Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2008, 17:19   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
You will get whirlpool waali in 7.5k 7kg ones (that extra capacity is really useful)
My advice would to keep away from Whirlpool. Have had a very bitter experience with them. Bad products, worse service.

Incidentally, Videocon has a semi-auto model with capacity > 8KG. Rust free plastic body too.
Old 12th August 2008, 15:12   #77
BHPian

any idea about IFB senorita 6kg prices?
Old 4th September 2008, 14:17   #78
BHPian

Bought Godrej GFE 25 AY model for 14.5K . After a lot of research from various sites i decided to go for it. How do you feel about this model, compressor? Its Bright steel color, 230L Frost Free, EON model.
Old 25th September 2008, 06:56   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

MCB kaput ?

How do I know if a MCB has gone kaput ?

The MCB that controls some lighting & the water pumps keeps tripping. Sometimes, even as soon as it is reset. Other times, after some time. Both with & without load.

Only thing that happened before this started was running a power-drill for about 2 min. (The same drill run on another circuit immed after this did not cause any problem).

TIA!
Old 25th September 2008, 12:28   #80
BHPian

, I just cant stop smiling about the diversity in T-BHP.Is there ever a need to visit any other site and read opinion on products???.A thread on home appliances just pushes the boat even further into the sea!!.T-BHP, hope you keep sailing till all the shores are conquered.

Right,my query is on Dishwashers.

I'd like to know where i can buy the Dishwasher liquids and salts.My mum says she's run out of the supply given along with the unit and now cant find the stuff anywhere. She's tried Spencer, Nilgiris, FoodWorld, Magna, Reliance, Big-Bazaar and even Lifestyle!

VIM liquid or anythin in those lines are not made for the machines(excess foaming blah blah blah).Respective owners of Dishwashers, I plead for the right solution before Nov1 cause thats me mums birthday and nothing will make her happier.Hehehe,imagine gifting dishwasher liquid!!.

We've got a KAFE Dishwasher,but i suppose the liquid + salts should be same for all.

Locations to buy in B'lore or Hyd are welcome.Actual product availability suggestions are welcome from everyone.

Thanks a million in advance.
Arun
OT : Normal gift for b'day already planned.Plz dont me.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 25th September 2008 at 12:30.
Old 25th September 2008, 16:08   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post

Right,my query is on Dishwashers.

I'd like to know where i can buy the Dishwasher liquids and salts.My mum says she's run out of the supply given along with the unit and now cant find the stuff anywhere. She's tried Spencer, Nilgiris, FoodWorld, Magna, Reliance, Big-Bazaar and even Lifestyle!
Bro, two places you can try is MK Retail on CMH road and the SPAR hypermart. MK guys get most of their stuff from the middle east and I have found stuff i could never find anywhere else there. Spar is also an international chain so chances of finding it are higher there. Hope this helps .

Cheers

edit: Incase I get to visit it over the weekend, will check it out for you and pm u .

Last edited by sammyboy : 25th September 2008 at 16:11.
Old 25th September 2008, 16:18   #82
Senior - BHPian

@sammyboy,
the location of absynthguzzler says he's from hyderabad. But you have suggested him the places of Bangalore shops.
Old 25th September 2008, 16:20   #83
BHPian

@absynthguzzler

Have you tried those Dollar shops. In Mumbai we have these shops which sell foreign stuff at 99/199/299 (similar kind of) prices. The brands are not top brands of the US, but something that they may not have even heard of !

Try them, maybe they stock dishwasher liquids.
Old 25th September 2008, 16:44   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
@sammyboy,
the location of absynthguzzler says he's from hyderabad. But you have suggested him the places of Bangalore shops.
a: I did ask for shops in B'lore/Hyd,reason being mum and dad are driving to B'lore as i type and will be there till end Oct. But appreciate your concern.Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post

Have you tried those Dollar shops. In Mumbai we have these shops which sell foreign stuff at 99/199/299 (similar kind of) prices. The brands are not top brands of the US, but something that they may not have even heard of !
Try them, maybe they stock dishwasher liquids.

a:Good idea, ill look out for these shops.
None of these would be listed for me to call up and inquire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Bro, two places you can try is MK Retail on CMH road and the SPAR hypermart. MK guys get most of their stuff from the middle east and I have found stuff i could never find anywhere else there. Spar is also an international chain so chances of finding it are higher there. Hope this helps .
Cheers
edit: Incase I get to visit it over the weekend, will check it out for you and pm u .
a: Hey thanks on the choices,I'll ask for them to visit over their stay in B'lore.

I just realised that METRO could be the best bet as well.Unfortunately we aint got membership, so If any T-BHP members have this facility, plz do let me know of availibility and I'll reimburse in advance before your next shopping trip to METRO.
Old 25th September 2008, 18:14   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
How do I know if a MCB has gone kaput ?

The MCB that controls some lighting & the water pumps keeps tripping. Sometimes, even as soon as it is reset. Other times, after some time. Both with & without load.

Only thing that happened before this started was running a power-drill for about 2 min. (The same drill run on another circuit immed after this did not cause any problem).

TIA!
Safety demands assuming that the MCB is ok until everything else is checked!

Have you actually removed all the devices from the circuit?

If the fault is in the cables, it will still trip, and I think it requires an electrician to determine whether the it is the MCB or the cable at fault.

<second thoughts...>

While I was writing I was thinking about Earth Leakage breaker, which is quite expensive. swapping out an MCB should not be expensive, if you feel competent* to do such wiring work. Otherwise back to the electrician

*err... maybe I should have written if you arecompetant!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 25th September 2008 at 18:17.
Old 25th September 2008, 19:23   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

@Thad, thanks for the inputs.

If the MCB needs to be replaced, I intend to have an electrician do it.

At this time I am trying to diagnose the problem. Hence the questions. Today morning too, the MCB didnt even allow a reset for sometime. Left it alone a bit, and then was able to run the motors for 30 min before I switched off the motor.
* The MCB supports two different motors, and one of these always seems to run longer than the other before the MCB trips.
* Other times, the MCB will trip even without any apparent load on it (even lights).
Old 25th September 2008, 23:11   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

I think you need that electrician.

So far, most of the electricians I've met (in this city; three, maybe four) do not have much of a clue about electricity. They can twist two wires together and wind tape around their joint --- but then, most of us can do that!
Old 26th September 2008, 10:06   #88
BHPian

Anybody used the cloth dryers from IFB or similar companies? Any idea how effective they are, electricity consumption and price?
Old 26th September 2008, 10:06   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

@Thad, that's exactly why I'm trying to get an idea of the problem before I call one !

Anyone knows how to diagnose a MCB for it's working ?
Old 26th September 2008, 10:51   #90
BHPian

@absynthguzzler

If nothing works and you are desperate for this, you can order this from amazon.com. There is a guy on techenclave.com forums called 'katmandude' aka KMD, who sources stuff from amazon or any other site in the US. You have to give him the link to the product, he gives you the quote in 2 days and then you have to order the product through him. Check out the Dealer's section on techenclave for a thread called 'Anything from Amazon.com/Newegg..." (something like that). Thats a sureshot way to procure the liquid.

Most Viewed