Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2021, 17:48   #8506
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Have people here used these kinds of vaccum cleaners?
The problem with these low power vacuum cleaners is that they will not have enough suction power to be of any practical use. For a decent suction, you need at least 30+ AW of suction power.

Check this out. A friend has this model and he has good feedback. I have a similar Bosch cordless which works great, but which is not in stock anymore.

https://www.amazon.in/BLACK-DECKER-B..._t3_B07CSW9K87

One issue with this model would be the poor backup of the battery. It should be enough to clean a 2 bedroom apartment in one charge. But anything bigger, you will run out of battery juice. The solution would be to get a spare battery (I use a spare battery for the Bosch and it works great).
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 13:13   #8507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Check this out. A friend has this model and he has good feedback. I have a similar Bosch cordless which works great, but which is not in stock anymore.

https://www.amazon.in/BLACK-DECKER-B..._t3_B07CSW9K87
Hey graaja, any idea on the noise level of both the Bosch and Black + Decker models? And can you share the Bosch's model number as well? Or a link? Thanks

I'm also on a lookout for vacuum cleaners, but not in immediate need.
Old 18th January 2021, 18:41   #8508
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
Hey graaja, any idea on the noise level of both the Bosch and Black + Decker models? And can you share the Bosch's model number as well? Or a link? Thanks

I'm also on a lookout for vacuum cleaners, but not in immediate need.
I have not used the Black & Decker. So not sure about the noise. The Bosch one had quite decent performance and noise was also not too much. The Bosch model is GAS18VLi.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B010VFP9JA/

It is not in stock anymore. I bought it in October 2016 and it has been working well for 4 years. One of the rollers in the suction foot is gone and the plunger that activates the power switch has broke and I have not been able to find a spare.

So I upgraded to the Dyson V11 a couple of days back. Will keep the Bosch as a backup.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 09:11   #8509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I purchased a philips one just like this from Malaysia for 16K INR and find it to be worthless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
For a decent suction, you need at least 30+ AW of suction power.

Thanks a lot! I got the point. I might be going for Karcher VC4 (second link) until there is some specific poor feedback/availability issue about it. It'll serve as a cordless vacuum and has a detachable arm that can be used for upholstery.

Another area where I need inputs:

The house where I'll move in by the summer has only one balcony. So, I plan to install a dryer else the balcony will just become a utility area. I am confused about whether to install a washer-dryer ( Samsung has one at 35-ish K) or add the IFB dryer to my existing, two years old washing machine. The space I have is either Kitchen (side by side to a dishwasher) or a washroom (on top of each other). Washer-Dryer seems a better fit but I am not sure of drying times and efficiency. As I have never bought any dryers before, please suggest.
Old 19th January 2021, 10:30   #8510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The house where I'll move in by the summer has only one balcony. So, I plan to install a dryer else the balcony will just become a utility area. I am confused about whether to install a washer-dryer ( Samsung has one at 35-ish K) or add the IFB dryer to my existing, two years old washing machine. The space I have is either Kitchen (side by side to a dishwasher) or a washroom (on top of each other). Washer-Dryer seems a better fit but I am not sure of drying times and efficiency. As I have never bought any dryers before, please suggest.
If you have the space, always get a stand alone dryer. The reasons are

1. Stand alone dyer has higher capacity compared to washer-dryer (which is normally 1/2 the washing load).

2. You gain redundancy. The dryer is there if the WM breaks down. You are not tied to one brand of WM and can get another.

3. A Washer Dryer is normally as epensive as a washing machine and a separate dryer.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 10:43   #8511
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As I have never bought any dryers before, please suggest.
I bought the IFB Dryer in May '20 and have been very happy with it. I typically put in one washing machine load worth of clothes at a time (mix of towels, shirts, trousers etc.) and a 90min cycle gets all the clothes warm and dry. Using the Dryer twice for 90min each everyday jacked up my monthly electricity bill by about 750.
Old 19th January 2021, 12:13   #8512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
If you have the space, always get a stand alone dryer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I bought the IFB Dryer in May '20 and have been very happy with it. I typically put in one washing machine load worth of clothes at a time (mix of towels, shirts, trousers etc.) and a 90min cycle gets all the clothes warm and dry. Using the Dryer twice for 90min each everyday jacked up my monthly electricity bill by about 750.
Thank you Aroy and Libran for detailed information on this and for covering all required points.

