Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2023, 20:32   #9991
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Atomberg fan users, a query on their blade length. 1200mm (48 inches) is mentioned as the length of the blade. Is it the length of the radius (single blade) or the diameter?
Ref: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07K5CK3WX/?th=1
Old 17th May 2023, 01:02   #9992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Atomberg fan users, a query on their blade length. 1200mm (48 inches) is mentioned as the length of the blade. Is it the length of the radius (single blade) or the diameter?
Blade length is always wrt single blade length from hub.
Old 17th May 2023, 03:56   #9993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
Blade length is always wrt single blade length from hub.
1200 mm ( 4 feet) is the diameter of the fan and not single blade length.. Regular ceiling fans are 1200 mm size.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 17th May 2023 at 03:59.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 12:37   #9994
BHPian

Hi all, I have few queries -
1. What should I look for when buying a kitchen sink?
2. How good is Hafele kitchen sink?
3. How good are Blaupunkt dishwashers in terms of reliability?
4. Do European home appliance products (especially refrigerators, hobs and dishwashers) work well with Indian environment and our unique food culture?
Or is it advisible to stick to Indian appliances like Godrej?

Thanks in advance!
Old 17th May 2023, 13:52   #9995
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LR-GUE View Post
4. Do European home appliance products (especially refrigerators, hobs and dishwashers) work well with Indian environment and our unique food culture?
Fridges that come from Europe, maybe not: they are made for temperate, not tropical, climate. I suffered this with my London fridge.

Fridges that are made in or for India: indeed they should work.

My India-built VW Polo doesn't have any problem with the India environment or food culture!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 14:49   #9996
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Consider the Bosch Serie 4 Condenser dryer.
Helpful insights, thanks. I'm tending towards a vented one as I have the luxury of the garage location. Any further thoughts?
Old 17th May 2023, 15:00   #9997
Team-BHP Support

A couple of months back we purchased a BOSCH DISWASHER 13P SMS66GW01I WHT from Croma for about 41,000.

Anyone on the fence about buying a dishwasher, my advice, GET IT.

It seriously makes our life so easy at home.

We are a family of 4.
We don't use any househelp.

The dishwasher loading starts from the morning itself. Every plate and glass is rinsed and put in it.
By evening its full.

Runs for about 90 mins and you have hot clean dishes.

The only issue is that we cannot put in any anodized or aluminium utensils.
My stainless steel kadai depending on what it was used for, will need my muscle or the dishwasher.

But the best part is the glassware. They shine like never before.

I am sorry if I sound like I am in love but this is how I feel about this.
bblost is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 15:14   #9998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

The only issue is that we cannot put in any anodized or aluminium utensils.
What is the reason for this?
Old 17th May 2023, 15:35   #9999
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
What is the reason for this?
The combination of hot water and the chemicals in the dishwasher detergent react with aluminium.

It will create a weird ugly finish on their surface.

Anodized utensils are basically aluminum with an electrochemical process done on them.

My Prestige anodized cookware on amazon mentions they are dishwasher safe. But they came out with a white powdery look that is downright ugly.

My home we don't use any non-stick cookware. Even frying eggs is done on a cast iron pan.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 16:12   #10000
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
But the best part is the glassware. They shine like never before.
We've been using the LG Dishwasher for about three years now, and can't speak highly of the convenience it brings about. We average about five cycles / two days.

Quick note from our observation: Glassware tends to shine during the first few months, and then you notice a lot of scratching and scaling. Not sure why - either the detergent+heat causes scaling, or it makes the scratches more prominent.

PS: for glassware, we made it a point to rinse them by hand (not the scrubber) even before we got the dishwasher.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 16:50   #10001
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
We've been using the LG Dishwasher for about three years now, and can't speak highly of the convenience it brings about. We average about five cycles / two days.

Quick note from our observation: Glassware tends to shine during the first few months, and then you notice a lot of scratching and scaling. Not sure why - either the detergent+heat causes scaling, or it makes the scratches more prominent.

PS: for glassware, we made it a point to rinse them by hand (not the scrubber) even before we got the dishwasher.
We have been using dishwasher since 2012. Glassware tends to get scratched if you are using longer cycles, lower temperature setting or too much detergent. Or a mix of all. Use shorter cycles with higher temperature so that the detergent dissolves in the water properly. Proper salt & rinsing agent setting is also necessary to get best results (if you are not using the 3in1 tabs). We have never used the 3in1 tablets, so do not have proper first hand experience to comment.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 17th May 2023 at 16:51.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 17:00   #10002
Senior - BHPian

Hafele sink is quieter when water drops on it due to the sticker-padding at the bottom. Builder had provided Franke
Quote:
Hi all, I have few queries - 1. What should I look for when buying a kitchen sink?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 11:40   #10003
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hafele sink is quieter when water drops on it due to the sticker-padding at the bottom. Builder had provided Franke
Carysil sinks also have similar feature and do not make a racket when water drops fall on them. The builders use the steel sinks purely for cost cutting. They do not deserve to be in any modern homes.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 14:56   #10004
BANNED

Quote:
1. What should I look for when buying a kitchen sink?

.... Or is it advisible to stick to Indian appliances like Godrej?
Home appliances - Godrej mostly seems to be Chinese made with a sticker. Sorry to say that. Quality? don't know. On the positive side, a few years later, you'll find spares because it is a generic product.

I have purchased a hafele Topaz model sink. But yet to install it. So no reviews yet.

We looked at - size and design. Shape, number of bowls, undermount or overnount, slope of the bottom (to ensure run off of waste water), thickness of the sheet etc. Most brands use 1 mm 304 stainless steel. Haffele uses 1.2 mm - at least, this particular product does. Look at how the curves will be while cleaning. You don't want glass water rolling over. Or having to put extra water to wash off the dirt and soap. Or dirt accumulating in the corners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Carysil sinks also have similar feature and do not make a racket when water drops fall on them. The builders use the steel sinks purely for cost cutting. They do not deserve to be in any modern homes.
If you mean quartz sinks, I'm told these can crack while straining hot water from cooked things. Both Kaff and Haffele dealers were reluctant to sell quartz sink when they realised that it will be the primary sink in the kitchen. V the kaff 24 inch sink goes into the laundry area for us. We needed a 30+ inch sink in the kitchen.

Have purchased a Kaff Kasso sink too. It should not be undermounted.

Kaff, Faber, ebco, Quattro were other brands considered. There are quite a few niche "designer" brands too.

Also, realised that the places where they make restaurant kitchens use 1.5 mm 304 grade sheet for sinks. And will be happy to custom build. Take the resulting sink to your ICE dealer and stick sound proofing rubber sheets as required. Was so frustrated during the search that this option was considered at one point. Then stumbled on Haffele.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 15:45   #10005
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

If you mean quartz sinks, I'm told these can crack while straining hot water from cooked things. Both Kaff and Haffele dealers were reluctant to sell quartz sink when they realised that it will be the primary sink in the kitchen. V the kaff 24 inch sink goes into the laundry area for us. We needed a 30+ inch sink in the kitchen.

I believe they are quartz. We have one since 5 years and have had no issues with hot water cracking the sink. The sink has solar water connection, and we use full hot solar water when necessary.

Pity they do not make these sinks in custom sizes. I would have also loved a 30 inch plus sink!
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed