Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2021, 01:01   #8581
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
-- Any models that have a small freezer but more of regular fridge?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS_Guru View Post
You need a Multi-Door or French Door Convertible Refrigerator. I only see such models from Samsung.
As suggested by UPS_Guru, you need a french door refrigerator. There are options from Samsung and Haier for converting one of the bottom ones to a fridge. I recently bought one from Haier as we had similar requirement as yours (veg only and minimal usage of freezer). Link for the model which we bought.

https://www.haier.com/in/refrigerators/hrb-738bg.shtml
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 19:14   #8582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
Hi BHPians,

I'd like to explain to you a harrowing experience I'm going through related to Hindware Cristallo 25L water geyser recently purchased by me. I'm having sleepless nights fearing death by electrocution due to the faulty geyser.
This is shocking. You should file a complaint with the Central Public Grievance Forum and then with consumer court if needed. Replace the geyser on your own for your safety and ask the company for a refund. If you get a replacement, you can sell it to some hardware store. In the meantime, make sure you turn off power to the geyser before bathing, touching the tap or even checking to see if the water has warmed up. That should be a good safety precaution anyway. I always turn off the geyser before showering as a safety measure.
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 22:15   #8583
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Any recommendations for ceiling fans ? Looking for the ones with wider / longer blades and good build quality, less plasticky. While I'm ok with simple aesthetics, don't want the artsy ones that are not good functionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Any suggestions?
With the side by side refrigerators you end up with much lesser space inside.

Look at regular 2 door refrigerators. Most manufacturers usually have a 40:60 design (freezer: refrigerator), but some like Whirlpool Professional series have smaller freezers with their 30:70 design.
We have a 10 year whirlpool professional 410 litre model that's doing great.

Last edited by NPV : 14th February 2021 at 22:24.
Old 14th February 2021, 23:30   #8584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
This is shocking. You should file a complaint with the Central Public Grievance Forum and then with consumer court if needed. Replace the geyser on your own for your safety and ask the company for a refund. If you get a replacement, you can sell it to some hardware store. In the meantime, make sure you turn off power to the geyser before bathing, touching the tap or even checking to see if the water has warmed up. That should be a good safety precaution anyway. I always turn off the geyser before showering as a safety measure.
Thank you for suggesting Centralized Public Grievance Redress And Monitoring System. I've registered my grievance on the Governmental portal and have provided the reference number to Hindware support team as well.

Hindware responded me that they can only do repairs and replacement of the faulty unit will not be provided. I've again asked them to consider replacement instead of repairs in favour of safety.

Reference communication provided below:

Reply from Hindware Support team:
The Home Appliance thread-screenshot-20210214-232054.png

My new reply to Hindware team requesting replacement instead of repairs:
The Home Appliance thread-screenshot-20210214-232133.png

Honestly, I'm amused at the kind of response I'm getting from Hindware as well as the kind of shoddy repairs being performed by their team. I had expected Hindware to be a more professional organisation since they command a superior brand value in bathroom fittings and appliances domain in India.
sarav100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 03:42   #8585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'd like to explain to you a harrowing experience I'm going through related to Hindware Cristallo 25L water geyser recently purchased by me. I'm having sleepless nights fearing death by electrocution due to the faulty geyser.
This is dreadful. This is an absolutely damning report of Hindware quality, safety and service.

I don't know the cost of this unit. Whilst one wants to win the consumer issue, in this instance you would be well advised to get rid of that unit as soon as possible.

It's too dangerous. An unknowing or absent-minded person might turn it on and die. Swallow the cost and get a new unit installed: obviously not Hindware.

By the way, this "we only repair, not replace" policy makes me see red. Of course, sometimes a small problem can be fixed to customer's satisfaction, but, in principle, when we buy new, we buy new not repaired.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 05:48   #8586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
This is dreadful. This is an absolutely damning report of Hindware quality, safety and service...

... when we buy new, we buy new not repaired.
Yes, the OP should replace the unit at his own expense, too dangerous to use this faulty one.

Quote:
Thank you for suggesting Centralized Public Grievance Redress And Monitoring System...
You should probably put your experience on social media in the public interest.
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 07:10   #8587
Senior - BHPian

I would advise you to unmount this geyser and get a tried brand like Racold, since you've already been electrocuted so many times. File a case against them in the consumer forum and pursue it separately. Dont use it
Quote:
I'm having sleepless nights fearing death by electrocution due to the faulty geyser
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 12:18   #8588
Distinguished - BHPian

Have a slightly unique requirement.

We have a calling bell on the ground floor. However, if we are on the first floor then I cannot hear someone ringing the bell even though the bell is pretty loud. Hence is there a calling bell which comes in pairs , the main one will be mounted where the existing calling bell is present and the satellite one will be placed on the first floor and connected to a power supply?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 15th February 2021 at 12:28.
Old 15th February 2021, 12:34   #8589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Have a slightly unique requirement.

We have a calling bell on the ground floor. However, if we are on the first floor then I cannot hear someone ringing the bell even though the bell is pretty loud. Hence is there a calling bell which comes in pairs , the main one will be mounted where the existing calling bell is present and the satellite one will be placed on the first floor and connected to a power supply?
Just connect the two bells to the same switch. They don't consume that high current to burn the contacts. Better still get a simple relay and wire the bells to two NO contacts , then it would work as intended.
Old 15th February 2021, 12:43   #8590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
Just connect the two bells to the same switch. They don't consume that high current to burn the contacts. Better still get a simple relay and wire the bells to two NO contacts , then it would work as intended.
I did not want the hassle of drawing a pair of wire from the top floor to the bottom floor. Hence wanted a easier solution. Last option is to call the electrician and draw up the wires
Old 15th February 2021, 12:53   #8591
BHPian

Quote:
I did not want the hassle of drawing a pair of wire from the top floor to the bottom floor. Hence wanted a easier solution. Last option is to call the electrician and draw up the wires
Hope this works, search for doorbells with multiple wireless receivers
roamer012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 13:12   #8592
BHPian

Can anyone recommend me a refrigerator brand for a single door fridge which has a "good sturdy" door for the freezer?

Today almost all of them have a weak hinged, feeble doors which sometimes get cracked during regular use.
Old 15th February 2021, 13:24   #8593
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
Hope this works, search for doorbells with multiple wireless receivers
Saw similar products before posting the query here. But this has its own dedicated switch. I want to use the existing door bell switch.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 15th February 2021 at 13:41.
Old 15th February 2021, 13:59   #8594
BHPian

Quote:
Saw similar products before posting the query here. But this has its own dedicated switch. I want to use the existing door bell switch.
Not sure if this can help but found this product in google search.

https://www.apwatj.com/index.php?mai...ucts_id=695563

Its a wifi enabled switch with a receiver to connect to multiple loads. So you can connect two bells in series. If the same phase is going between the two floors then you don't need to do too much rewiring. The electrician would simple pull one pair from nearest junction box. You will have to change your existing switch though.

No idea if its available in india. Looks like a US site.
Old 15th February 2021, 14:38   #8595
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Any recommendations for ceiling fans ? Looking for the ones with wider / longer blades and good build quality, less plasticky. While I'm ok with simple aesthetics, don't want the artsy ones that are not good functionally.
Bump:
Any suggestions/recommendations for ceiling fans ?
Would be good to have some idea before shortlisting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks