Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2023, 20:59   #9916
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: The Home Appliance thread

My dryer doesn't start up. Is there a way to figure out of if there is problem in the electrical point (16A point) or if it's a problem with the dryer, so I can call the service center for repair?
Old 25th February 2023, 12:09   #9917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
My dryer doesn't start up. Is there a way to figure out of if there is problem in the electrical point (16A point) or if it's a problem with the dryer, so I can call the service center for repair?
For problems with electrical conections do the following

1. Plug in another device - lamp, charger etc into the socket.

2. If the device works, then the socket is fine.

3. To check the line you need either a test lamp or a voltmeter.

a) First open the plug and check the wire with the tester.
b) if fine then open the dryer and check the cable where it terminates in the dryer.
c) If there is power, then the dryer is suspect. Else it is the power cable.
Aroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 08:26   #9918
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Atomberg Fans service is a joke.
Aghast to hear this. Looks like things have changed for the worse. I have 5 of them (1200, 1400, small helicopter one) bought progressively since 2018, and happy with their operation and service. Only once have they come and changed the PCB, (due to idiotic maid removing my taped up regulator and changing speeds manually) FoC even though outside standard warranty.

Had hoped to change the balance 3/4 fans to them, but this is a stunner. Please tweet to them as well.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 16:10   #9919
Distinguished - BHPian

Any feedback on the Atomberg BLDC mixer-grinder? Looking to buy a all-in-one, and would prefer something a little quieter than the usual ones.
Old 3rd March 2023, 20:16   #9920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Any feedback on the Atomberg BLDC mixer-grinder? Looking to buy a all-in-one, and would prefer something a little quieter than the usual ones.
One of their serv engg visited today (that's another story wrt fans) and he too said not to go with Atomberg mixers as they are getting many service calls for the same.
smrtdvl is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 22:21   #9921
BHPian

Hi everyone. Bought a new house recently so wallet is very light. Any recommendations for an inbuilt oven and chimney? Keep seeing Kaff and they look very beautiful but not sure about their quality and after sales service. Do LG/Samsung not offer in-built appliances? How is IFB/Faber/Glen and others?

Would appreciate a quick revert — need to give dimensions to the interior designer :(

TIA!
Old 3rd March 2023, 23:49   #9922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Hi everyone. Bought a new house recently so wallet is very light. Any recommendations for an inbuilt oven and chimney? Keep seeing Kaff and they look very beautiful but not sure about their quality and after sales service. Do LG/Samsung not offer in-built appliances? How is IFB/Faber/Glen and others?

Would appreciate a quick revert — need to give dimensions to the interior designer :(

TIA!
Been using a Kaff hob for 20 years, just replaced it with another Kaff after more than 20 years. Dropped right into the old cut out. No service problem in all the years. I would recommend the brand.
SedateGuy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 11:50   #9923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post

TIA!
I am not a big fan of built in appliances, as they are twice as expensive as stand alone ones and difficult to service. Yes they save space and look elegant.

I have a Kaff cooking range that is stand alone not built in. It is working fine.

Regarding Chimney, most brands are similar in performance. Just choose one that has baffle filters and self cleaning function. I have a Hindware chiney, that is basically OEM from Italy. Choose one that has a wider reach - 90cm and not 60 cm, as it can suck up fumes from a wider area.
Aroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 09:03   #9924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
Been using a Kaff hob for 20 years, just replaced it with another Kaff after more than 20 years. Dropped right into the old cut out. No service problem in all the years. I would recommend the brand.
What happened to the old unit? Was it an exchange? How much was it worth?
Old 6th March 2023, 15:45   #9925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
What happened to the old unit? Was it an exchange? How much was it worth?
There was no exchange. It was sold as scrap for a couple of hundred as it was full stainless steel unlike the glass tops these days.
SedateGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 15:56   #9926
Senior - BHPian

I am in search of a Air fryer, can anybody suggest me optimum capacity & a good brand for a family of 6 people. We will be using it occasionally for parties etc. My budget is under under 6K IN, I have looked at Air fryers of Inalsa, Pigeon, Kent etc. All of them seems to be Chinese imported. The unbranded ones are available in the range of 4-5K while the branded ones start from 5-6K.

Last edited by mercedised : 6th March 2023 at 15:58.
Old 6th March 2023, 16:08   #9927
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
I am in search of a Air fryer, can anybody suggest me optimum capacity & a good brand for a family of 6 people. We will be using it occasionally for parties etc. My budget is under under 6K IN, I have looked at Air fryers of Inalsa, Pigeon, Kent etc. All of them seems to be Chinese imported. The unbranded ones are available in the range of 4-5K while the branded ones start from 5-6K.
If you can find an Usha Halogen Oven, it will serve all purposes, and for a long time. I have been using one for close to 5-6 years now, and its easily the most used gadget in my kitchen after the Induction plate.

I can see listings on amazon and flipkart, but not availability.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 12:08   #9928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
If you can find an Usha Halogen Oven, it will serve all purposes, and for a long time. I have been using one for close to 5-6 years now, and its easily the most used gadget in my kitchen after the Induction plate.

I can see listings on amazon and flipkart, but not availability.
Is there any benefit of having a Halogen Oven over Air fryer?
Old 7th March 2023, 12:25   #9929
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any benefit of having a Halogen Oven over Air fryer?
It does everything that an airfryer can, plus, baking, roasting etc.
Cakes, especially, come out fantastic, and for making stuff crunchy (kurkuri), nothing compares.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 12:35   #9930
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We are a family of five and had finalised Phillips Air Fryer. Just before placing the order, I did a final online search and came across this video:

This video and the product rating (5 star with over 4000 ratings) convinced me to switch over to Instant Pot Vertex and I finally bought this one. Working well so far, touchwood.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This was during the Diwali sale of 2022. It cost me 9k after all discounts and credit card offers.
Eddy is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed