Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 17:45   #301
Senior - BHPian

My vote goes to Whirlpool. It has been working well for the last three years - happy with the cooling and the features.
Old 19th May 2009, 18:30   #302
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Anyone using Samsung washing machines & refrigerators ?

Also, which model of Samsung refrigerators ? Looking at about 230L, if possible freezer at bottom.
Parwath, i have been using a Samsung Silver Nano refrigerator since the past 3 years. Best part is that it has an inbuilt stabilizer eliminating the need for an external one. I dont remember what the capacity is. It however, does not have the freezer at the bottom.

It cools really well, and has never given me the need for any complaints. I would give it a thumbs up!
Old 19th May 2009, 18:51   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Parwath, i have been using a Samsung Silver Nano refrigerator since the past 3 years. Best part is that it has an inbuilt stabilizer eliminating the need for an external one. I dont remember what the capacity is. It however, does not have the freezer at the bottom.

It cools really well, and has never given me the need for any complaints. I would give it a thumbs up!
Hi Benny,

I think we are in the same boat.I have been using the Samsung Nano Fresh refridgenator without any issues for the past three years.But,i am using an external stabiliser since the voltage fluctuation is more in my place.

Condor,

You can go for Samsung refridgenator.
Old 19th May 2009, 21:15   #304
BHPian

I have one question for the guys have 2 door refrigerators.
Do you feel that the fridge part of the refrigerator loses cold faster when compared to single door 165/190 lt refrigerators?
I recently switched to 2 door model(samsung bottom freezer), and in the last full day power cut observed, that the fridge compartment was almost at room temperature after 8 hrs of power cut. Freezer however, still had the ice cubes as it is.

Regards,
Old 20th May 2009, 14:41   #305
BHPian

Guys, I'm looking to buy a fullu automatic washing machine to be used by two people. Any suggestions on capacity and what brands should I be looking at? I'm leaning towards Top loading as Front loading would be an overkill just for two people.

Godrej seems to be cheapest, but are they good in A.S.S? Should I go in for a plastic drum or steel drum?
Old 20th May 2009, 15:50   #306
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
I'm leaning towards Top loading as Front loading would be an overkill just for two people.

Godrej seems to be cheapest, but are they good in A.S.S? Should I go in for a plastic drum or steel drum?

True, godrej looks like extremely low end price wise. I have used it for 2 years, without any problems except rats. I had to call in the service personnel at least 3 times to deal with rat damage. They were prompt - and at that time I was at a place approx 20 km from Trichur. I guess it would be better in bigger towns.
Only complaint I have about it is that wash cycle starts from the beginning in case of power failuer. Thsi was a 4.5Kg capacity machine.

Currently using a 4.5 kg capcity IFB. They too have excellent service - service personnel arive within 8 working hours of lodging complaint. Only about 20 calls in 4 years. (auto start on door close failing (4 times), bearing failure (3 times), motor replacement (once), leak and rust of outer cover - current problem). Looks like I got a lemon here. Unfortunately, I was at trichur when Parents purchased this one.

What counts is machine capacity I suggest you go in for a 4.5 KG capacity front loader. It is far more economical on power and water. And your family will grow in a couple of years, right?

Edit - the godrej machine is in storage right now.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 20th May 2009 at 15:52.
Old 20th May 2009, 16:02   #307
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Guys, I'm looking to buy a fullu automatic washing machine to be used by two people. Any suggestions on capacity and what brands should I be looking at? I'm leaning towards Top loading as Front loading would be an overkill just for two people.
I've been using an IFB Senorita 5kg (front loading), and though i am satisfied with the rest of the product, the constant dancing around the house during the spin dry operation has left me a little irritated. Am yet to get my lazy bones to lodge a complaint against the issue though.

While the initial usage was meant for 2 people, the family has now grown to include an infant, and is under much increased duty these days.
Old 20th May 2009, 16:06   #308
BHPian

benbsb29... i too have the same model and the same problem as well. the washing machine during spin dry creates a hell of noise and moves around.
Old 20th May 2009, 16:14   #309
BHPian

Did you move your IFB recently? I have experienced this a lot (over 9 years of IFB usage).

The problem happens (even in a brand new machine) when it isn't leveled properly - did you check for that ?

When the machine is first installed, it is run in the spin cycle without any clothes/water inside and then leveled so that the vibrations reduce to the minimum (and it runs a lot quieter).
Old 20th May 2009, 16:49   #310
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
benbsb29... i too have the same model and the same problem as well. the washing machine during spin dry creates a hell of noise and moves around.
We arent the only ones facing this. If you go back a few pages on this very thread, there are a lot more people who have reported the same issue with their machines. Some have just comes to acceopt it as part of the parcel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
Did you move your IFB recently? I have experienced this a lot (over 9 years of IFB usage).

The problem happens (even in a brand new machine) when it isn't leveled properly - did you check for that ?

When the machine is first installed, it is run in the spin cycle without any clothes/water inside and then leveled so that the vibrations reduce to the minimum (and it runs a lot quieter).
My washng machine has been in the same location since it was bought some months ago. When newly installed, it didnt have this problem, but looks like over a period of spins this has worked out the levelling, and hence this dance of ecstacy.

With regards to the last para, is that even allowed? Would there be no damage running the machine under no load conditions?

Will need to schedule an appointment with the IFB support team to take a look at the issue.
Old 20th May 2009, 20:33   #311
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My washng machine has been in the same location since it was bought some months ago. When newly installed, it didnt have this problem, but looks like over a period of spins this has worked out the levelling, and hence this dance of ecstacy.
Bend down and adjust those adjustable pegs, check by using some force and ensure the machine is standing firm without a shake and your problem will be eliminated to a GREAT extend. Have the same machine which had similar issue and it took 5 mts of wrestling to sort it out.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th May 2009 at 20:34.
Old 20th May 2009, 20:37   #312
BHPian

Thanks guys, even I was looking out for the IFB option. Parents have it and it runs smoothly without any issues. But Fully automatic IFB's start at 14-15K which is a bit over my budget.

Any other brands that are worth considering?
Old 20th May 2009, 20:54   #313
BHPian

I am using IFB washing machine (executive plus with parents and Senorita for my family) models for last 9 years and I would say, they are the most trusted appliances till date in our home. We bought the external stand sold by the dealer( IFB approved) for both the machines and they do their duty stuck to their place..During the initial stages, the machines used to do their duty every alternate day. But, lately due to kids adding up to the family, we are almost using them daily and till date, they are doing their job like trusted lieutenants.
Old 21st May 2009, 12:26   #314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I've been using an IFB Senorita 5kg (front loading), and though i am satisfied with the rest of the product, the constant dancing around the house during the spin dry operation has left me a little irritated. Am yet to get my lazy bones to lodge a complaint against the issue though.
Finally got myself to register an online complaint against the issue today. Lets see how fast and efficient IFBs online complaints addressal mechanism is. Time starts now.
Old 21st May 2009, 14:15   #315
BHPian

Any brand of washing machine which can dry the clothes fully? Fully as in immediate wearable condition after the wash without hanging them outside? OR do we get separate spindryers which can dry the clothes completely? I have never seen any here & hence this question.

Most Viewed