Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2018, 16:54   #6901
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Finally picked up Bosch Dishwasher SMS60L12IN in the Amazon sale.
Price came to 24500 after SBI Card discount and Amazon Pay cashback. Also got an 18 month no-cost EMI which makes it 1400 as my monthly outgo.
Time to scour this thread for detergent and other recommendations. Is salt necessary for pure water supply as well.
Salt is absolutely necessary if you are using borewell water. Check the TDS if it is low then you need not use salt.
Old 24th October 2018, 18:07   #6902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
AO smith is apparently good but no personal experience.
Have been using AO Smith for the last 5+ years and no issues so far. Heating ability is still like day one
Old 24th October 2018, 21:30   #6903
Distinguished - BHPian

Everybody keeps telling me not to worry about the anode fitted to the solar water heater.

I keep telling everybody, that not worrying is why our previous heater rusted and sprang leaks. Today, engineer came to replace another part which was leaking , and I told to bring a new anode. The replacement was simple, and the old one, after three years, was barely a stub. They are called sacrificial anodes for a very good reason, and when they are fully sacrificed, it is time for something else to get sacrificed.
Old 1st November 2018, 11:56   #6904
BHPian

Guys any recommendation for a VFM air purifier for home usage that also has a pre filter with hepa filter? Would be great to get one with cheap filter replacements.
Old 1st November 2018, 15:11   #6905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Guys any recommendation for a VFM air purifier for home usage that also has a pre filter with hepa filter? Would be great to get one with cheap filter replacements.
Try - https://smartairfilters.com/in/en/

I am a satisfied customer for 2 years.
Old 1st November 2018, 15:27   #6906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
Try - https://smartairfilters.com/in/en/

I am a satisfied customer for 2 years.
Thanks, although these look crude but they are effective. How long does a filter last in Delhi for you ?
Old 1st November 2018, 15:35   #6907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Thanks, although these look crude but they are effective. How long does a filter last in Delhi for you ?
In the last 12 months, I have replaced once, which means two sets lasted me the whole year.

This year seems to be worse. I have just replaced the filter at the beginning of October. Lets see. I keep checking the condition of filter every 15 days or so.
Old 2nd November 2018, 09:52   #6908
Senior - BHPian

I finally bought the AO Smith basic 25 ltr water heater on Amazon. There is steep price drop and almost further 20% off if using HDFC card (10% for others). This makes it less than Rs. 5000 which is great.
AO Smith HSE-VAS 25-Litre 2000-Watt Storage Water Heater (White) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01892ML6Q/..._ZK82BbMQ67SHR

The Havells service guy was pathetic. He brought a heater element and as it looked different wasn't sure if it was for this model. He said they had stopped using anodes in Havells models. I showed him the rod and said it needs to be purchased separately and fitted on the slot, but he didn't really seem keen I finally simply got him to clean the heater and leave.
Escalated the matter to Havells customer support who said the element was a different shape but was the correct one and the anode rod would cost RS. 300 extra and is just a screw on part.
Decided to buy a new larger heater and keep this one for a spare bathroom if we shift homes.
Goodbye Havells.
Old 4th November 2018, 19:26   #6909
Senior - BHPian

Any suggestions for a B22 LED lamp which actually has colour temp ~4200K? Everything seems to be ~3000K or ~6500K, irrespective of descriptive words for the colour.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 4th November 2018, 20:50   #6910
BHPian

Need recommendations for a good juicer. Should be able to extract juice from fruits and vegetables (carrot, beetroots, bitter gourd). Should also be easy to clean and compact in size.
I'm getting varied responses regarding prestige and Philips brands.
Thanks in advance
Old 5th November 2018, 12:06   #6911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Need recommendations for a good juicer. Should be able to extract juice from fruits and vegetables (carrot, beetroots, bitter gourd). Should also be easy to clean and compact in size.
I'm getting varied responses regarding prestige and Philips brands.
Thanks in advance
Most of the good electric juicers are priced atrociously, so if you do not plan to set up a shop or make tens of liters of juice daily, the best bet is one of those manual juicers used by road side vendors. They are robust, separate the jiuce and pith and are dirt cheap.
Old 5th November 2018, 18:02   #6912
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
How is the Nova brand of appliances? I was looking for a sandwich grill with non-PFOA coating. None of the grills or sandwich maker has specifically mentioned the coating as PFOA free, except one from oster and other from nova (both have ceramic coating).
Any update on your decision/purchase ? Did you find a ceramic or non-PFOA coated sandwich maker ?
Old 7th November 2018, 14:34   #6913
BHPian

Hi,

Anybody here who bought the new Voltas Beko refrigerator? Looking for changing mine and was considering Panasonic-NR-BG341 or Samsung convertible. Then the new company and new launch came into notice. Going by the legendary Voltas refrigerators few decades back, wondering whether should go ahead with Voltas Beko.

Please advise if anyone have experienced new Voltas Beko refrigerator.

Thanks

Last edited by aah78 : 9th September 2019 at 17:56. Reason: Typo.
Old 7th November 2018, 21:18   #6914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravindpn View Post
Looking for changing mine and was considering Panasonic-NR-BG341 or Samsung convertible. Going by the legendary Voltas refrigerators few decades back, wondering whether should go ahead with Voltas Beko.
I would recommend you stay with mainstream brands like the Samsung or LG. I cannot comment on the Voltas as have never owned one but a product like a refrigerator that lasts easily 15+ years I would avoid going for anything new or a company trying to find its feet back (I could be wrong just saying what I would do). My Samsungs lasted for ever and we finally gave one away to our maid in its 18th or 19th year. One that we are currently using is in its 12th year and another is just over a year now.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th September 2019 at 17:56. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 8th November 2018, 22:57   #6915
BANNED

Once upon a time, not so very long ago, Voltas, Godrej and Kelvinator were the only refrigerator brands available. So, technically, Voltas is not a "new" brand. They still have enormous market share in water coolers and air conditioners. I don't know about this Beko or whatever, though.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th September 2019 at 17:56. Reason: Typo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks