Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2015, 02:55   #4906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Thanks for the inputs guys. Looking up at Flipkart,there isnt much difference between Bosch and IFB for their 7 kg models.

I'll go to the market and look at both machines and post updates.

Thanks!
I've decided to go for the IFB 8kg model. The warranty and the service in my area is good. The pricing on Flipkart with interest free EMI is hard to beat right now.

Thanks for the interest in my query.
Old 28th January 2015, 08:02   #4907
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
I've decided to go for the IFB 8kg model. The warranty and the service in my area is good. The pricing on Flipkart with interest free EMI is hard to beat right now.

Thanks for the interest in my query.
I hope you have decided to go in for IFB after reading the user experiences posted on this thread, and taking a calculated decision.
Old 28th January 2015, 10:28   #4908
BHPian

Hi, anyone have experience with breadmakers and if they are a good replacement to the market bread? My wife does make bread in our regular oven, but it is not as soft and fluffy as the Hot Breads one
I am considering purchasing the OBH Nordica Inox model 6544. Any insight will be appreciated.
Old 28th January 2015, 10:34   #4909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
AO Smith is the new flavour and it is not a bad one at all. Infact depending on the model that you buy, it is the only water heater that gives you precise control on the water temperature. This is a huge energy saving feature as unlike other brands the thermostat does not become stuck at 75 degree C (default setting for most storage heaters). The tanks are glass lined and the elements too have some coating which is supposed to be able to resist hard water deposits etc. I have a 50L storage (horizontal) model with a wired remote for about 8 odd years and the same functions brilliantly. I would rate it much better than the other assorted Racolds and Thermokings in the house.
Sirji,

Good to hear some review about AO Smith. Can you kindly share the model number with the aforesaid specs ? Interested in 15 litre ones. Not constrained by dollars, only functionality !
Old 28th January 2015, 12:21   #4910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
I'm Looking for a dishwasher for my house of 4.
I'm in Mumbai so hardwater is not a problem.
Maids are hard to find here and seems the only solution.
Want to keep my budget limited to 35k.
Please suggest.
I picked up a Bosch one couple of months ago and am quite happy. Paid 34k after some discount. Don't have the model number on hand but there are only a couple of models available and the difference is mainly in the outer finish.
Old 28th January 2015, 12:39   #4911
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Hi, anyone have experience with breadmakers and if they are a good replacement to the market bread? My wife does make bread in our regular oven, but it is not as soft and fluffy as the Hot Breads one
I am considering purchasing the OBH Nordica Inox model 6544. Any insight will be appreciated.
I hear they are Ok but the bread has a round cross section, and obviously you do not have many power outages. A cycle may take many hours.
Old 28th January 2015, 14:40   #4912
BHPian

I am thinking of replacing a few bulbs in my home with LEDs - like kitchen, dining, living room, portico - these are the high consumption areas. Have the following queries:
a) Do LEDs consume only half of the watts marked on the bulb - a 7W bulb consumes only 3.5W on an average?
b) Does anybody have a good experience with procuring the bulbs from China (aliexpress etc) and are these comparable in quality to Syska/Philips/Havells etc? (Most of these guys also import the bulbs and rebrand them for sale in India!!!)
c) Are there any specific chinese brands preferred over others?
d) Are there any Indian suppliers who are cost-effective compared to importing from China?
Old 28th January 2015, 15:57   #4913
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
I am thinking of replacing a few bulbs in my home with LEDs - like kitchen, dining, living room, portico - these are the high consumption areas. Have the following queries:
a) Do LEDs consume only half of the watts marked on the bulb - a 7W bulb consumes only 3.5W on an average?
No, they consume whatever is marked. An 8W bulb consumes 8W

Quote:
b) Does anybody have a good experience with procuring the bulbs from China (aliexpress etc) and are these comparable in quality to Syska/Philips/Havells etc? (Most of these guys also import the bulbs and rebrand them for sale in India!!!)
c) Are there any specific chinese brands preferred over others?
d) Are there any Indian suppliers who are cost-effective compared to importing from China?
Direct import is cheapest for a few pieces. Once your value reaches a certain threshold, it attracts duty, but for shipments around 20-30$, usually no duty is charged.
Even if you order 10% extra amount of bulbs(assuming 10% of bulbs will fail) it will be cheaper than branded stuff in Indian market. However, unbranded stuff in Indian market as as cheap as importing from china. Quality is similar. LEDs usually do not go bad.
Old 28th January 2015, 18:47   #4914
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post

?

As pointed out at the same wattage rating they use about the same power. However, a LED is a much more efficient way of producing light. So you need a LED with a much lower wattage to produce the same amount of light as a conventional bulb. So from that perspective it uses less power. Also, the last much longer.

Here is an interesting table showing the key difference between different kind of lights

http://www.designrecycleinc.com/led%20comp%20chart.html
Old 28th January 2015, 20:11   #4915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post

As pointed out at the same wattage rating they use about the same power. However, a LED is a much more efficient way of producing light. So you need a LED with a much lower wattage to produce the same amount of light as a conventional bulb. So from that perspective it uses less power. Also, the last much longer.

http://www.designrecycleinc.com/led%20comp%20chart.html
What about the power factor of led?

I recently replaced 14 watt cfl with 7 watt led lamps. But the led has a power factor of . 5 , Did I just waste my money?

Name:  ForumRunner_20150128_200927.png
Views: 547
Size:  549.1 KB
Old 28th January 2015, 21:43   #4916
BHPian

So then the question arises:

What is the best front loading washing machine with the below features in the range of 30-40K:
1) 6-8kg capacity
2) Hot water wash (multiple temperature selection)
3) in-cycle laundry loading capability.

Old 29th January 2015, 10:16   #4917
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
So then the question arises:

What is the best front loading washing machine with the below features in the range of 30-40K:
1) 6-8kg capacity
2) Hot water wash (multiple temperature selection)
1 & 2 are pretty common. In fact in a front loader 2 is manndatory - I am still to see one without.
3. I doubt anyone has it.
Old 29th January 2015, 11:08   #4918
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
1 & 2 are pretty common. In fact in a front loader 2 is manndatory - I am still to see one without.
3. I doubt anyone has it.
In fact, if you observe the wash cycle and get an idea about it, you will know when can you open the door lid and add (or take out) clothes to the wash cycle without spilling water on floor. You will have to switch off the machine from mains and wait for about 1-2 mins (as made by manufacturer) before you can open the door lid. You can add clothes between the exhaust and intake stroke...I mean just between the drain and fresh water intake cycle.
Old 29th January 2015, 12:29   #4919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
To make soft and fluffy bread is quite easy, provided the basics are followed. I bake bread regularly and get extremely fluffy bread. Here is what I do.

1. Buy a 1/2 kg packet of dried yeast. It costs Rs200-300 in Delhi's INA market
2. Use 1.5 tea spoons of yeast for every 1 kg of flower
3. Dissolve the yeast with a couple of teaspoons of sugar in about a glass of warm water. Let it froth.
4. Knead the bread for at least 10 minutes ! ! !
5. Leave it to rise, and knead it again. When it rises, again knead it and put it in bread tins. As the bread will rise at least to twice and mostly thrice the height, load the tin accordingly.
. Bake in as hot and oven as possible. The higher the temperature the better it is.
Old 29th January 2015, 13:01   #4920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
To make soft and fluffy bread is quite easy, provided the basics are followed. I bake bread regularly and get extremely fluffy bread. Here is what I do.

1. Buy a 1/2 kg packet of dried yeast. It costs Rs200-300 in Delhi's INA market
2. Use 1.5 tea spoons of yeast for every 1 kg of flower
3. Dissolve the yeast with a couple of teaspoons of sugar in about a glass of warm water. Let it froth.
4. Knead the bread for at least 10 minutes ! ! !
5. Leave it to rise, and knead it again. When it rises, again knead it and put it in bread tins. As the bread will rise at least to twice and mostly thrice the height, load the tin accordingly.
. Bake in as hot and oven as possible. The higher the temperature the better it is.
Thank you sir, have sent this to my wife

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks