Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2013, 23:35   #3676
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

The waste water is going to be proportionate to your usage, not to the capacity of the unit or its storage.
Old 27th May 2013, 23:44   #3677
Distinguished - BHPian

Also doesnt quantity of wastage depend upon how hard your water is? The harder the water, the drainage is more. So in case water quality is good, I mean soft wastage wont be an issue.
In my native we get ultra hard water from our borewell. The RO unit drains water in a 1:1 Ratio. Sadly the water cant be used for any other purposes than maybe for the plants etc.
Old 28th May 2013, 10:58   #3678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I am looking for the service contact in Bangalore for my LG front loading washing machine. Somehow i could not get through their toll number. Its a 7 year old machine and make noise while the drum spins.. Bearing problem? Any idea how much will be the repair cost?
Where are you located in Bangalore? I know their service centre near Marathahalli, it is located here : http://goo.gl/maps/QapFZ
Also their regional office is located near Koramangala Bus stand : http://goo.gl/maps/pjJC6

Since you are not able to get through the call you can try these directly. In case you are staying far from either of these locations do let know I will try getting the office phone numbers
Old 6th June 2013, 16:46   #3679

I need to buy a double door refrigerator asap. Please suggest me some good options from reliable brands.

We visited a few electronic shops yesterday and found out Samsung and LG offering some good products. Both the companies are offering 10 years warranty on compressor. And also the body is coated with leather finish paint which looks pretty durable as compare to the plastic and rust-prone body.
Old 6th June 2013, 23:03   #3680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR-06 View Post
I need to buy a double door refrigerator asap. Please suggest me some good options from reliable brands.

We visited a few electronic shops yesterday and found out Samsung and LG offering some good products. Both the companies are offering 10 years warranty on compressor. And also the body is coated with leather finish paint which looks pretty durable as compare to the plastic and rust-prone body.
We just went out and bought a fridge for ourselves today. Looked at many options. Were most impressed with Bosch variants. If width is not an issue for you have a look at Bosch. We thought they were very efficiently designed.

Since width was an issue for us, we had to go for for a 431 liter Sharp @ 40.5k. Both brands themselves are old but 'new' entrants to our shores. We had a slightly bad experience with an expensive LG in the family. Samsung too didn't fit due to the width issue. So the Koreans were kept out.

How good the Sharp turns out, only time will tell. They do say that they don't make them like they did 15 years ago. Our 15 yr. old direct cool Kelvinator is still going strong but we were running short on space so the upgrade.

BTW, Bosch has 1+4 yr. warranty, while Sharp is offering 1+7. The warranties are indeed better with the Koreans (on select models).

And oh, we were looking for rather larger capacity fridges, so some of the above may not be applicable to your case. I would certainly suggest that you buy something that's @ 100 liters larger than your current requirement.

Last edited by LithiumSunset : 6th June 2013 at 23:09.
Old 7th June 2013, 02:30   #3681
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
BTW, Bosch has 1+4 yr. warranty, while Sharp is offering 1+7. The warranties are indeed better with the Koreans (on select models).
How much is the warranties with the Koreans?
Old 7th June 2013, 06:28   #3682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post

How much is the warranties with the Koreans?
1+9 years.

In all cases the first year is full cover for the fridge, thereafter its only the compressor.
Old 7th June 2013, 11:44   #3683
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest a Whirlpool Proton range. Its actually a 3 door refrigerator(the third chamber is a separate space for veggies). The good thing about thing is it uses less electricity and is durable. The price is a bit on the higher side (close to 30) but I can vouch for its quality.

Do take a look.
Old 7th June 2013, 12:40   #3684

Quote:
We just went out and bought a fridge for ourselves today. Looked at many options. Were most impressed with Bosch variants. If width is not an issue for you have a look at Bosch. We thought they were very efficiently designed.

Since width was an issue for us, we had to go for for a 431 liter Sharp @ 40.5k. Both brands themselves are old but 'new' entrants to our shores. We had a slightly bad experience with an expensive LG in the family. Samsung too didn't fit due to the width issue. So the Koreans were kept out.

How good the Sharp turns out, only time will tell. They do say that they don't make them like they did 15 years ago. Our 15 yr. old direct cool Kelvinator is still going strong but we were running short on space so the upgrade.

And oh, we were looking for rather larger capacity fridges, so some of the above may not be applicable to your case. I would certainly suggest that you buy something that's @ 100 liters larger than your current requirement.
Congratulations on your new buy!

Well, Bosch did lure us at every store that we visited. My wifey and I were really impressed with its elegant looks and the built. But we had to rule it out for its over-large capacity, which we found overmuch for the needs of family of just two.

After having checked almost all the brands, we have finally made up our mind to go ahead with this variant from Samsung and most probably would get it delivered today. Insha'Allah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I would suggest a Whirlpool Proton range. Its actually a 3 door refrigerator(the third chamber is a separate space for veggies). The good thing about thing is it uses less electricity and is durable. The price is a bit on the higher side (close to 30) but I can vouch for its quality.

Do take a look.
Thanks for your suggestion!

We did come across the model that you are suggesting, but it failed to caught my wifey's attention. She is more conscious about the overall looks of the fridge, whereas I have been considering the technical aspect the same.

But anyway, while making the final purchase we would make sure we check it once more from a different perspective.
Old 7th June 2013, 14:49   #3685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But we had to rule it out for its over-large capacity...
That is not a problem: the more loosely packed in your clothes are, the better they will wash!
Old 7th June 2013, 15:24   #3686
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have heard all good things about Sharp. Though, they are in a niche segment, hence may be pricier than LG or Samsung (IMO) but owners stand by this product.

I got myself a 300 ltrs Panasonic refrigerator last year. I like its simple, yet elegant look and that non-flashy steel color. The concept of bottom-freezer is very practical for everyday use. I don't know how much is true, but Korean makes probably rust faster than Japs. Heard from a friend. Had a bad experience with LG ones and even worse with the service centre. Vowed never to have an LG again. And I trust the Japs on electronics. All these made me go for the Panasonic.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 7th June 2013 at 15:26.
Old 8th June 2013, 01:28   #3687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

That is not a problem: the more loosely packed in your clothes are, the better they will wash!
Thad, HR-06 is out to buy a fridge!

:-)
Old 8th June 2013, 13:40   #3688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Quote:

Thad, HR-06 is out to buy a fridge!

:-)
Ohh, I thought Bro Thad was being sarcastic with his comment, but your comment now make it look as if he was serious about it.

Old 8th June 2013, 13:49   #3689

We have finally bought for ourselves Samsung frost free in cherry colour (253 ltr capacity). Would start using it in a few days time and would see if I get time to post a short review.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for your valuable suggestions. I plan to buy some more home appliances. Look forward to bugging you soon in the same thread.
Old 8th June 2013, 13:58   #3690
Distinguished - BHPian

A fridge, is it? Oh well, in that case the very opposite applies, and...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks