the complaint and said that cleaning will damage the finish and if I want, he can remove the glossy finish on the entire unit
Old 26th April 2012, 11:57   #2867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Unfortunately, my experience is not the same. The installation was shabby...

A few months back, a technician who came for cleaning the chimmney used some abrasive cleaner damaging the glossy finish...
It is after sales service issue not the product issue. They have excellent product. Also, installation was not rocket science and you could have monitored it. I always monitor installation of any home appliances and doubly check that everything is proper.

Second, why do you need technician to clean the chimney ? I never needed technician to clean the chimney. We used to do ourselves and fixed part get cleaned with mild soap water & lemon with cotton cloth.

Once in week, we used to wash baffle filter in soap water. That's all. My chimney is still shining like new and full clean inside and outside.

Last edited by anujmishra : 26th April 2012 at 11:58.
Old 26th April 2012, 12:09   #2868
Senior - BHPian

Bought a new Samsung RT32CDUX1 refrigerator to replace my 10 years old LG single door. Evaluated multiple models from Panasonic and LG before finalizing on this. Material quality of shelves and other fittings inside and a polished exterior look made the decision easier. Cost me 25k from ezone Koramagala.
Old 26th April 2012, 12:48   #2869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is after sales service issue not the product issue. They have excellent product. Also, installation was not rocket science and you could have monitored it. I always monitor installation of any home appliances and doubly check that everything is proper.
You cannot expect everyone to be technically adept or have the time to monitor every minute detail. For example, what if someone orders a product for his aged parents at his hometown? Do you expect him to travel and supervise the installation?

After sales and installation (for which you have paid extra) is very much part and parcel of the product and the company is responsible for every issue.

Quote:
Second, why do you need technician to clean the chimney ? I never needed technician to clean the chimney.
It is a matter of preference. How may of us clean our cars ourselves and how many hire someone to do the same? It is the same logic.

PS: Why are you defending a product as if you have vested interest in the same? I shared my experience and you are putting the blame on me.
Old 26th April 2012, 14:13   #2870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You cannot expect everyone to be technically adept or have the time to monitor every minute detail. For example, what if someone orders a product for his aged parents at his hometown? Do you expect him to travel and supervise the installation?

After sales and installation (for which you have paid extra) is very much part and parcel of the product and the company is responsible for every issue.
There could be n number of hypothetical questions. what if? Sorry, I do not have answer for everything. This could have been happened to any brand whether Kaff, Faber etc. I feel sorry for you. Installers will come and go and company will pay them, they do not care. It is you with whom product will be there all the time. So, if you take time just to supervise, it will give you mental satisfaction and peace, like I have and you do not have.
Also, to do this little time management needed, I feel it is lacking.

Quote:
It is a matter of preference. How may of us clean our cars ourselves and how many hire someone to do the same? It is the same logic.

PS: Why are you defending a product as if you have vested interest in the same? I shared my experience and you are putting the blame on me.
Many of team-bhpian clean and polish their cars themselves. Just go to car cleaning and polishing/detailing threads. You will come to know. Also, please compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. Chimney is small household product unlike big car kept in garages.

PPS: I am defending as I am highly satisfied and I know two, three satisfied families also. See, many of t-bhpians give their cars for service and give personal attention to all problem and ask SA about the same. They come out satisfied after service, unlike persons who give their cars to service and take back in evening and after 2 - 3 days starts a "Bad Experience" thread. Friend, This is not perfect world & country. No hard feeling.
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:13   #2871
BANNED

Finally some joy from Reliance Digital

We bought an LG washing machine from Reliance Digital early in March. The jokers (they were definitely not technicians) made a mess of it, and also pocketed the four mounting bolts and two bungs (leaving two in situ), amongst other things. I raised noise with Reliance Digital, so the same evening another technician came and removed the two remaining bungs and promised to get the bungs and bolts sent to be after Holi. Nothing happened for over a month and a half, so I wrote to Reliance customersupport@resq.in and the same afternoon I got a call. Explained the problem to them. Then nothing for a week. So I sent a second mail on Mayday also threatening to post their service on the IITK Intranet. The same afternoon a person came with the bungs (four) and four bolts.

So making noise does help!
Old 7th May 2012, 07:08   #2872
BHPian

Vents, filters for electric chimneys

Electric chimneys are now widely used, but I wanted to understand if they come with proper filters, vents to ensure the exhaust is thrown out completely and does not enter the neighbour's home. Do these filters, vents have to purchased separately or do they come with the chimney?
Old 7th May 2012, 12:38   #2873
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vents, filters for electric chimneys

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Electric chimneys are now widely used, but I wanted to understand if they come with proper filters, vents to ensure the exhaust is thrown out completely and does not enter the neighbour's home. Do these filters, vents have to purchased separately or do they come with the chimney?
Yes thats what its meant to do, so they are designed for that. Ideally they should be installed close to the vent but for any additional piping/plumbing, its paid service.

Filters also come built in but if you need spares, you have to buy them.

Last edited by dadu : 7th May 2012 at 12:39.
Old 7th May 2012, 14:03   #2874
BANNED

@CBlazer and @dadu; When I bought my Faber chimney in 2001 there was a clear distinction between Indoor and Outdoor venting models. The former had better filtration but in the normal mode (they could be switched to outdoor) recirculated the air, which for the latter a vent pipe leading outdoors was required.

In today's chimneys I do not see this distinction any more. So I presume all are indoor type with adequate filtration to avoid smell & fume buildup.
Old 7th May 2012, 17:57   #2875
Distinguished - BHPian

I think one should go for outdoor-vented, even if a closed, recycling system is possible.

One of the advantages of an extractor is that, in pumping air out of your kitchen, obviously it pulls air in. Thus, for instance, cooler air from the AC hall can be drawn into the kitchen to make life more comfortable there.
Old 8th May 2012, 09:36   #2876
BHPian

Thanks folks. We were looking at installing one for our kitchen. I wasn't aware there were models that could filter and recirculate air too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
One of the advantages of an extractor is that, in pumping air out of your kitchen, obviously it pulls air in. Thus, for instance, cooler air from the AC hall can be drawn into the kitchen to make life more comfortable there.
In the outdoor models shouldn't the vent be long enough that it takes the exhaust up to the roof where it is safe to be released? I mean are the fans powerful enough for that or is it model specific? We live in an area where houses are pretty close to each other.

Well, we've seen (what we feel is a dangerously bad) example of outdoor venting in our neighbourhood. The vent just brings the exhaust out of the kitchen wall and blasts out at people climbing the stairs in the adjacent house - feels something like those hotel kitchens. What's worse is that the fumes enter the higher floors of all neighbours. I want to pick the right model to avoid something like this happening.

Last edited by CBlazer : 8th May 2012 at 09:37.
Old 8th May 2012, 11:41   #2877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In the outdoor models shouldn't the vent be long enough that it takes the exhaust up to the roof where it is safe to be released?
No. It is not like this is poisonous exhaust gas from a motor: it just harmless kitchen smells.

Blasting it into someone else's property, on the other hand, would be pretty rude. Your concern is appreciated
Old 15th May 2012, 13:33   #2878
BANNED

hello friends,

i just bought a small vacuum cleaner. it cuts out after apporximately 3-5 mins. it heats up and then does not come on for 10-15 mins.

Is this behavior normal ?

thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 14:08   #2879
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
i just bought a small vacuum cleaner. it cuts out after apporximately 3-5 mins. it heats up and then does not come on for 10-15 mins.

Is this behavior normal ?
This is the thermal cut out coming into play. This behaviour is abnormal, and can only happen if the inlet or filter are clogged. Either the thermal relay is bad or not enough air is getting to it to cool it.
Old 15th May 2012, 16:14   #2880
BANNED

thanks, i don't expect either to be clogged as yet as it got delivered only yesterday and is a brand new sealed piece.

i called up the company and they are sending me a replacement piece. i'll update it's performace.

Most Viewed