Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2014, 13:29   #4261

Re: Best Washing Machine-Input your guides!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Find out about the service standard of IFB at your place. It would be better if any friend/ relative of yours have an IFB appliance. They will be in the best position to tell you about service. If the service is good, go for IFB. The products are really good & reliable.

I would prefer it over the Koreans.
Thank you Saket. There is a IFB point coming up near my home. Will check in and decide. Me too prefer IFB over the koreans.
Old 25th February 2014, 13:39   #4262
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I am from Bangalore and the water is hard water.
If the water is hard and does not taste sweet & light to drink, go for an RO system. I think Kent is the best in business currently. Last year, we opted for Grand Plus - Kent, which cost us 16K plus some extra pipes and an external prefilter which were roughly another 1.5K. Nice system, works well like it is supposed to. Just it wastes lot of water- but that is true for all RO systems.
Old 25th February 2014, 13:41   #4263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I am in the market for buying a water purifier - but really confused with all the brands.
What all parameters should I look for when I choose the water purifier?
We used an Aquaguard from Eureka Forbes in Bangalore and it served us well. But I hear these days Kent RO is the preferred brand.
Old 25th February 2014, 14:25   #4264
BANNED

@noopster; In RO the kings are Kent and ZeroB. Eureka are the best in non-RO stuff. Remember Kent uses UV for polishing while ZeroB uses Iodine.
Old 25th February 2014, 14:45   #4265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the water is hard and does not taste sweet & light to drink, go for an RO system. I think Kent is the best in business currently. Last year, we opted for Grand Plus - Kent, which cost us 16K plus some extra pipes and an external prefilter which were roughly another 1.5K. Nice system, works well like it is supposed to. Just it wastes lot of water- but that is true for all RO systems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
We used an Aquaguard from Eureka Forbes in Bangalore and it served us well. But I hear these days Kent RO is the preferred brand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@noopster; In RO the kings are Kent and ZeroB. Eureka are the best in non-RO stuff. Remember Kent uses UV for polishing while ZeroB uses Iodine.
Thank you guys - I am looking for a RO+UV system, but would like to know what all things \ Parameters to check before I decide on one.
Old 25th February 2014, 15:07   #4266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you guys - I am looking for a RO+UV system, but would like to know what all things \ Parameters to check before I decide on one.
Then go for Kent Grand Plus with eyes closed. This model is selling in good numbers which means that procuring filters & other parts will be easy in future compared to models from other manufacturers which are not moving off the shelves frequently. For such purchases, serviceability is the key. Most of the RO systems will otherwise offer the same purity of water.
Old 25th February 2014, 15:13   #4267
Senior - BHPian

DONT buy Kent for the service.

Its a crappy company.

For a 14k unit, I was forced into a 1.8k AMC. Without AMC, I had spares worth 1100 fail me (between a couple who are home only 12 hours a day!). I got the AMC only to find out it doesnt apply in Chennai - outside NCR you need an AMC with your local dealer which is as costly and doesnt cover a few free parts (UV bulb and choke and taps and whatnot) that were covered in Delhi. Service charge here was 500 unlike 350 or so in Delhi (yes I called up five local dealers only to hear the same price!).

Needless to say, they're not anywhere as awesome as people make them out to be. The technology is a commodity - buy from the one nearest to you who can also give service. Kent has zero accountability for service outside NCR.
Old 25th February 2014, 15:48   #4268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then go for Kent Grand Plus with eyes closed. ... Most of the RO systems will otherwise offer the same purity of water.
Thank you for the input - Kent Grand plus is in my short list, but I am hearing that the service is not efficient and the spares are costly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
DONT buy Kent for the service.

Its a crappy company.

For a 14k unit, I was forced into a 1.8k AMC. ... Kent has zero accountability for service outside NCR.
Man, that is horrible service. I will surely look at the service aspect in more detail. As of now, the main brands I have come across are Kent, Livepure, Eureka Forbes and Pureit - I have also come across a new brand called Own (this was introduced to me by my friend ). Still not decided which one to go for, but my wife is already all up for buying OWN because of the looks

(She also liked the IFB Altech, but it offers only RO - no UV)

--Anoop
Old 25th February 2014, 17:10   #4269
BHPian

Thanks Aroy. Will do the same.
Old 26th February 2014, 09:57   #4270
BANNED

For service look for a good independent. You cannot go wrong there.
Old 26th February 2014, 10:00   #4271
Senior - BHPian

In Delhi, Kent service is quite good. In fact the Kent engineer advised us not to go in for AMC as parts and consumables are not covered in AMC, hence it is better to call Kent when any consumable is to be changed or defect develops.

After checking for TDS, we were advised to change the filter every two years.
Old 26th February 2014, 12:36   #4272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
For service look for a good independent. You cannot go wrong there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
In Delhi, Kent service is quite good. In fact the Kent engineer advised us not to go in for AMC as parts and consumables are not covered in AMC, hence it is better to call Kent when any consumable is to be changed or defect develops.

After checking for TDS, we were advised to change the filter every two years.
Thank you guys! Will update the thread once I decide on which one to go for

--Anoop
Old 2nd March 2014, 00:55   #4273
BHPian

Finally found someone who is good at repairs of gas cook tops and ovens. Our imported Faber range oven wouldn't light up. The company repair guy(s) was a novice(s) not once but twice. Burnt money on them.

Now I can recommend Virender Sharma (9811168607 Delhi NCR only). He did a jugaad but it worked.

I have demanded a pizza treat from my relieved wife and what's best is that she's agreed!

Needless to say I saved a lot of money, we were ready to buy a new range!
Old 3rd March 2014, 12:57   #4274
Senior - BHPian

Took the plunge and got the OWN Ruby water purifier. The spec looks good (TDS reduction of 90-95%, water purification % - 70 - 75% etc). The AMC is not outsourced and is handled by the company itself.
Cost of AMC is 3K but includes all consumables.

The cost is 18K.

The Home Appliance thread-1393831908709.jpg

Last edited by theexperthand : 3rd March 2014 at 13:04.
Old 5th March 2014, 16:04   #4275
BHPian

Got a Siemens 5.5 Kg washing machine this Sunday. Till now, we were using an IFB FL (5 kg) which we decided to retire after 11 years of service.
My query is that the laundry that comes out after a wash cycle (in Siemens) appears to be wetter than the IFB.
Does in mean that different machines spin dry the clothes to different extents of dryness or something could be wrong in the new machine?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks