Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2013, 20:30   #3496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post

A hood less chimney basically recirculates the air through a carbon filter, which is what removes all the grime. So, the efficiency should be good - provided the filters are changed in a timely fashion.
Provided it HAS a carbon filter!
Old 2nd March 2013, 20:49   #3497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Hi,

I love grilled/bar-b-qued food and I am planning to purchase a cooking range to prepare them at home.

Could you please suggest:
1. If cooking range is the best bet for me or if there exists a better option. I have tried microwave oven with grill, but the outcome was not perfect. I am hoping that the cooking range would solve the purpose.
2. It looks like most of the cooking ranges in India are gas operated. Is there going to be any problem with gas operated ovens?
3. I am not sure about the brand that I should opt for. After looking at Kaff, Glen and Elica, I liked both Kaff & Elica, but Elica seems to be built a little better and also cheaper than Kaff - not sure about Elica's reliability though. Is there a better brand that I am missing?

I have shortlisted a couple of options:

1. Elica - http://www.elicaindia.com/product-sh...es/F-6402-NGRH - Rs.37000

2. Kaff - http://kaff.in/templates/product.php...id=167&startp= - Rs.43000

I look forward to your thoughts as I would like to purchase in a day or two. Please suggest.

Thanks!
My 2 Paise:

We chose a gas oven because constant electric supply is not a guarantee in our country. It's also cheaper to run, at least on the subsidised cylinder.

But do pay attention to the burners that come with the oven. For this purpose alone Indian makes are better suited to our type of cooking as well as utensils. If you must buy the fancy European design make sure it has at least one triple ring burner. After all you (or your better half) will be doing far more regular cooking than baking and grilling stuff.

We bought a Sunflame range first and then a Faber heatkraft later. The Sunflame may be a little crude but the burners are better.
Old 3rd March 2013, 00:02   #3498
BHPian

Re: Gas cooking range

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
BTW the model of Elica that you say is made in Europe or EU for that matter. Was this actually on the device or on one of the web pages, do clarify. If it were on the range itself please share the specific model number.

As for the fridge all of the makes listed by you are well known brands. I would suggest that you go with a balance of features (such as Inverter tech), personal liking(of the lady of the house) and support availability. Of these I think Panasonic is the strongest in terms of support and overall reach. The rest would more or less be in the same boat.
Elica's F 6402 NGRH cooking range was on display at a local store and its back side had a label that said "Made in Europe" along with the other specs.

Also, how important are the following features in a cooking range:
1. Rotisserie - Cheaper ones doesn't seem to have this feature
2. Convection - I couldn't find a cooking range with this feature. But the built in ovens seems to be have this option.

I have almost decided to purchase the Panasonic refrigerator (Model number: NR-BU303SS) for Rs.22000. I hope this is a good price.

Thanks!

Last edited by ece2k2 : 3rd March 2013 at 00:07.
Old 3rd March 2013, 00:13   #3499
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post

But do pay attention to the burners that come with the oven. For this purpose alone Indian makes are better suited to our type of cooking as well as utensils. If you must buy the fancy European design make sure it has at least one triple ring burner.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Could you please let me know the time it typically takes to clean the oven after a cooking session.
Old 7th March 2013, 15:17   #3500
Senior - BHPian

My 5 year old Samsung refrigerator has become more noisy these days. Many time I hear some 'tak' sound. Other times, I hear some motor noise as well.
I don't think the fridge had these noises earlier.
Is the fridge dying? Can I save it?

Edit: It appears the cooling of the fridge has increased, though we have not touched the dials.
Old 7th March 2013, 19:19   #3501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion.

Could you please let me know the time it typically takes to clean the oven after a cooking session.
It doesn't take long. If there is too much splatter then you may need to use some oven cleaning liquid like CIF. But there is nothing that cannot be dissolved with some regular soapy water, a thorough soak and a rub down. I don't recall cleaning the our oven in ages, but that maybe because we don't grill meat (at all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
My 5 year old Samsung refrigerator has become more noisy these days. Many time I hear some 'tak' sound. Other times, I hear some motor noise as well.

Edit: It appears the cooling of the fridge has increased, though we have not touched the dials.
Recently our Direct Cool Kelvinator (must be a good 10 years old now) started making a 'TRRRRrrrrr' noise on each start. I thought of the worst but it turned out that the condensate drain tray had dislodged itself and was rubbing against the body making a rather loud hum/ noise. It was simple fix for us, just check for the same, S_U_N.
Old 11th March 2013, 09:38   #3502
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi All, need expert advice on which refrigerator is better - Samsung or Bosch ?

Have shortlisted the below models

Bosch - KDN 42AL501

Samsung - RT50 KZRSL

Am looking for peace of mind after buying the fridge with long life & good customer support in case anything conks !

Am more inclined towards the Bosch for its German design and have never tried anything other than Japanese ones, am thinking of buying one to see if its performs better !
Old 11th March 2013, 10:13   #3503
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post

Am looking for peace of mind after buying the fridge with long life & good customer support in case anything conks !
Go for a Korean one. I would recommend LG - their products are good and customer service is outstanding.
Old 11th March 2013, 19:41   #3504
Senior - BHPian

I would go for a Korean or Japanese product as
. They have a reasonably good product today
. Their service network is much better
. The Western goods are no longer bulletproof and rugged as they once were, in fact most of the so called Western White Goods are OEM from China.
Old 11th March 2013, 20:25   #3505
BHPian

Quote:

Not sure, but it could just be the starter relay. Easy replacement.

Old 18th March 2013, 19:30   #3506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
This looks interesting. I was going "on and off" on idea of buying a chimney thinking about the ugly outlet pipe running all around the kitchen and the job of getting a hole done in the wall for outlet and all.

Is this hood-less chimney efficient enough for not so high oil based cooking?
Also, what is the power consumption for your chimney?

Regards,
Agree with Lithium Sunset. No poiint in having a chimney, if there is no outlet for the smoke and the smell. If its a new apartment, then you can have your kitchen done in such a way that the pipe in concealed.

If the outlet pipe can be concealed smartly, then the chimney itself will look pretty good. I know I am refering to the aesthetics of the chimney rather than the functional value. I am probably one of the few that got a chimeny for the look of it too! There are pretty awesome designs , but most of them tend to fall in the minimalist category. However the fiesta chimeny from Gilma looks awesome. you can check the entire range here.
Old 19th March 2013, 13:18   #3507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Not sure, but it could just be the starter relay. Easy replacement
I think this would be it.
However, it seems everything is fine as per one technician whom I called.
He advised me to go for a stabilizer for fridge.

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th March 2013 at 14:18. Reason: Please do not quote large text, videos or images
Old 19th March 2013, 21:05   #3508
BHPian

Quote:
I think this would be it.
However, it seems everything is fine as per one technician whom I called.
He advised me to go for a stabilizer for fridge.
Well, if the fridge has an internal stabilizer, and if the technician says the fridge is OK, then it could just be the stabilizer making the tak tak noise each time your electricity fluctuates. Are you facing an unusually crappy electricity quality at your place these days?
Old 20th March 2013, 09:18   #3509
BANNED

@hellmet; Most refrigeration equipment nowadays uses a PTR and not starting relays.
Old 20th March 2013, 14:27   #3510
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, what is the smallest sized refrigerator? Brand Recommendation and Approx pricing?

I plan to get one just to store beverages as summer is already in.

Our large fridge is currently overflowing and other fridge went kaput.

P.S: What do we normally do for fridges that go kaput? Sell it in kilogram basis or give it away ( if yes, who will take a non working fridge?)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks