Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2015, 18:00   #5011
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
My mother has a top loading diamond drum washing machine - its inlet is blocked. Has anyone ever cleaned it themselves? Is there a DIY we can do, or should we call samsung only? or can I call my neighborhood chappie?

The inlet usually has a filter that you can pull out and then remove the dirt. The wire gauze used is very fine, so clean gently.
Old 7th March 2015, 18:20   #5012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
How are these air fryers? Are they useful in kitchen? I see lots of ads of 'Kenstar'.
Hi, We have been using the one from Philips. Does its job well. The food tastes not exactly like the oil fried food but kinda close. After all, you need to lose something to gain something or I should say, you need to lose something to not gain something(weight and fat).
Old 7th March 2015, 18:23   #5013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Friends,

Need help in deciding between Panasonic and IFB Top loader washing machine. Here are the models and I live in Noida
My in laws have been using top loading from IFB since more than 10 years now and I must tell you that they are pretty happy with it. Have not heard much about Panasonic. I have LG's and that is working pretty well too. IFB's are on the higher side of price range though.
Old 7th March 2015, 19:20   #5014
BHPian

Our IFB front loading washing machine has started giving problems every other day. So, want to change it to a top loading washing machine.
Looking out for options for a 6.5 to 7Kg one having a plastic/fibre drum. Also, this machine will be used one or two times on a daily basis.
Kindly suggest reliable machines if anyone has experienced/known.

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 7th March 2015, 20:19   #5015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Our IFB front loading washing machine has started giving problems every other day.

I had purchased the top end whirlpool top loader 8kg and it was nothing but money down the drain. It wouldn't mix the detergent properly due to using ground water though the front loader never had this issue. Had to switch to expensive liquid detergents due to this. The water sensors kept failing and very often needed support. Small clothes would get stuck in the outlet. The logic board got spoilt twice and the second time was out of warranty. Scrapped it for 1000rs by the end of its 4th year. Long story - do not consider a whirlpool
Old 7th March 2015, 21:46   #5016
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Our IFB front loading washing machine has started giving problems every other day. So, want to change it to a top loading washing machine.
Looking out for options for a 6.5 to 7Kg one having a plastic/fibre drum. Also, this machine will be used one or two times on a daily basis.

Thanks,
Ramki
My LG 6.5 kg Top Loader is now nearing 10 years. My use is around 4-5 times a week. After 1st year of warranty, I must have spent a total of 700-800 Rs on it till now - average of 300 Rs once in 3 years. And each of those times, the LG technician has landed up within 24 hours.
Old 7th March 2015, 22:38   #5017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
My LG 6.5 kg Top Loader is now nearing 10 years. My use is around 4-5 times a week. After 1st year of warranty, I must have spent a total of 700-800 Rs on it till now - average of 300 Rs once in 3 years. And each of those times, the LG technician has landed up within 24 hours.
+1. Our LG Top loader could have been 15+ years now. I had to change the top control panel once, the cost being around 1K. We almost have a load, every day. No complaints!
Old 8th March 2015, 16:32   #5018
BHPian

Quote:
One more happy LG customer. Our front loader is 8yrs old with only one major problem fixed within 12hrs. The drain pump failed and cost Rs.870 to replace. Paid Rs.1380 including service charges, taxes etc. The best part is if the problem repeats within a month of logging the call, the repair will be done free of cost.

AMC option is available and is cheaper than IFB.

LG also has many DIY videos on youtube. If you are facing any problem with the machine, most of the times these videos will help you troubleshoot without calling the customer care.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help with Eureka Forbes customer care.

We have the Bravo model and its Hepa filter is blocked. Need a replacement.

All the calls to the customer service center are sheer waste of time.

The "technician" visits, checks the vacuum cleaner as if it were alien tech. When i point out the hepa filter and ask for the replacement, he says he will check the availability and vanishes. No follow up.

When i call the customer service again, a new call is logged and the cycle repeats

Meanwhile lots of calls from the Eureka Forbes retailers asking us to purchase a new vacuum cleaner and exchange the old one

Is there a way to break this cycle? Contact details of a technician who can get the replacement Hepa filter is much appreciated.

Last edited by Pallavi : 8th March 2015 at 16:41.
Old 8th March 2015, 17:32   #5019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I had purchased the top end whirlpool top loader 8kg and it was nothing but money down the drain. It wouldn't mix the detergent properly due to using ground water though the front loader never had this issue. Had to switch to expensive liquid detergents due to this. The water sensors kept failing and very often needed support. Small clothes would get stuck in the outlet. The logic board got spoilt twice and the second time was out of warranty. Scrapped it for 1000rs by the end of its 4th year. Long story - do not consider a whirlpool
It's the same thing for my mother's Samsung top loader. The water sensor has failed in three years of usage (in contrast our Whirlpool semi is rock solid but noisy dancing after seven years) and costs 5000+ for the machine which costed 12700!

Quote:
Choose the brand which has a company owned service center in your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
The inlet usually has a filter that you can pull out and then remove the dirt. The wire gauze used is very fine, so clean gently.
The panel wiring for the water control is bust. I'd already cleaned the filters.

The Home Appliance thread-1425816077182.jpg

This particular motor is not getting current which has been diagnosed as a panel failure.

Quote:
+1. Our LG Top loader could have been 15+ years now. I had to change the top control panel once, the cost being around 1K. We almost have a load, every day. No complaints!
My mom's Samsung WA82BSL was quoted a panel replacement for 5000 bucks!

How much can I fetch for a 3.5 year old Samsung top loader that is in perfect condition except the water inlet? It costs 12700 new.
Old 8th March 2015, 18:27   #5020
BHPian

Quote:

How much can I fetch for a 3.5 year old Samsung top loader that is in perfect condition except the water inlet? It costs 12700 new.
On the same note, any contact info of reasonable second hand washing machine/AC dealers.

The ones spoke to offered ₹500 for the window ac
Old 8th March 2015, 20:28   #5021
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
The ones spoke to offered ₹500 for the window ac
For old washing machines, the max offer is around 1K from these dealers/service shops.

It is better to post it on online channels like OLX or Quikr.
Old 8th March 2015, 21:41   #5022
BHPian

Quote:
For old washing machines, the max offer is around 1K from these dealers/service shops.

It is better to post it on online channels like OLX or Quikr.

I took out some sensors and valves from my whirlpool when I gave it away for 1k. Should have taken out the motor too as it was perfectly fine. Could have used it as an automatic gate opener or something. I plan to use the water inlet relay to setup timed water sprinkling for the plants in our garden...
Old 9th March 2015, 10:05   #5023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hi, sorry for the delayed response. So the model i have is CEWHR 50 L
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Racold is one of the better brand for geysers. I am using it almost everyday, except for peak summers, for last 2.5 years with no issues whatsoever.
Regards.
Have visited a few shops to get information on AO Smith SDS model for 15 litres. Almost finalised the same, but one respectable dealer was requested to go for "morphy richards" water heaters.

http://www.aosmithindia.com/HSE-SDS.html#

Haven't heard of Morphy richards water heaters till date.

Would you guys recommend Morphy over AO Smith ? Any pro's and con's.

Dealer says that it is much resistant to Hard water compared to AO Smith. Always take it with a pinch of salt when it comes from dealer's mouth.

Let me know your guidance on it. Need alteast 2 heaters in short duration.
Old 9th March 2015, 10:11   #5024
BHPian

AO Smith is super resistant to hard water. In one of our houses, where only ground water is available, we change the taps every 2 years as the hard water settles inside. But the AO Smith keeps going on without any issue. Earlier we would need to get the geyser opened and cleaned every year, now its approx 4 years.

AO used to be sold under the Jaguar brand earlier, very expensive when we got it, dont know pricing now.
Old 9th March 2015, 15:05   #5025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I had purchased the top end whirlpool top loader 8kg and it was nothing but money down the drain...
Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
One more happy LG customer. Our front loader is 8yrs old with only one major problem fixed within 12hrs. The drain pump failed and cost Rs.870 to replace. Paid Rs.1380 including service charges, taxes etc. The best part is if the problem repeats within a month of logging the call, the repair will be done free of cost...

Thanks very much guys. Will definitely go for LG.
However, when asked about LG plastic drum to Pai International they said LG has stopped giving out plastic drum option machines in 6.5 or 7 KG.
Any LG washing machine direct dealer contact would be helpful in knowing about the products they are offering.

Thanks,
Ramki

Most Viewed