Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2020, 18:44   #7651
BANNED

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Was the washing machine that you replaced with touch screen electronics?
Both the older one (bought in 2005) & the new one (bought in 2019) has touch screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I guess if you choose the control panel to have mechanical buttons, that may be more robust than the ones with fancy touch screens and graphics displays.
Are there any automatics available with mechanical buttons? Also does that mean they don't have an electronic board under the buttons?
Old 18th March 2020, 19:44   #7652
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Are there any automatics available with mechanical buttons? Also does that mean they don't have an electronic board under the buttons?
From a quick check, there are some models that have mechanical buttons and rotary encoders to select programs and to start/stop (Bosch Serie-4, many models in IFB etc). Almost all of these models will still have electronics inside, but should be more rugged compared to those touch sense control panels as touch sense panels need another level of electronic controls and also are prone to false triggers from moisture or water droplets.
Old 21st March 2020, 19:41   #7653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
True but I took the plunge to see if it would work. We are in between maids so broom and mop is not easy.

Till we get new maid will use the dyson and when we get maid will train maid to use as well atleast for sofa and dust rather than floor.

Lets see.

Hi, Can you you please share your experience and how has this handled till now? Does it effectively does away with the broom and mop?
Old 21st March 2020, 20:31   #7654
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
Hi, Can you you please share your experience and how has this handled till now? Does it effectively does away with the broom and mop?
Yes it is working perfectly. My sister has taken it to Mumbai and using it every 2-3 days and she only needs to mop once a week.

It works much better than regular mop and broom.

Now I am missing one in Bangalore home.
Old 4th April 2020, 13:48   #7655
BHPian

Folks,
Looking for a refrigerator to replace current single door Samsung for elderly parent who cant bend down.

Requirements:
- capacity 250-350 L
- Inverter compressor
- Energy rating : 3*+
- Bottom Freezer

Currently the ones that fit my requirement are
- Haier HRB2764 (4*, 256 L)
- LG GC-B389SLCZ (1*, 310 L)
- Panasonic NR-B307r (2*, 296 L)

I'm leaning toward getting the Haier, since its the most efficient of the three. Do folks have any other suggestions/experience?
(have a decent experience with Haier washing machine, but never used their refrigerators before).

I saw a lot of suggestions for bottom mounted freezer refrigerators on this thread, can you pl suggest specific models ?
Old 12th April 2020, 22:20   #7656
BHPian

Re: India on full lockdown till 14th April, 2020

Guys are there any electronic shops open in NOIDA or NCR? In dire need of a vacuum cleaner.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2020, 16:48   #7657
BHPian

I was out of station for a week in mid-March. Upon returning I found that my year-old Samsung double door refrigerator is making a strange noise every couple of hours. It sounds as if a motor is starting. The sound stops if I lightly press the refrigerator body. This sound is very different and louder than the sound of the compressor getting started.

Any idea what might be the reason behind the sound?
Old 22nd April 2020, 16:51   #7658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBond007 View Post
I was out of station for a week in mid-March. Upon returning I found that my year-old Samsung double door refrigerator is making a strange noise every couple of hours. It sounds as if a motor is starting. The sound stops if I lightly press the refrigerator body. This sound is very different and louder than the sound of the compressor getting started.

Check the trays/fittings inside the fridge on storage trays / door panels. Something is loose and resonating with the frequency when the compressor motor is running. Worst case - the cooling coils inside the body panels OR the defrost tray over the compressor is loose and vibrating. See if something has fallen in that tray.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2020, 18:26   #7659
Distinguished - BHPian

My Panasonic refrigerator used to make this noise whenever compressor came on. Touching the body panel muted it. To resolve, I had to find small rubber O rings from my parts bin and fit it under all the 4 bolts on which the compressor was mounted. The problem has never surfaced again and the refrigerator runs so silently that I cannot make it out when the compressor kicks in even at night.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2020, 20:05   #7660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Some time the side panel/body of the refrigerator starts to vibrate and make a loud humming kind of sound. It recently happened to my Samsung, a slight tap on the body worked in my case . Not sure if this is the case in yours.
tj123 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 00:10   #7661
BHPian

Thank you Reinhard, saket77 and tj123 for your inputs. I tried removing the storage tray, but it did not work. I have no idea how to look for the O-ring :( . Slapped the body multiple times, but in vain.

I am sharing a link to the video wherein I have tried to capture the sound.

Hopefully, it will be of some help in identifying the fault.

The compressor noise is different from this and is not this loud.

Last edited by MBond007 : 28th April 2020 at 00:11. Reason: Add a point
Old 28th April 2020, 01:41   #7662
BHPian

Quote:
I am sharing a link to the video wherein I have tried to capture the sound.
Sounds like a fan or a compressor working. You can buy rubber mats and place them under the legs or a thick foam between the fridge and the wall to dampen this vibration. I have a lot of padding between my Samsung washing machine and the wall to prevent it shaking too much during a drying cycle. I have a washer cum dryer and have done this as a precaution.
Old 28th April 2020, 23:43   #7663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
... I have a lot of padding between my Samsung washing machine and the wall to prevent it shaking too much during a drying cycle. I have a washer cum dryer and have done this as a precaution.
It should not shake at all! I had a machine that threatened to destroy itself everytime I used it. Detested it, and was glad to see it go. It's replacement is mostly rock steady, but will give a little jump with a really hard-to-balance load like one item that absorbs a lot of water, but it does not shake.
Old 28th April 2020, 23:56   #7664
BHPian

Quote:
I am sharing a link to the video wherein I have tried to capture the sound
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Sounds like a fan or a compressor working.
Could it be the evaporator fan gently hitting against something - frost deposit? If the door was accidentally left open (slightly) for a while or with a gentle leak at the seals, there could some frost build up leading to that sound?
Old 29th April 2020, 00:12   #7665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It should not shake at all!
It doesn't shake Thad but am being cautious as the machine cost me an arm and a leg. It's a dual washer top and front with combined capacity of 23kg. It has some high speed settings and am being careful just in case kids or maid uses some option that I've never tried.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks