Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2020, 20:14   #7966
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post

Threw it in the garbage and got one from Apollo Pharmacy - someone I know was using it and gave good reviews. Don't recall how much it was for, but it's quite good - sturdy, good steam, not too bulky.

Will try and get a snapshot / model name / number on it.
The Apollo one is good. I am also using it. It is their own branded one.
Old 13th July 2020, 11:01   #7967
BHPian

I checked many dealers around my area (Bangalore, Banashankari 3rd stage) for LG and Bosch dishwashers. None of them have any models from LG, Bosch and even IFB is out of stock. One dealer has Whirlpool Powerclean pro in stock but the reviews dont seem to be good so I am not inclined to go for it.
With Bangalore going for another lockdown, new stocks may get delayed further.
Old 14th July 2020, 13:52   #7968
BHPian

Re: Dishwashers & Cleaning Robots

had wanted buy both this time last year but wife was too supportive about the usefulness of maids.

Anyway, i had prebooked BOSCH dishwasher 12 place settings and two iRobots (the iSeries model and the wet mop BRAAVA) with no idea about where in the queue i am.

On the Dishwasher, does anyone have an experience with IFB Neptune?

After doing reading off-late i am reaching a conclusion that a 15 Place settings model would be the right capacity (assuming 3-4 household members). A friend of mine has a 12 place BOSCH and he said sometimes they have to run it twice (in a 3 member household). SIEMENS 15 place model is just too expensive.
Old 14th July 2020, 14:34   #7969
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dishwashers & Cleaning Robots

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
On the Dishwasher, does anyone have an experience with IFB Neptune?
We have IFB Neptune VX dishwasher, purchased around 2 years back.

Our experience has been very good. We are satisfied with the quality of washing. In fact, the dishwasher does a much better job than any maid.

We are a nuclear family - husband, wife and kid. We never need to run the dishwasher more than once a day. We put almost everything in the dishwasher - plates, kadhai, pans, crockery, cutlery.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 17:25   #7970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post

SIEMENS 15 place model is just too expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

Rohan
We are using a 14 plate dishwasher from LG. We are a family of five members and use the dishwasher three times in a day. I am not sure if this usage is normal or high.

So far, the family is satisfied with the cleaning results. One has to get a little creative with the placement of pots and pans. The placement of plates and glasses is relatively straightforward.
Old 14th July 2020, 18:14   #7971
BHPian

Anyone here used a Hamilton Beach Mixer Grinder? Is it worth the premium?
Old 14th July 2020, 19:16   #7972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
We are using a 14 plate dishwasher from LG. We are a family of five members and use the dishwasher three times in a day. I am not sure if this usage is normal or high.

So far, the family is satisfied with the cleaning results. One has to get a little creative with the placement of pots and pans. The placement of plates and glasses is relatively straightforward.
We also use the 14 place LG dishwasher twice a day with 5 adults in the house. Copper bottom, anodized, alumimium vessels are still hand washed.
Old 14th July 2020, 21:08   #7973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
Anyone here used a Hamilton Beach Mixer Grinder? Is it worth the premium?
Feedback from my sister - Its an absolute beast of a machine. But then again you should be really into mixing and grinding stuff on daily basis. Quality is top notch and end result of whatever you do with the machine is also top notch. In short, it does what its advertised for. Personally i would consider it either as a lifetime investment or if i am being gifted with the same because the thing more than 4 times that of a decent mixer grinder and has enough horsepower to cater to needs of entire building. When they put professional in the name of the product line, they were not kidding.
roamer012 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 23:04   #7974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
This little fella can really suck. I tried it on my fabric sofa and the .4l container was almost half full with dust!! We were astonished. For 20k it seems decent choice. The build quality is pretty high and seems like it can last a few years. (Though some nagging compromises are there, esp the dust container design. It's very poor by the high standards of the rest of the product)

It has become a new toy for my kids! They spent better part of the day today littering tiny thermocol pieces all around and then vacuuming them!!
Got it today, and did the exact same thing with my sofa. I was quite surprised the amount of dust or brought out. And a very nice job of jhaadu in one room. That dust bin is, you're right, quite small, but not really a deal breaker.
Old 15th July 2020, 00:25   #7975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
Feedback from my sister - Its an absolute beast of a machine. But then again you should be really into mixing and grinding stuff on daily basis. Quality is top notch and end result of whatever you do with the machine is also top notch. In short, it does what its advertised for. Personally i would consider it either as a lifetime investment or if i am being gifted with the same because the thing more than 4 times that of a decent mixer grinder and has enough horsepower to cater to needs of entire building. When they put professional in the name of the product line, they were not kidding.
Thanks to you and your sister. My mom uses a Panasonic one since past 16 years and it still works like a charm. But recently I have been making soup every few days and this is one of the few mixers which has a soup function built in. Just don't know if that's worth plunking so many coins in for. Only if my mom might also switch to this machine, but I doubt it considering how much she likes the Panasonic.
Old 15th July 2020, 01:55   #7976
BHPian

Hello,

So our mixie gave up (repairs will take time) and hence am looking for a hand blender. Main requirements are:
- Should be able to work as an immersion blender to make soups, pastes etc. in the vessel in which food is being cooked
- Should be able to make a paste of onions & tomatoes (typically used as a base for the masala while making rajma, chole etc.)
- Blend smoothies using fruits & ice cream

Any suggestions on good brands or specific models would help.

Quick google search showed two model Inalsa & Philips which seems to meet the needs.

How much does the motor capacity matter in this case? Philips is a 600 W motor and Inalsa is a 1000 W motor. Is 600 W enough or one is better off going with a higher power motor based on your experiences. Anything else that should be kept in mind while short-listing?

Please help with suggestions, recommendations.

Regards,
S
Old 15th July 2020, 03:23   #7977
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
Hello,

So our mixie gave up (repairs will take time) and hence am looking for a hand blender.
Have had a Philips one for 15 years. Similar to your link, but bigger selection of jars, and a stainless-steel hand blender. We have managed to get spares and replaced a few worn-out bits over the years. The spring on the main switch gave up, but there seems to be enough residual springiness in the mechanism for it to work fine. It has variable speed: sometimes you want slow.

My wife uses it for light jobs. She even uses the hand blender for mashing daal. None the less, she still insisted on having the traditional mixie/grinder too. The Philips (actually it came from London, although the same model was available here for a while) is not good for the more grindie tasks.

Verdict: it is a nice kitchen gadget to have, but it does not fulfil all tasks in the Indian kitchen. The more traditional your cooking, then, possibly, the more you'd better stick with the Indian gear.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 07:25   #7978
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Please help with suggestions, recommendations
After trying out various blenders available in market, I had bought this Inalsa one. This is quite good.

But we make use of blender for the main purpose of baking and Ice cream making. Rest activities like mixing onions and tomato I recommend you to use a mixer grinder like Preeti brands that works like a charm for decades. Hand blenders at these prices are flimsy ones and strictly to be used for lighter jobs.
For your purpose of mixing while cooking nothing works like hand whiskers or stainless steel smashers.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 17:40   #7979
Distinguished - BHPian

any recommendation for a robotic cleaner like the ilife/roomba products? Still on the fence w.r.t purchasing one but have shortlisted a couple. feedback please.
1. https://www.amazon.in/360-Navigation.../dp/B07ZRTJDF9
2. https://www.amazon.in/Pure-Clean-Sma.../dp/B079X4ZTBW

Quote:
immersion blender to make soups, pastes etc. in the vessel in which food is being cooked
We have been using a euroline blender for same purpose for many years. Dont see it available on Amazon/Flipkart but would suggest you pick up a blender that is 800+Watts from Philips or Redmond. Also check https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00NW4VGAE/..._bieeFbQQKKSZQ

Last edited by procrj : 16th July 2020 at 17:42.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 20:19   #7980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It has variable speed: sometimes you want slow.

Verdict: it is a nice kitchen gadget to have, but it does not fulfil all tasks in the Indian kitchen. The more traditional your cooking, then, possibly, the more you'd better stick with the Indian gear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
After trying out various blenders available in market, I had bought this Inalsa one. This is quite good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
We have been using a euroline blender for same purpose for many years. Dont see it available on Amazon/Flipkart but would suggest you pick up a blender that is 800+Watts from Philips or Redmond.
Thank you for your inputs Thad, KPR & procrj.

Went ahead and ordered the Inalsa one. It was out of stock but was available again today and have placed the order. Should get delivered by Tuesday. This one has a 1000 watt motor so should be able to do some medium~heavy lifting as well. It does offer speed variable speed control as well through a dial.

Will get the regular mixie grinder also repaired eventually since as you all have mentioned, the blenders have a limited usage and cannot replaced the mixie grinder entirely. However that would take a while since the friendly neighbourhood electrical shop is not open these days. So the hand blender would come in handy for some basic needs.

Thanks again for your inputs.

Regards,
S
sukhoi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks