Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2017, 09:21   #6466
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Does it have a separate hot water inlet? Is the drum SS?

Any idea, how is the their after sales service infrastructure?
I don't think it has a separate hot water inlet . I have scheduled the delivery for tomorrow , will confirm later. The drum is plastic.

No idea about the ASS infrastructure either . I bought it as it was the most popular top loading model on amazon. The spin speed - 1000 rpm - was higher than that of other models .
Old 1st September 2017, 14:28   #6467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I have been using the 6kg model since about an year now. Has been reliable without any issues. However, one thing which I noticed compared to front loading washing machines is that clothes get really entangled in this. So much so that it makes me wonder if such entangling would hurt the clothes and affect their life. Never had such issues with front loading washing machine.
Old 1st September 2017, 15:03   #6468
Distinguished - BHPian

I have not seen a washing machine with a hot-water inlet for a long time!

This annoys me, as my hot water is supplied courtesy of the sun, and I don't want to pay for the machine to use electricity to heat up cold water. However, location Chennai, and many of our washes are done at 40C, so the machine has little or no work to do heating the water
Old 1st September 2017, 15:42   #6469
BHPian

Need advice on 4 Burner Hobtop. I have 4 burner gas stove from elica and i'm using it from last 5 years. It started showing issues now.

I'm planning to buy a new one and in a budget less than 10K with brass burner's and good service availability.
Old 1st September 2017, 16:26   #6470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I have not seen a washing machine with a hot-water inlet for a long time!

This annoys me, as my hot water is supplied courtesy of the sun, and I don't want to pay for the machine to use electricity to heat up cold water. However, location Chennai, and many of our washes are done at 40C, so the machine has little or no work to do heating the water
+100 Yeah! This is one of the reasons am stuck with my old WM. It has exclusive hot and cold water inlets, which are connected to the solar and overhead tanks, respectively. I would like to use the hot solar water for most of my wash cycles and as such looking for a WM with SS drum and exclusive hot water inlet.
Old 6th September 2017, 05:29   #6471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I ordered the Mi Air Purifier 2 in the flash sale today for 9,999.
Hi Eddy, kindly give your feedback on Mi Air Purifier 2. What is the running cost per year especially Filter cost? How silent is it during operation?

Some generic questions related to Air Purifier
1. Do we need to close all windows before starting operation?
2. Do we need to keep it running throughout night or only for first 20 to 30 minutes?
3. What factors to consider while evaluating an air purifier? There seems to be so many brands now - Xiaomi, Sharp, Philips, Panasonic, Kent, Havells, Honeywell, Moonbow, Blueair, Livpure etc.

I have just started exploring air purifiers and your inputs would be very helpful.
Old 6th September 2017, 09:13   #6472
BHPian

On a lookout for a fridge since the existing one's door bottom hinge is broken during its relocation transit. Looking for >500 ltrs and by the looks and storage perspective have shortlisted http://www.lg.com/in/refrigerators/lg-GC-C247UGUV
The same type is available in Samsung too, but just a preference for LG. Any suggestions on this model?

And how do you people dispose of old electronics? Since I have moved back to Chennai all household electronics are now double eating up space/electricity viz., fridge, washing machine

Dealers just take it for scrap rate 1k each.
Old 6th September 2017, 09:39   #6473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
And how do you people dispose of old electronics? Since I have moved back to Chennai all household electronics are now double eating up space/electricity viz., fridge, washing machine

True. I have re-purposed my frontloading washing machine as a table for ironing etc., while my Whirlpool refrigerator is being used as an air tight cupboard to store provisions.
I have used the solenoid valve of the washing machine for automated watering of plants. I have to use other parts from that for other projects.
Old 6th September 2017, 09:42   #6474
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Hi Eddy, kindly give your feedback on Mi Air Purifier 2. What is the running cost per year especially Filter cost? How silent is it during operation?

Some generic questions related to Air Purifier
1. Do we need to close all windows before starting operation?
2. Do we need to keep it running throughout night or only for first 20 to 30 minutes?
3. What factors to consider while evaluating an air purifier? There seems to be so many brands now - Xiaomi, Sharp, Philips, Panasonic, Kent, Havells, Honeywell, Moonbow, Blueair, Livpure etc.

I have just started exploring air purifiers and your inputs would be very helpful.
We used it in the winters in Delhi for one season. Will use it again this season. No filter change yet.

1- Yes, advisable to close all windows before starting.
2- Throughout the night on auto mode. The machine decides on the intensity of cleaning throughout.
3- Mine was almost an impulse purchase.

The Mi is reasonably silent. The noise compares to that of a window AC, maybe slightly lesser.
Old 6th September 2017, 09:47   #6475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
True. I have re-purposed my frontloading washing machine as a table for ironing etc., while my Whirlpool refrigerator is being used as an air tight cupboard to store provisions.
I have used the solenoid valve of the washing machine for automated watering of plants. I have to use other parts from that for other projects.
I have no knowledge of reusing parts of electronics for other jobs. I am looking to free up space
Old 6th September 2017, 17:26   #6476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
I had Sharp give a demo at my residence a few weeks back. Despite running for more than half an hour, there was no perceptible change in quality of air in the room. There was no indicator on the purifier indicating the "pollution level". He told that I might need to change the filter once in a year and would cost 2500 for the filter.
Old 6th September 2017, 19:46   #6477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... And how do you people dispose of old electronics? Since I have moved back to Chennai all household electronics are now double eating up space/electricity viz., fridge, washing machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Wow, that is really neat to reuse parts like that.

In the absence of having that skill. I would suggest giving still-working household equipment away to those who find it hard to afford. In fact, we have a non-working fridge that our local mechanic is willing to put a second-hand compressor in for giving away. Only trouble is... said mechanic seems to have forgotten about it. It'll happen. One day. Else it goes to the tip. And I'm willing to give him our old Sharp AC for the scrap value to clear the space and because it is depressing looking at it. Be wary of Sharp!

Otherwise, Rs.1,000 for scrap is not bad
Old 9th September 2017, 11:58   #6478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have no knowledge of reusing parts of electronics for other jobs. I am looking to free up space
Try OLX. If the rates are lucrative, goods will fly off fast.
Old 9th September 2017, 12:01   #6479
BHPian

Sure thanks will do. Also trying the maid options. Any suggestions on the refrigerator model?
Old 11th September 2017, 00:00   #6480
Senior - BHPian

Any suggestions for microwave? I need fairly big capacity one with convection and will be usef frequently for baking cakes etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks