Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2012, 19:08   #3376
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Where can I buy descaling power (used for removing hard water deposits from the washing machine tub) ?
Rohan
http://www.ebay.in/itm/FORTUNE-DESCA...item416eb7ed54

I use this company's Dishwasher detergent and find it pretty good. I have not used the descaling powder though.
Old 22nd December 2012, 01:55   #3377
BHPian

Need to buy a 4 slice pop-up toaster. Never used one in my life, apart from hotels. Also, it'll be used twice a week for 6-8 toasts every time. Please reply soon and make my mornings less hungrier. Max budget 1800
Old 22nd December 2012, 10:15   #3378
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Need to buy a 4 slice pop-up toaster. Never used one in my life, apart from hotels. Also, it'll be used twice a week for 6-8 toasts every time. Please reply soon and make my mornings less hungrier. Max budget 1800
Many major brands have a two slice auto units, some also have four slice units.
Old 22nd December 2012, 11:13   #3379
BHPian

^ To add to this, when hot, it generally takes less than 90 seconds to toast 2 slices of bread to light brown.

Regards,
Mohit
Old 22nd December 2012, 22:41   #3380
BHPian

Hi Team,

Today in the morning when I was about to awake, my mother gave me a shock that the Gas leakage was happening when she tried to use our 5 years old Gas Geyser for bathing.Immediately I rushed to the cylinder and cut the gas supply from the Gas regulator.That very moment I decided that today the Electric water heater will be purchased to cut this danger out of my life, since my parents are a bit reluctant w.r.t. the Electric Geyser due to electric shock danger, I searched and decided for the A O Smith unit with 25 L water heating capacity.

In the evening, went to Reliance Store and booked the A O Smith
SBS-25 L storage model with additional warranty from Reliance.
http://www.aosmithindia.com/images/A...ER-LEAFLET.pdf .
Total cost was INR10618.The representative told me that the unit will be delivered the following day and the installation will be done on the next day of delivery. I requested him for installation to be done on urgent basis, to which he agreed but dint commit.

Now, I am eagerly waiting for the installation and finally saying good bye to the pain of getting the cylinders from the Gas agency every month, since in our area they dont provide the home delivery. Al tough, they never refused regarding the availability of the cylinder.

Regards,
Lalit Tyagi
Old 23rd December 2012, 00:10   #3381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Y A G I View Post
Hi Team,

........my parents are a bit reluctant w.r.t. the Electric Geyser due to electric shock danger..........
Get a RCCB http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Residual-current_device installed with the house main. If not possible to connect with the main install with the geyser atleast.
Old 29th December 2012, 08:46   #3382
BHPian

I am in the lookout for chimney and hob for our new house and saw an ad in papers today from Elica. They have a combo offer for 21k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
One thing you must know before buying a hob that their burners are italian by design and hence have slow cooking. Atleast 20-30% slow cooking than conventional burners.hence cooktops are a better choice but elica has indian oriented burners. So it would be best to buy elica.
Thanks! This has been insightful, and I didn't knew about it. The ceramic black burners look nice, but I guess we need to go for the indian brass burners. The one they offer in the combo is the ceramic ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Past 2.5 years, I'm using Elica hob and chimney in my kitchen. No problem faced till date and both are working fine. Yes, I also have 3 burner hob at my home and Elica has some good models.
Anuj, which model of chimney do you use? Today's ad featured Spot60 model, which seems like a split model, where the motor is mounted remotely. Any idea what are the cons of this arrangement?
Old 29th December 2012, 09:12   #3383
BHPian

Have the conventional 3 burner stainless steel gas stove and a induction. Thinking of replacing them with the Prestige Hybrid black top. Good idea?
Old 2nd January 2013, 15:06   #3384
Team-BHP Support

Which is the smallest two door frost free refrigerator available in India.

Budget can go upto 25k.
I just want the smallest one.
Must be available in either black or grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Hi Guys

Looking for a new refrigerator. I saw a sharp 2-door 185 ltr and a LG 258VE5 model. After looking at the various GodRej, Whirlpool, Samsung models in a single shop these were the two I liked over there. Yet to see other shops so ...

Are these brands durable and service free for their lifetime? How is their service network ?

I am looking at the smallest 2-door possible.

Sorry If this has been discussed but there are too many pages in this thread to browse in half hour and find the answer.

TIA
--Ragul
So what did you finally buy?

Last edited by bblost : 2nd January 2013 at 15:50.
Old 2nd January 2013, 15:24   #3385
BHPian

Guys, planning to go in for a washing machine, have through lots of posts in this thread still i have a query on Front loaders v/s top loaders,
1) Is the additional money worth for the front loading machines (I am being sponsored for the buy upto 15k anything more i need to pay, so if i go for a front loader is it worth the 10-15k + investment)
2) Usage is for 2 people , daily wash & dry
3) Suggestions for any present models
Old 2nd January 2013, 15:34   #3386
BANNED

Front v Top v Twin Tub. All three have their specific markets where they are preferred. Front loaders - Europe, Top Loaders - US of A, Twin Tub - Land of the Rising Sun. One cannot say one is really better than the other. I have been using front loaders for about thirty years, and swear by them.

Let me add that you need not run it every day, and just run the machine when you have accumulated a full load. Now we are also two my wife and yours truly. We run the machine twice or thrice a week. All linen also goes there.
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:55   #3387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Guys, planning to go in for a washing machine, have through lots of posts in this thread still i have a query on Front loaders v/s top loaders,
1) Is the additional money worth for the front loading machines (I am being sponsored for the buy upto 15k anything more i need to pay, so if i go for a front loader is it worth the 10-15k + investment)
I have a Samsung front loader 5kg fully automatic purchased in June 2011 for 15200. It's great value and runs 2 cycles minimum daily.
Old 3rd January 2013, 11:38   #3388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
IMO, A good top loading machine would be sufficient.
Old 3rd January 2013, 11:44   #3389
Senior - BHPian

http://www.indiegogo.com/meterplug

Nice energy meter for your appliances. Guessing the european plug type would be compatible here.
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:57   #3390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Which is the smallest two door frost free refrigerator available in India.

Budget can go upto 25k.
I just want the smallest one.
Must be available in either black or grey.

So what did you finally buy?
I am actually surprised about this requirement.
Are you limited by the floor space for the fridge?
Because in case you are not - having a fridge larger than what you think is necessary always works out good a few years down the line.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks