Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2021, 17:42   #8551
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
I have smooth tiled floors in my house. Is Dyson good for such floorings? Or is it better for carpeted floors only?
Dyson comes with two types of cleaner heads - torque head and soft roller. While soft roller is recommended for hard surfaces, torque head is an all rounder that cleans both hard surfaces and carpets. The torque head works very well for the tiled floor in my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I'd have taken a cordless one too. That is 4 - 6X the budget of others. But they need a wall mounted dock or whatever. And rated power is far below 1000W.
The Black & Decker cordless does not use a dust bag and also does not require a wall dock. It has a removable battery that can be charged in a separate charger. This charger can be either wall mounted or kept free standing on the floor.

https://www.amazon.in/BLACK-DECKER-B.../dp/B08CL15MXL

The Dyson cordless cleaners also can be either mounted on the dock or can be placed on the floor and the charging cable can be plugged in.

Not sure about the Black & Decker, but the Dyson uses the regular 5A power socket and does not need a 16A socket.

Last edited by graaja : 26th January 2021 at 17:51.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 18:43   #8552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have smooth tiled floors in my house. Is Dyson good for such floorings? Or is it better for carpeted floors only?
The only reason to use a vacuum cleaner with tiled floors would be to get dust out from corners and behind furniture etc. Especially a Dyson, with their inflated prices, seems a complete waste of money for the job. You can't vacuum up marks, stains, footmarks (visible or invisible) and have to mop/wipe anyway.

If you want to be a bit more up-to-date than an old-fashioned mop and bucket, there are microfibre equivalents. I have one that I brought from UK in 2005 --- but no wife or maid will touch it!

Here it is on Amazon India! e-cloth Deep Clean Mop. Rs.3000 seems an awful lot for a mop... but hey, you were thinking of buying a Dyson!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 20:10   #8553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Works just fine. However if you are looking for a pocha replacement, Dyson isn't it. You are better off with a robot vacuum with mopping function like the Roborock S5 max.
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 20:25   #8554

Anyone here uses a Air Fryer
Old 27th January 2021, 08:05   #8555
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy197883 View Post
Saw a YouTube review video review. Works on the hot air oven principle.
Old 27th January 2021, 09:50   #8556
BHPian

Quote:
We have been using an Airfryer for a few years. You can cook broiler Chicken kebab or things like that with out oil. But any larger piece the heat is not enough to cook it. I use it primarily for Momos.
Old 27th January 2021, 12:15   #8557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
We have been using an Airfryer for a few years. You can cook broiler Chicken kebab or things like that with out oil. But any larger piece the heat is not enough to cook it. I use it primarily for Momos.
How about Fries, nuggets ?
Old 27th January 2021, 12:45   #8558
BHPian

Quote:
How is it different from a convection oven? Any reasons why one should prefer one over the other?
Old 27th January 2021, 12:52   #8559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Yes. French Fries and Nuggets will come out all right. But without oil, French fries don't taste the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
How is it different from a convection oven? Any reasons why one should prefer one over the other?
Actually you shouldn't compare the Air Fryer with Convection Oven in my humble opinion. Air Fryer is more like deep frying without oil. Instead of oil it uses hot air - about 200 degree C to fry food. The air circulates around the food. It emits hot air from its spout. It will surely raise the ambient temperature around it.
Prowler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 13:07   #8560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually you shouldn't compare the Air Fryer with Convection Oven in my humble opinion. Air Fryer is more like deep frying without oil. Instead of oil it uses hot air - about 200 degree C to fry food. The air circulates around the food. It emits hot air from its spout. It will surely raise the ambient temperature around it.
Doesn't Convention Oven do the exact same thing as you explained, you can even go up to 400 Deg also.

I am also looking for an answer, if convention oven is fine for French fries ? I can cook nice Pizza in Convention Oven, Does AirFry also give same result. Since i am having Samsung Microwave with Grill and convention, and i have a weber gas barbeque for grilling chicken, etc. I was thinking is Air Fry is required when i have Convention Oven and Barbeque grill.

I was seeing a youtube video on how to make french fry with Convention + Grill option in microwave oven here . I have to try out.

Last edited by shamanth : 27th January 2021 at 13:08.
Old 27th January 2021, 13:22   #8561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Doesn't Convention Oven do the exact same thing as you explained, you can even go up to 400 Deg also.

I am also looking for an answer, if convention oven is fine for French fries ? I can cook nice Pizza in Convention Oven, Does AirFry also give same result. Since i am having Samsung Microwave with Grill...
Actually it is 200 deg Centigrade, Prowler is talking about. My LG can go up to 230 deg Celsius. When you say 400 with regards to an oven, it is usually 400 degrees Fahrenheit (which is 204 deg Celsius, 400 deg Celsius is 752 deg F which is unlikely in a domestic oven). I've made fries in a convection oven - you will need to turn them over if you are fastidious and want uniform crisping, and I'm guessing that the airflow in the air fryer is strong enough to heat all sides evenly.
mvadg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 15:57   #8562
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
My wife and I have been using an airfryer for about 8 years now and absolutely love it. We hardly deep fry anything anymore, it takes minimal oil, effort and time to use. Nuggets, burgers, kebabs all come out great, and its excellent for reheating certain types of food as well.

Super healthy as literally no oil required, easy to use and clean (just pop it in the dishwasher). Have seen many get creative and even use it for making roast chicken, bakes and even biryani.

Highly recommend it.
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 19:13   #8563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Super healthy as literally no oil required, easy to use and clean (just pop it in the dishwasher).
Which brand is it ? most fryers available are non-stick and not recommended for dishwasher. Would love to go for Air Fryer which can be washed with dishwasher.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 19:27   #8564
BHPian

Is there any brick and mortar store in Bengaluru where I can get a replacement membrane keypad for a Panasonic oven (Model nn-c784wf)? The Start button on the old one we have at home no longer works.

I got a urban company guy to come and take a look and he basically suggested to get the keypad replaced with micro-switches (I had already seen this approach on Youtube...not a fan of it).
Old 27th January 2021, 21:21   #8565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Which brand is it ? most fryers available are non-stick and not recommended for dishwasher. Would love to go for Air Fryer which can be washed with dishwasher.
We have a Philips one, recently upgraded to the 9218. Yes true it might be non-stick, but I do specifically remember it says in the instructions that both the grill and the base container can be put in the dishwasher.
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks