Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2017, 14:05   #6541
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

our 8 yr old Samsung Top loading W/M conked off . Have shortlisted http://https://www.amazon.in/Samsung...inhydr18418-21 as replacement primarily because of add wash feature which my wife liked and also 3 yrs comprehensive warranty from Samsung .

I am unable to find any review for this product range . How useful is this feature in a Front loading machine otherwise i could save 4-7k in other models of samsung for similar 8 kg machine .
Old 7th December 2017, 15:29   #6542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
our 8 yr old Samsung Top loading W/M conked off . Have shortlisted http://https://www.amazon.in/Samsung...inhydr18418-21 as replacement primarily because of add wash feature which my wife liked and also 3 yrs comprehensive warranty from Samsung .

I am unable to find any review for this product range . How useful is this feature in a Front loading machine otherwise i could save 4-7k in other models of samsung for similar 8 kg machine .
Both useful and not
Actually in most front load machines you cannot add clothes once the wash cycle has started. That is almost the time when you have switched it on. The door remains locked for the entire wash cycle and even if you manage to open it (by switching it off and after the wait time), you will spill soapy water on the floor. That is one issue with front loaders.

However, if you are little vigilant, you can add clothes with a small trick in almost any front loader. The trick is to wait until a drain cycle. The machine drains water 4-5 times during the entire wash cycle. So, you can switch it off after a drain cycle and after a couple of minutes, the door is free to open. This is when we add clothes, if necessary.

The add-wash does the same more efficiently I suppose.
Old 8th December 2017, 00:58   #6543
Distinguished - BHPian

My Bosch machine has a period at the beginning of the wash during which the door can be opened to add that forgotten sock.
Old 8th December 2017, 11:04   #6544
BHPian

Quote:
Biggest advantage front loading machines have is its excellent quality of wash yet is gentle on clothes.
I just shifted from Whirlpool 6.5kg top load to LG 6kg front load three days back, wash quality is very evident.
To me, longer wash cycle is the main disadvantage but it is just the matter of getting used to.
I would recommend go ahead with front load one.

You can to check LG. Direct drive function is smooth and super silent. Drain pump makes its noise though.
Old 9th December 2017, 08:21   #6545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I read an interesting thread on Quota fancy air purifiers are as effective as a HEPA filter attached to a fan this is after lot of practical scientific study by an individual

https://www.quora.com/Which-is-the-b...Thomas-Talhelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
If you keep the windows open then no amount of air purification will help, as fresh dust will always come through the open windows.

If you want fresh air with no dust, then you have to blow the air from the window through a filter. The least expensive option is to modify a cooler, replacing normal side straw filters with a better filter material. The water flowing through the straw filter actually traps a lot of dust cleaning the air.

If you feel that the air from the cooler is too cold for comfort, you can pass it through a heater.

In short you have to have a robust air cleaning and conditioning system to get rid of dust and at the same time have fresh ir circulating.
Thank you guys. I realise that it's practically impossible to have dust free home if windows are opened. It's just that it's so dusty here and I really am not a fan of closed rooms. I like fresh air coming in. Have been very desparate to find ways to reduce the dust now that I have one year old baby at home too!
Old 9th December 2017, 20:55   #6546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Have been very desparate to find ways to reduce the dust now that I have one year old baby at home too!
have a look at this rainbowsystem.com
I was on the lookout for something like this and had a demo at home. It is pretty impressive at air purification. Draws about 40w when running. I found it too expensive but if I had the spare cash I would have purchased it.
Old 12th December 2017, 14:32   #6547
BHPian

Quote:
Booked this W/M at Bajaj Electronics , Final Price was Rs.41400 ; MRP 48800 and also got 3 yrs extended warranty for 8200 .
Old 12th December 2017, 18:29   #6548
Senior - BHPian

Finally bought a wet grinder. For grinding dal and rice to make idly and dosa, it is way ahead of normal mixy. On top of it I get smooth chutneys paste.

The idlies come out fluffy, much better than in most restaurants here in Delhi.
Old 13th December 2017, 11:12   #6549
BHPian

Quote:
Finally bought a wet grinder. For grinding dal and rice to make idly and dosa, it is way ahead of normal mixy. On top of it I get smooth chutneys paste.

The idlies come out fluffy, much better than in most restaurants here in Delhi.
Brand, cost and ltrs?
Old 13th December 2017, 12:42   #6550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Brand, cost and ltrs?
. Elgi Ultra Dura+
. Now going for 5800 in Amazon
. 1.25L

The Home Appliance thread-msc_2648.jpg

The Home Appliance thread-msc_2650.jpg

The Home Appliance thread-msc_2656.jpg

The Home Appliance thread-msc_2658.jpg

Last edited by Aroy : 13th December 2017 at 12:44.
Old 13th December 2017, 12:53   #6551
BHPian

Quote:
. Elgi Ultra Dura+
. Now going for 5800 in Amazon
. 1.25L
Thanks, Ultra seems to be the goto brand when it comes to wet grinders. Your info certainly comes in handy
Old 15th December 2017, 20:16   #6552
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Just a word of advice - avoid Sunflame products. Their customer service is rude & unhelpful.
Old 22nd December 2017, 11:52   #6553
BHPian

Need some expert advice. Upon relocation, my refrigerator door bottom hinge is broken and hence unable to close it normally. Yesterday, it has come off completely and could see the bottom part is broken and some weird half white stuff is seen (like hardened thermocol). Able to place it back into the hinge, but it might fall off.

Tried calling some refrigerator mechanic but none of them were able to fix it. Image below is lifted off from Google.

The Home Appliance thread-door-hinge.jpg

The piece holding by hand is no where to be found and it is just a deep hole.

Fridge is Samsung 2 door - Model RT24M (unable to find this model over internet)
Old 22nd December 2017, 11:53   #6554
Team-BHP Support

Bought this yesterday. Got nostalgic

Now for some butter toasts !

https://www.amazon.in/Sumeet-Non-Sti.../dp/B01KLOFXQU
Old 13th January 2018, 12:29   #6555
BHPian

I am looking for solution to remote control the TV usage at home. I should able to control switch on / off TV/Setup Box through smart phone from office. I have found TP-Link HS100 Wi-Fi Smart Plug in Amazon. Please let me know if any feedback on this. Also is there any similar / better products available?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks