Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2021, 09:28   #8521
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

The order was placed today and the item was also delivered today
I have been using this model since a year and the only weak link in it is the jar coupler. Within 2 months all the jar couplers went kaput and we were stranded without a mixer during lockdown. Ordered this aftermarket coupler and replaced them myself and they have been doing duty since then without any trouble.

The mixie itself is good and is capable of running for long duration without overheating. We regularly use it to grind dosa and 'medhu vada' batters which are high load - long duration tasks which the mixie performs like a champ. Our previous mixie from some local brand used to struggle and eventually trip due to overheating whenever we ground batter in it.
nagr22 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 09:52   #8522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I purchased a 200ah Amaron battery for an older APC 850VA home inverter. I am getting grief with this as the inverter seems to have just died. It worked well in the past for 150ah batteries. Is there any incompatibility with a higher ah battery? Should i be buying another inverter that supports this larger capacity battery?
Any specific reason for the upgrade from 150ah to 200ah batteries?. Is the connected load on the 230VAC side, the same?.
Old 20th January 2021, 09:52   #8523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Preethi Blue Leaf Diamond Mixer Grinder
Circa 2008 - I had purchased the same Mixie in its Silver (as against Gold & Platinum) guise. 12 years and 4 houses later, we are still using it.

From dicing copra to grinding dosa batter, it has done everything that you expect it to do. More importantly, it has survived numerous sloppy and clumsy DIY repairs carried out by my wife and me.

Apart from the occasional auto shut off brought about because of overload and a change in the bushes of a jar, we haven't spent too much on it.

Interestingly, I remember paying ₹2,800/- for it in an electronic shop in Gangagnagar, Bengaluru!
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 09:56   #8524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
Any specific reason for the upgrade from 150ah to 200ah batteries?. Is the connected load on the 230VAC side, the same?.
I just wanted longer backup as my mom is coming back from surgery and needed to ensure her comfort with the coming summer. The load on the 230v side is the same for now but need to add one more room (fan and tube) to the same inverter. I have two inverters at home split between the rooms of the house.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 10:00   #8525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Interestingly, I remember paying ₹2,800/- for it in an electronic shop in Ganganagar, Bengaluru!
Good to know the positive feedback.

We did check the local stores in 2nd & 4th Block Jayanagar for pricing - and most of them quoted in the range of ₹4000 for the Gold Model of the mixer. The Diamond model was not available in Stores.
Old 20th January 2021, 10:07   #8526
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I purchased a 200ah Amaron battery for an older APC 850VA home inverter. I am getting grief with this as the inverter seems to have just died. It worked well in the past for 150ah batteries. Is there any incompatibility with a higher ah battery? Should i be buying another inverter that supports this larger capacity battery?
Mostly a coincidence. The Ah of the battery should not matter as long as the voltage matches,ie, 12V or 24V of the inverter.
Old 20th January 2021, 10:08   #8527
BHPian

Anyone here using Dyson VC? Confused between V8 or V10 absolute. We recently adopted a beagle and can notice hair tucked in crevices of sofa after 2 weeks. We stay in a largish 2BHK (1000sqft carpet area), but might move to a 3BHK (1300sqft carpet area) soon. V11 is too expensive.

Last edited by creative420 : 20th January 2021 at 10:10.
Old 20th January 2021, 10:13   #8528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Mostly a coincidence. The Ah of the battery should not matter as long as the voltage matches,ie, 12V or 24V of the inverter.
Ok thank you Sagar, I ordered the apc 850va this morning from amazon in the sale. They are far cheaper than local dealers who have quoted me 20% higher rates.
Old 20th January 2021, 10:21   #8529
Senior - BHPian

So I am buying a new house and looking to buy Miele built in appliances for it. Is anyone here using the same? Would be glad to get some feedback as these are really big ticket items.
Old 20th January 2021, 10:31   #8530
BANNED

Quote:
.... inverter seems to have just died. It worked well in the past for 150ah batteries. Is there any incompatibility with a higher ah battery? Should i be buying another inverter that supports this larger capacity battery?
The Inverter should supply higher current to the batteries for charging the batteries. The inverter is probably ok. But charging current for a 200 Ah battery is more than what is needed by a 150 Ah battery.

I distinctly remember some APC inverters having different terminals for different capacity batteries. On older and assembled models, they fiddle with the circuitry.

You may need another inverter if this one does not support 200 AH batteries. Output may be kept at 850 VA, but charging capacity is what matters here. Sometimes, only larger inverters will support larger capacity batteries. You'll need to check the detailed specifications here.

Hope you are aware that if you have 2 batteries, you can set them up for both 12V and 24 V inverters. But if it is only one battery, you'll need an inverter running on 12V and also supports charging 200 Ah batteries.

Also, there is a possibility that the batteries will charge up, but much slower with the present inverter. If power failures are frequent, with intervals of less than 12hrs, this may not work out well.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 17:55   #8531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Thought I'd give you a heads-up: do watch out for this part:

Attachment 2110891

This part where the interlock between the jar and base happens is main point of failure of models using this design. Everything else will work fine, but this keeps giving up - the tips wear out, esp on the jar end. I got tired of these replacements and got my home folks to get a new mixie.
Same with the Bosch mixie as well. After a few repairs for the same part in the last six months (for a 18 month old one) decided to buy another model/brand itself (even though it is under warranty)
Old 20th January 2021, 22:56   #8532
Senior - BHPian

I'm using V10 absolute for a year now, since I have a pet too. The soft roller is a must for hard floors. Picks up every strand of hair
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Anyone here using Dyson VC? Confused between V8 or V10 absolute. We recently adopted a beagle and can notice hair tucked in crevices of sofa after 2 weeks. We stay in a largish 2BHK (1000sqft carpet area), but might move to a 3BHK (1300sqft carpet area) soon. V11 is too expensive.
Old 20th January 2021, 23:01   #8533
BHPian

My impatient wife bought it (Dyson v10) 20 minutes after I posted here. Hoping to have a cleaner, less dusty home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'm using V10 absolute for a year now, since I have a pet too. The soft roller is a must for hard floors. Picks up every strand of hair
Old 20th January 2021, 23:29   #8534
Senior - BHPian

We use it in UAE, and they never break down. Can vouch for the quality. Not sure from where the Indian models are sourced. Are they manufactured here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
So I am buying a new house and looking to buy Miele built in appliances for it. Is anyone here using the same? Would be glad to get some feedback as these are really big ticket items.
Old 21st January 2021, 10:19   #8535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
We use it in UAE, and they never break down. Can vouch for the quality. Not sure from where the Indian models are sourced. Are they manufactured here?
All imports from EU. They make nothing here. Prices as a result are astronomical.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks