Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2012, 18:26   #3136
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Guys, Came across this ad while watching TV "Vegetable and Fruit Purifier" by Kent. Anybody has any ideas/experiences on this gadget/product?

Linky: http://www.kent.co.in/product/kent_v...purifiers.aspx

The site says it "Remove Harmful Chemicals, Insecticides & Germs From Fruits, Vegetables & Meats"

And does the following!

Quote:
-> Based on Ozone technology with an exceptional power to kill Bacteria, Viruses, Fungus and other Pathogens
-> Effectively oxidizes residual chemicals and Bacteria from surface of vegetables & fruits
-> Helps in cleaning antibiotics and hormones that invariably remain in meat, fish & other seafoods
If it really does what it claims, its pretty awesome!! Any thoughts?

Last edited by bond_bhai : 4th September 2012 at 18:29. Reason: Spell check
Old 4th September 2012, 18:33   #3137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Siemens or Bosch? I have read through quite a few viewpoints on Siemens but none on Bosch in this forum.

Travelwriter
Well I got BOSCH 1860 ,5.5 KG washing machine for 28.3 K from CROMA around a month back . Very solid and sturdy so far . Its silent in operation . . I recommend BOSCH .Installation at home and demo was professional .

If you have budget go for a bigger drum ,like 8kg one , which is 45 K ,you will not regret , instead of 2 loads , you can do it in one load .

Last edited by black12rr : 4th September 2012 at 18:37.
Old 4th September 2012, 20:01   #3138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
Guys, Came across this ad while watching TV "Vegetable and Fruit Purifier" by Kent. Anybody has any ideas/experiences on this gadget/product?

Linky: http://www.kent.co.in/product/kent_v...purifiers.aspx

The site says it "Remove Harmful Chemicals, Insecticides & Germs From Fruits, Vegetables & Meats"

And does the following!

If it really does what it claims, its pretty awesome!! Any thoughts?
It may remove surface impurities, but problem with fruits and vegetables is that they have systemic impurities due to them being dipped in chemicals and absorbing the same into their system.
Old 5th September 2012, 09:08   #3139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Siemens or Bosch? I have read through quite a few viewpoints on Siemens but none on Bosch in this forum.
In a way it is good. Now they are the same, in olden days Bosch was the label of and manufactured by IFB so information would have been confusing.
Old 5th September 2012, 09:16   #3140
Distinguished - BHPian

For my new home, the architect is insisting on a left-handed fridge since otherwise removing and putting stuff would be inconvenient from the kitchen. I tried asking at some local stores and checked online as well but not sure these are available in India. For reference, please check this.

Any ideas? Vijay Sales guys told me Haier makes a LH fridge but I would like to have some choice in brands.
Old 5th September 2012, 09:38   #3141
BANNED

Many refrigerators have doors the hinger of which can be moved to the other side. I will be surprised if the 'foreign' brands do not cater to this.
Old 5th September 2012, 10:49   #3142
Senior - BHPian

I searched for a left side hinged model for quite a bit and was rewarded with blank stares. Finally had to settle for a regular door.
Old 5th September 2012, 12:27   #3143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
For my new home, the architect is insisting on a left-handed fridge since otherwise removing and putting stuff would be inconvenient from the kitchen.
As already mentioned - some models have the option for switching the door to either side.

Or else, see if a side by side design will work.
Old 5th September 2012, 12:41   #3144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Many refrigerators have doors the hinger of which can be moved to the other side. I will be surprised if the 'foreign' brands do not cater to this.
Yes, mine does.

It's original location was in a corner. Without this feature, it would have meant opening the door away from the wall and creating a barrier.
Old 5th September 2012, 13:43   #3145
Senior - BHPian

Left hand doors are not new, our 15 year old GE has the option to switch hinges and it takes no more than 5 minutes. Anyhow coming to present times, Sharp currently has an entire range wherein one can switch the hinges to left or right and they have one model which allows the user to open the door from either side on the fly. One can open both the freezer as well as the fridge door from either left or right without the need to do anything else. Just pull the handle from the side you feel like / need to and that is it. Saw this a couple of weeks ago at the local Sharp store in the neighbourhood market. Since it is available via the authorized channel, should be available in other cities too, the key being Sharp 'brand shops'.

Quote:
For my new home, the architect is insisting on a left-handed fridge since otherwise removing and putting stuff would be inconvenient from the kitchen. I tried asking at some local stores and checked online as well but not sure these are available in India. For reference, please check this.

Any ideas? Vijay Sales guys told me Haier makes a LH fridge but I would like to have some choice in brands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I searched for a left side hinged model for quite a bit and was rewarded with blank stares. Finally had to settle for a regular door.
Old 5th September 2012, 14:39   #3146
BHPian

Quote:

sharp butterfly - 60k 350 odd liters
Old 16th September 2012, 13:03   #3147
BANNED

guys kindly suggest a good Electric Chimney brand for the kitchen and also where i can buy it in delhi. Any particular showroom/shop where i will be able to see various models on display...?

thanks.
Old 16th September 2012, 14:15   #3148
Senior - BHPian

Open today's magazine section of TOI or HT, loads of adverts from the current brands namely Faber, Elica & Kaff. Buy anyone with 'Baffle' filters and wherein the control buttons are not located on the same panel which also holds the filters. BTW Faber & Elica are both made in the same factory in Pune, so look around and you will find similar models albeit with different prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
guys kindly suggest a good Electric Chimney brand for the kitchen and also where i can buy it in delhi. Any particular showroom/shop where i will be able to see various models on display...?

thanks.
Old 16th September 2012, 21:37   #3149
BANNED

thanks khoj, hope you are doing well. i went to a store near by and checkout out the brands you mentioned along with ekko & sunflame. will make a decision in 2-3 days.

i remember you recommending AO Smith water heater when we spoke last on the phone in regards to my AC needs. what size/capacity ltrs do you recommend for a person using shower for 15-20mins ? i'm still very confused about this...

thanks & cheers.
Old 25th September 2012, 16:37   #3150
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

This is not a 'pure' home appliance question - but couldn't find any other relevant threads. My flat is a reasonably new one - 5 years old. All wiring is hidden etc.

The modular switch/plug plates are a huge problem - I am talking about these kinds of things - http://2.imimg.com/data2/FE/UQ/MY-26...50-125x125.jpg.

There are rectangular holes in the wall and these are fitted to cover the holes - so that i looks like it's attached to the wall. The problem is that most of these have started coming out - the screws have started becoming loose - different switchboards are in different conditions of repair. One board has fully come out & it's hanging out with the hole fully uncovered - if I ask an electrician to tighten it - it's stays tight for 2 days before again starting to come out. Another one is loose but still not come out - but will do so in a year or so.

What's the solution for this - how can this be fixed?

Most Viewed