Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2009, 22:22   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

despite having decided not to buy Samsung AC again, I've just bought a Samsung LCD Monitor.

I spend a lot of my life, one way or another, in front of this screen, and had longer-term ambitions for something rather upmarket to look at, however, the sudden total failure of my old NEC CRT 17" made a same-day buy necessary and I bought a Samsung T220 at Rs13,250. For two days it gave me a headache, but now my eyes and brains have adjusted and we get on much better with the thing. I is nice having so much more screen!
Old 10th August 2009, 11:21   #422
Senior - BHPian

I have a problem with my LG 240l frost free refrigerator. And even the LG service personnel who are prompt to turn up at any complaint are not able to diagnose the problem.

the problem is once in a week, the fridge turns off all of a sudden. The compressor stops working for a long stretch of 6-8 hrs sometimes 12 hrs together. Everything inside the fridge spoils, except what is in the freezer, because items in there are kept at cooler temps than the rest, nothing else.

the service personnel tells me that they have been given a 4-point check instruction wrt fridges. One they check the timer, two they check the relay, three the compressor and four the coil. They say since the fridge is cooling well and there is no excess formation of ice around the coils when it is working all the four checks are satisfied (and when the technician comes, the fridge does indeed work well)lol.

they have also suggested problem with the voltage or the point at which the fridge is connected. I have changed the points and know for certain that voltage is satisfactory since I have a three phase connection and normal mains voltage is brighter than my inverter output which is 230-240v.

the problem of cut-off for long hours happen during the night time or during early day time at which hours the technician is unreachable. I am at my wits end now since it is again happened for the umpteenth time. What could be the problem ?
Old 10th August 2009, 14:12   #423
Senior - BHPian

ok. After 12 hours of continuous non-operation in absence of any abnormalities (viz low voltage, malfunctioning power point) I just called a non-LG technician. And within minutes the fridge starts working again.

Seriously guys, I am at my wits end.
Old 10th August 2009, 15:41   #424
BANNED

I would suspect severe iceing in the coils, which when it enters a defrost cycle takes that long to melt out. Once the fridge enters a defrost mode, it will not restart until the coils are above 0°C.
Old 10th August 2009, 20:40   #425
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the technician also inspected that coil by removing the freezer panels (behind where the coils are placed) and there was not any icing over that part, which again compelled him to meet his 4 point manifesto and confused everyone including him.

It is highly confusing to say the least. I am suspecting voltage problem but I do not suspect any drop in tubelight brightness or performance of any other object. My neighbours refrigerator also would suffer from any such problems arising from low voltage etc but they do not report any such problem nor does anyone else in my area. Moreover the substations and a 110 kv transformer supplying power are within a few hundred metres of my residence.

But there is one thing, that when the refrigerator starts to work after its long hibernation. It works on continuously for more than 12 hours at a stretch. When it switches off it is also for similar amount of time. There is no problem with cooling because when it works it cools very well.

Last edited by lurker : 10th August 2009 at 20:43.
Old 24th August 2009, 11:13   #426
BHPian

hi everybody want to buy aside by side 2door refrigerator for a family of 5-6 persons?which do u all recomend
Old 24th August 2009, 12:00   #427
Senior - BHPian

Just picked up a Siemens WM 12E160N 7kg fully automatic front loader. Costed 29,700/- nett.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:19   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
hi everybody want to buy aside by side 2door refrigerator for a family of 5-6 persons?which do u all recomend

Samsung has got good side by side refrigerators in the indian market. Available in sizes 560 L upwards.
Old 24th August 2009, 21:50   #429
BHPian

between lg n samsung which is better?in context to side by side refrigerators.anybody using them?any personal experiences will help.thanks.
Old 24th August 2009, 22:07   #430
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
Just picked up a Siemens WM 12E160N 7kg fully automatic front loader. Costed 29,700/- nett.
Just the model I was looking for as well. Did you buy it directly from rbs appliances?

I am also considering the new Samsung range of front loaders. Did you see those before finalising?

http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/s...WF7652SUV/XTL#
Old 25th August 2009, 12:52   #431
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
between lg n samsung which is better?in context to side by side refrigerators.anybody using them?any personal experiences will help.thanks.
Samsung is a better bet !
Old 25th August 2009, 14:11   #432
BANNED

Having one doubt...

Why there is no inside light for Freezer compartment in 2 door fridges ?
Old 25th August 2009, 14:22   #433
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

can never figure that one out.
also, why cant the freezer be kept at the lower portion of the double door fridges instead of above? after all one usually uses the "fridge" part more than the "freezer" part under normal circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Having one doubt...

Old 25th August 2009, 14:26   #434
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Having one doubt...

Interesting point. I suspect it is too cold so the filament may burn out or the heat may be too much for the temperature. May be they can think of LED lights!
Old 25th August 2009, 14:40   #435
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
can never figure that one out.
also, why cant the freezer be kept at the lower portion of the double door fridges instead of above? after all one usually uses the "fridge" part more than the "freezer" part under normal circumstances.

All the panasonic fridges have this layout with the freezer below.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks