Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2020, 16:24   #8011
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Guys, could you please help me in deciding side by side refrigerator?
I checked few out today at Croma and reliance digital and really like LG 687L and Samsung 700L. Prices are more or less the same but not sure about the long term reliability and after sales service. Any inputs are welcome. I currently use Whirlpool double door fridge
I bought LG 247sluv side by side refrigerator. It is huge and ordered at 11 AM, delivered by 6pm and next day 11 AM they installed. LG service is impeccable. My LG washing machine is working for 10 years with one service call. Extremely happy with this fridge. Has WiFi connectivity and you can set tempertures for fridge and refrigerator remotely. I dont think the connectivity of much use. Just a gimmick.
bullock-Car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 18:15   #8012
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, finally my IFB Washer is back in action after being in rest for almost 10 months. Just a recap, there was an issue in the motor for which the IFB service Suggested a change of motor for about 4.5K. But being a 21 year old model, they couldn’t procure the part. In the meanwhile, we got a new Bosch front loader and this machine was lying neglected in the balcony. This lockdown gave me an opportunity to take a look into the issue myself and I took the motor out. After checking it, found that all coils are fine, it was just the carbon brush that had worn down. I gave the motor to a nearby shop to replace the brushes but had a pretty bad experience. They charged me 300 bucks in name of servicing the motor. When I connected it back, there were still arcs of electricity and the state was like before only. I decided to open the motor and found that there was nothing they had actually done except for cleaning the commuter. Chasing those 300 bucks was fruitless and hence I let that be.

Thankfully, I had an old identical motor lying around with the brushes in very good condition. That became my donor. Fitted everything back and the machine is back in perfect action. The machine is now doing the duties since past 3-4 days and every cycle is working perfectly like before.

Check the photos:
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-d2fba98fbeee46e7bd462557fc06d5d6.jpeg  

The Home Appliance thread-aef9aef04ea3445c931593ac36a97036.jpeg  

The Home Appliance thread-a486ef6afca44fd88db019401d4b388d.jpeg  

The Home Appliance thread-d7baeb67f698452aa22bdaccb291ed92.jpeg  

The Home Appliance thread-de140f04aa5f4944a411d9497ca8e899.jpeg  

The Home Appliance thread-6bda859cde6448b8adae1df0f73d8158.jpeg  

The Home Appliance thread-8a2d46bb7cbe456280e79c469f49126c.jpeg  

The Home Appliance thread-ea47c58ba3da40979b7a258d347e89c4.jpeg  

Last edited by saket77 : 22nd July 2020 at 18:18.
saket77 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 22:59   #8013
BHPian

Folks, have shortlisted 4 dishwashers: Two from Bosch(Serie4-SMS46KI03I, Serie4-SMS46KI01I), One from Siemens (iQ300-SN236I01KI) & One from LG(DFB424FP)

Now I'm having doubts about LG since many have issue with auto resume.

Also as of now, all the above are out of stock in Pune.

Was browsing the net and found that Hafele dishwasher (Axle 12s) is available. Does anyone have any experience with Hafele dishwashers & service backup?
Old 23rd July 2020, 00:15   #8014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Anyone views on it: Can we stack dishwasher above washing machine? There are many benefits like the convenience of loading and unloading utensils while standing, easy plumbing and water outlet methods, saving space by occupying vertical space etc., How much load a washing machine can handle on top of it?
The weight handling of the washing machine notwithstanding, I'd not recommend putting the dishwasher that high or on top of any appliance. Dishwashers are designed to be loaded from the top and keeping it at height would make it difficult to load the vessels onto the top shelf. Also, remember that you are loading dirty dishes into the washer and there will always be the risk of some water/leftover spillage on you.
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 01:32   #8015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Can we stack dishwasher above washing machine?
Its quite easy to make a shelf with a 24mm or even thicker wooden shelf, supported on two sides, from around your machine at the bottom. I would place the dishwasher at the lower level because the door opens downward making it inconvenient to use if at a height of 4 ft or more from the ground. The front loader on the other hand will be easier when it is on top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Check the photos:
Awesome job! Am envious that you did this and how did you happen to have a spare motor? I have a dish washer and a front loader washing machine waiting to be scrapped and was contemplating taking out such parts for future projects. Was thinking of a gate opener or something like that.

Last edited by diyguy : 23rd July 2020 at 01:37.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 09:29   #8016
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Awesome job! Am envious that you did this and how did you happen to have a spare motor? I have a dish washer and a front loader washing machine waiting to be scrapped and was contemplating taking out such parts for future projects. Was thinking of a gate opener or something like that.
Thank you! The older motor happened to be replaced consequent to damage during a short transit without the transit bolts secured. It was replaced about 14 years ago by IFB service and it was kept in a bag all these years.
The front loader and the dishwasher will have a lot of parts that you may salvage. If you don’t plan to repair them, go for a tear down and salvage all electronics, controllers and motors. I recently did the same to my old microwave oven.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 21:12   #8017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Its quite easy to make a shelf with a 24mm or even thicker wooden shelf, supported on two sides, from around your machine at the bottom. I would place the dishwasher at the lower level because the door opens downward making it inconvenient to use if at a height of 4 ft or more from the ground. The front loader on the other hand will be easier when it is on top.
I would advise to put the dishwasher on top, which has zero vibration vs a Front load washer which vibrates a lot, plus around 7 to 8kg of load shaking inside the drum will cause massive forces on plywood. So its best to keep the washing machine on the bottom and dishwasher on the top.
Old 24th July 2020, 09:22   #8018
Senior - BHPian

Any recommendations for Air fryer.

One of my friends got a Phillips one for 10K with 2+2 years warranty. Are they any cheaper but VFM buys here? Came across Inalsa which I guess is an Indian brand/model. Any reviews on the same?

What should I be looking when buying one? How much capacity is sufficient for a family of 3?

I searched this thread for some reviews, couldnt find. Hence requesting again.
Old 24th July 2020, 11:55   #8019
Senior - BHPian

For large pieces, it is best to take the largest piece (blanket, curtain, rug etc) to the nearest WM shop and see which size can accommodate the piece. In general our 6.5kg machine takes single blankets easily, but double width just do not go in. So I guess for really large pieces an 8kg or larger will be needed.

Basically there are two factors to consider
1. Weight of the clothes
2. Volume of the clothes.

Volume is generally the limiting factor for large pieces, which may not weigh much.

Another factor is the amount of clothes and the frequency. For a family of 4 we wash daily and at time twice (actually it comes to 9 to 10 washes a week). That includes clothes, bed lined, towels, mats and all the kitchen rags. Twice a year there are curtains (10 washes for the whole house) and other miscellaneous stuff.

So if you need to carry out 14 washes a week a larger capacity is much better, unless the washes use different settings. For example our clothes are washed at 40 degrees, but linen, mats and towels at 90 degrees, so we need different batches.
Aroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 13:44   #8020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullock-Car View Post
I have an LG front loading machine for 10 years, fantastic machine.
regarding your queries.,
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
99% of time you will simply switch it on and hit the start button. So forget the other functions. YMMV. Yes spin speed matters for drying. Higher the better.
Please share your advice on my 2 more queries -

Since my LG Front Load machine will be kept in balcony which is water cleaned everyday, I would like to go with a stand and cover.

1.) Any suggestions on brands for stand and cover ? Any feedback on Bosch Original Stand ?
2.) Does a stand lead to vibrations in machine ?
3.) Is LG warranty void for using a stand ? I already extended it for 2 more years.

Thanks in advance!
Old 28th July 2020, 14:18   #8021
BANNED

I have written about this problem I faced with my LG Top Loader before. Let me continue the story here.

I had an LG Top loader for 10+ years in my bathroom. Never gave any problems even with water dripping & splashing aver the touch screen & other parts. Even though it was still working fine, I replaced it with a newer LG Top loader. Right at installation time, the installer told me that keeping it in the bathroom isn't a good idea. But I kept there anyway because there is no place I could keep it. Within 6-8 months, the PCB blew up & was replaced under warranty. This happened 3 more times after that.

Each mechanic said that all new LG washing machines would have this problem if kept in the bathroom. Then I asked a few more independent mechanics. They said this is more a problem with Inverter washing machines & not the others. I also talked to a few people in the home appliance industry. One of them said that IFB does potting/conformal coating of it's electronics to avoid this problem. As per him, abroad Washers have their own space where there is absolutely no water, so they aren't designed for it. So he recommended or if I didn't want that, asked me to check India designed WMs if they have potting/conformal coating.

I junked my LG even before the 2 year warranty was over & I bought an IFB top loader. It's been a few months but no issues as of now (but then I will know for sure only after a year is over).

Last edited by carboy : 28th July 2020 at 14:27.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 14:32   #8022
Distinguished - BHPian

There are very considerable forces at work in a front-loader washing machine. Whilst they should be tamed by making sure that the machine is properly level, I would not feel happy putting one on the kind of stand sold here for fridges etc. There should be no problem with the amount of water used for mopping: this would happen inside a kitchen anyway.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 14:44   #8023
Team-BHP Support

A word on the service and a job well done by the Samsung team in Dwarka, New Delhi.

My decade old microwave stopped heating all of a sudden on a Sunday afternoon. Logged a ticket with the Samsung support team and the engineer was at the doorstep within 48 hours. He was equipped with all the spare parts (including the magnetron which was ultimately not required), diagnosed in 5 minutes and replaced a capacitor in another five minutes. Total charges = Rs 754 (354 visit charges + 400 spare parts).

Pretty happy with the product (in regular use since 2009) and the service from Samsung.
Eddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 14:47   #8024
BHPian

It will not be just mopping rather it will be a water pipe based washing by maid everyday and a typical zhaado doing the job
Hence, looking for a stand.

I do agree that placing machine on generic stands would not look good, hence seeking advice for branded good looking premium ones.
Old 28th July 2020, 14:58   #8025
Distinguished - BHPian

Does Samsung sell robot vacuum cleaners and moppers in India? Anyone bought one? Feedback?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks