Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 23:15   #751
BANNED

Had a very good experience with LG Service. Our top loading washing machine couldn't hold the water. Sometime early morning the problem was detected. It was the 26th Jan and we thought LG wont be working anyways gave a cal lto their customer care.

The guy on the other end took the complaint and gave me a number and said a technician will call in 2 hours.

I asked its a public holiday today, you will get one?

He said yes. Surprised I said ok.

Wonder of wonders the technician calls in 1 hour and is at my residence in another couple of hours.

Finds out the faulty part. Says it needs to be replaced. Goes away comes back in another 2 hours and our machine is back to its chores.

AMAZING and FIRST CLASS SERVICE. I am a LG customer for life.
Old 4th February 2010, 02:14   #752
Senior - BHPian

Good on Site Service by Samsung,

Just a month before the warranty expires my Samsung LCD Tv was blown up due to fluctuation. I called the call center and lodged a complain. Immediately the next morning a service person came and checked and told the spare is gone and needed to get it and with regret asked a week's time. But to our surprise on service person came with the spare and made the tv function. I di not have the bill or warranty card but they were very co operative and done the job with out a cup of tea.
Old 4th February 2010, 03:06   #753
BHPian

LG it is..

LG seems to have the best customer satisfaction. No doubt they are the market leaders in most of the consumer durable segments. I have a LG top loading washing machine for almost 8 years now, and there has been not even one single issue, as of now. Touchwood!

Old 4th February 2010, 09:12   #754
Senior - BHPian

Yes,

My friend was looking for a refrigerator and top loading washing machine few weeks back. Got LG and he is happy with it.
Old 4th February 2010, 13:42   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
LG seems to have the best customer satisfaction. I have a LG top loading washing machine for almost 8 years now, and there has been not even one single issue, as of now. Touchwood!
I can second that. My LG top-loader was bought in 2000 for about Rs 10K and it's worked for a decade without a single repair or service job. All I do is clean out the lint bag once a month. I use it at 4-5 times a week. It's time to upgrade to a larger unit, but I'm worried a modern replacement may not prove as durable!
Old 4th February 2010, 16:27   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! View Post
I can second that. My LG top-loader was bought in 2000 for about Rs 10K and it's worked for a decade without a single repair or service job. All I do is clean out the lint bag once a month. I use it at 4-5 times a week. It's time to upgrade to a larger unit, but I'm worried a modern replacement may not prove as durable!
I haven't yet replaced my LG front loader which is already 9 years old for the same reason. Even though the noise levels have gone high I am prolonging the replacement till it brakes down.
Old 4th February 2010, 16:31   #757
BANNED

@DieselFan: You can get the bearings replaced from LG. Will cut the noise drastically.
Old 11th February 2010, 20:40   #758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Hi fellows!
I recently bought an IFB Neptune dishwasher but am facing a problem. I see a yellow blackinsh layer on some stainless steel utensils , the heavy ones and ones in which we boil our tea. I do rinse the utensils before loading them into it. Whats the problem? What level do I need to adjust? Detergent or Rinse-Aid? I am confused.
Help!
May be due to iron. Do you include iron vessels in the washload? Try avoiding them and check. May be due to Fe in the water too. Also make sure the salt setting is just right for the degree of hardness in your tapwater. Don't take the technician's world for this unless you check for ourself.

You don't really have to rinse all vessels before putting them in. It wastes a lot of water and is not really required. Just make sure there are no chunks of food, seeds, etc. Mostly light scraping is enough for most vessels.

Last edited by Raccoon : 11th February 2010 at 20:42.
Old 11th February 2010, 20:44   #759
Senior - BHPian

Folks i need to pick few stuffs very soon, need some suggestion..

Fridge 300lts: Samsung or LG?
Grinder: Morphy richards or Philips?
Water filter: Aqua guard or Philips?
Old 11th February 2010, 21:12   #760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post

Fridge - Have LG at home 2 door [not sure if is 300 lt though] and is really good with door cooling etc. Its also 5 star rated by BEE

Grinder - No idea. From hearsay, both are equal.

Water purifier is what you meant probably - Have an aquaguard with e-boiling [no RO]. Has been serving well for the past 1.5 years. the service was done very recently where the candle was changed for 450 bucks.
Old 12th February 2010, 09:27   #761
BANNED

Quote:

Fridge : Samsung

Grinder: Also try Panasonic

Water filter: Also try the one from HUL
Old 12th February 2010, 10:21   #762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@DieselFan: You can get the bearings replaced from LG. Will cut the noise drastically.
thanks SG will check this out.
Old 12th February 2010, 10:31   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dude for water filter go for a RO system if the water connection in your house is a bore well.I suggest for KENT RO system if going for RO.If it is not a bore well water where the ppm is less than 220ppm then you can go for Aqua guard.If the ppm is more than 400-500ppm then it is better and good to go for RO. Usually bore well water has more than 600-700ppm salt.Think about it.I have KENT RO from past 3 years as the water in our building is bore well water and it has salts upto 780ppm.After using RO the new reading is 50-60ppm.So think and buy.
Old 12th February 2010, 12:47   #764
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Lohith, both Samsung as well as LG would give you reliable operation, and so its wise to choose either of the two. I have a Samsung refrigerator since the past 3+ years, which has been functioning really well. Personally, i would go for a Samsung.
Old 12th February 2010, 13:05   #765
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for all the inputs.

Benny, even am keen on "Samsung", guess will pick it.

AM pretty confused about "water filter", we have had "Aqua guard(RO) at home for a long time and are very happy with it. just that their service is not very good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Lohith, both Samsung as well as LG would give you reliable operation, and so its wise to choose either of the two. I have a Samsung refrigerator since the past 3+ years, which has been functioning really well. Personally, i would go for a Samsung.

Most Viewed