I think it's better to check with some interiors experts about how to go about it. If it will be possible, I would just buy a dryer as my existing washing machine has plenty of years.
Old 19th January 2021, 12:57   #8513
BHPian

Quote:
If it will be possible, I would just buy a dryer as my existing washing machine has plenty of years.
We purchased a large Samsung dual washing machine 18kg front load and 3kg top load. It has drying too but the drying capacity is half of the washing capacity. Its been 3 years and we haven't used it once. I think the separate dryer is the wiser way to go.
Old 19th January 2021, 13:58   #8514
Senior - BHPian

Experts, in a dilemma and need suggestions fast.

Now Home minister has entrusted (rather directed) to buy her a Mixer grinder (a replacement to Bajaj food processor which has been seeing infinite issues) and this time I should be doing the selection and buying part. I just read a few pages back in this thread and have seen a variety of brands being mentioned. If I dont get the mixer purchase right, I might not see the coconut chutney ever with the Idlis and Dosas.

So I narrowed down to the following requirements:
1. Purely Mixer grinder with 3 jars preferably of metal rather than plastic.
2. Motor capacity of 500-600W (I think this is the right W as we would never be grinding turmeric for sure)
3. Blades should be replacable types, not fixed ones. The coupler mechanism of the body should be real sturdy ones.
4. Price range max till 5K.

Is there one out there which can meet above? A silent mixer is a myth or in real?
Old 19th January 2021, 14:51   #8515
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
A silent mixer is a myth or in real?
Phillips has a model. Silent. But the brushes mY wear out, if it has brushes. Those without brushes are low maintenance, but do inform the neighbours that you are having chutney.

Edit - here you are.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B009UORERY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_qtQbGbKFWSA37?_encoding=UTF8& psc=1

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 19th January 2021 at 14:53.
Old 19th January 2021, 21:02   #8516
BHPian

I was surprised to see that an opened up malfunctioning IFB microwave has all its parts sourced from Galanz, a Chinese giant. It makes no sense to pay a premium for Indian brands like IFB when they don't even relabel the interior components. Just buy the cheaper Galanz microwave instead. Image from reddit.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-20210119_134529112.jpg  

Cessna182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 21:06   #8517
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to all the Folks who gave their recommendation towards Preethi Mixer Grinder. Picked up the "Preethi Blue Leaf Diamond Mixer Grinder" on the Amazon.in Sale today at ₹2609/- (After SBI Card Discount).

The Home Appliance thread-img_20210119_195235.jpg

The Home Appliance thread-img_20210119_195243_02.jpg

The Home Appliance thread-img_20210119_200215.jpg

The order was placed today and the item was also delivered today

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 19th January 2021 at 21:07.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 23:41   #8518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
I was surprised to see that an opened up malfunctioning IFB microwave has all its parts sourced from Galanz
The IFB microwaves are not even assembled in India. We bought one recently and it was "Made in China".
Old 20th January 2021, 07:50   #8519
BHPian

I purchased a 200ah Amaron battery for an older APC 850VA home inverter. I am getting grief with this as the inverter seems to have just died. It worked well in the past for 150ah batteries. Is there any incompatibility with a higher ah battery? Should i be buying another inverter that supports this larger capacity battery?
Old 20th January 2021, 08:38   #8520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Preethi Mixer Grinder.
Attachment 2110754
Thought I'd give you a heads-up: do watch out for this part:

Name:  interlock.png
Views: 504
Size:  81.8 KB

This part where the interlock between the jar and base happens is main point of failure of models using this design. Everything else will work fine, but this keeps giving up - the tips wear out, esp on the jar end. I got tired of these replacements and got my home folks to get a new mixie.

Last edited by condor : 20th January 2021 at 08:49.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed