Team-BHP - The Home Appliance thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Home Appliance thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/23174-home-appliance-thread-8.html)

There is no point in fighting right now.
Take it this way that its good that with Rs. 6000 you will get it repaired and that thing will work properly and you dont have to spend another Rs. 18000 to get a new machine.

A DIY suggestion...if you are willing

Have the drum taken out by a technician.

Araldite /Epoxy Adhesive + 24 hrs

Then re install..

Thanks guys, I am thinking about the DIY. No harm in trying, eh? If it doesnt work out we can always get it repaired. Ill work out the "off record" thing as well with the tech.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderernomad (Post 1000514)
Thanks guys, I am thinking about the DIY. No harm in trying, eh? If it doesnt work out we can always get it repaired. Ill work out the "off record" thing as well with the tech.

Check the tech for DIY approach I think he may provide you valuable inputs
In fact he can tell/provide good adhesive for the drum

Friends

Most of us have/use electronic equipment at home that need protection. I am in the market for a good stabiliser for my HT setup. Can the knowledgeable please shed some light !!:)

Is this any good?

APC - Line-R - Product Information

Guys... I REALLY need a good voltage stabiliser - Current setup is hooked to a VGuard Stabiliser and I read here on the forum that its trash.

I am planning to invest in a new plasma + HT setup.

Please advice!

:)

And, pray, what is wrong with vguard? I would trust a home grown stabiliser to any non-Indian brand, simply because Indian brands are experienced in dealing with voltages like 110V, 48Hz!!!

APC will be good but expensive.

You can also try Logicstat if its available in your city.

Logicstat on the Web: Leading Manufacturer of Voltage Stabilizers in India

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR (Post 1028998)
And, pray, what is wrong with vguard? I would trust a home grown stabiliser to any non-Indian brand, simply because Indian brands are experienced in dealing with voltages like 110V, 48Hz!!!

That is what I thought too - I fact all my stabilisers are vGuard.

Apparently someone who hooked it up to a scope found the raw power cleaner! (in the LCD thread)

Under the circumstances I just wanted to ensure I get the maximum 'Sane' level of protection for the equipment I am proposing to buy in ten days!

If you are getting a Plasma + a serious HT setup with AVR and Powered Subwoofer get a 3 or 5 KVA Servo Stabiliser. Do NOT get electronic/CVT type stabilisers and do NOT Connect them to your home inverter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mura (Post 1029010)
If you are getting a Plasma + a serious HT setup with AVR and Powered Subwoofer get a 3 or 5 KVA Servo Stabiliser. Do NOT get electronic/CVT type stabilisers and do NOT Connect them to your home inverter.

Is there any harm if i run my HT on inverter ? the area i live in has frequent disruptions in electric power supply. Now the sole purpose of purchasing an 800VA inverter was to watch uninterrupted television.

Modern Devices does not need a voltage stabiliser. Just a surge protector is enough. Most modern equipments have switch mode power supply which can take universal input. SO just get a surge protector device and have peace of mind.

depends on what you want to use that stabliser. Ensure that the stabiliser gives a full sine wave. There are a lot of cheap devices that give a quasi sine wave that spoils your purpose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers (Post 1029316)
depends on what you want to use that stabliser. Ensure that the stabiliser gives a full sine wave. There are a lot of cheap devices that give a quasi sine wave that spoils your purpose.

I have bought a plasma tv and looking to buy a 500VA V-Gaurd stabilizer. Can any one suggest if this would be sufficient or should I be looking for any other rating stabilizer? Pls. advise

check the power rating of the plasma tv and decide on the stabiliser accordingly.